Kobnach's Adventures in Fitness

Tues Oct 7

bed at 10:52 up at 7:02; net 8:10 - but groggy in am anyway ;-)

3 veg, all at work. (Still coming home wiped out and not so hungry.

Have rediscovered the office's habit of delivering free dinners 4 nights a week, some of which are salads. Didn't stay for the free dinner yesterday; had leftovers from lunch. But I was there late enough, after walking with the gang.

No strength/core exercises (boo). But I walked more than my quota.

6939 steps, 3 miles

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

Thur Oct 9

bed 11:46; up at 7:07; net 7:21

Exhausted at work to the point of being very slow moving. At 4 PM I was considering climbing under my desk and taking a nap there. So I went home, and slept from approx. 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM. Then I fed the dog, went back to bed, and slept until 8:55 PM. Call it 4 hours.

I don't think I'm sick, though getting this exhausted would be a good way to get sick. I've just been burning the candle at both ends. With unfamiliar people, I'd have stayed at the office till at least 5:30, and worked on something mindless. With this group, I figured I'd instead make sure I would be functional tomorrow.

Only 4093 steps as of 8:57 PM; I missed the evening office walk. I could go walking now, but I think the better part of valour is to go back to bed as soon as I'm rehydrated - got up because my throat was dried out.

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

I'm back .... and somewhat off schedule for the challenges.

Current regimen:

1) strength training - alternate days, Tuesday off

day 1 - 60 second bridge; 30 second plank; 60 second bridge.   (done today - at 10:30 PM, but did it)

day 2 - 3 sets of lateral raises; 5 lb dumbells + 3 sets of bicep curls, 5 lb dumbbells.

2) walking - I want to get this to 10,000 fitbit steps everyday without fail.  I'm at 7891 right now, so I guess I had better put my jacket on.

[edit: now 11:10 PM, end 10,390 steps]

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

Oops - I've been using 3 lb dumbbells, not 5 lb. And they have been enough. I've lost more strength than I'd realized.

Other than that, I've met my goals since my last posting until today. But today my back is unhappy, and I'm recovering from sleep deficit. (Got up after noon; tempted to go back to bed around 6 PM.) Calling it a quasi-sick day.

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

*sigh* just got back from cheiropractor. Walking's OK, but I'm to stick with stretches for a bit even after the back feels fine.

Tonight it's pouring rain (great for the plants) and while I'm moving a lot better, I'm even sorer than before, so won't make any attempt at walking more than the 3000 steps I've done so far today. And of course yesterday was similar - perhaps 3000 steps, and no strength exercises.

She also says that while my balance muscles are fine, my glutes are notably weak. Bridges and lunges for me, oh my. Once I'm fully recovered, of course. But looks like my upcoming challenge may be longer on gentle yoga, weaker on strength training, than I'd been planning. *sigh*

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger