SuNoYo's Quest

SuNoYo

You should be proud of yourself.  It would have been easy to use the late times of the sessions to back out, but you didn't!  Kudos!

Question:  Why did your mom eat your lunch?

The £10 gift voucher I'll be getting won't be very useful either; I blame my ballsiness on the fact that I'd just read some thread updates here combined with my desire to have a legitimate day out.

Answer: she thought it looked nice. I'd prepared it the night before - basically cauliflower cheese with a judicious helping of bacon bits and winter greens - so all it needed was a quick stint in the oven. But mum's a wee bit of a wimp when it comes to cheese flavours, and I like a nice strong cheese on occasion. Note how I didn't count this meal towards my esteem points because I didn't get to taste it to make sure it came out all right. And I was looking forward to it too.

Looks like you're doing just great! Congrats on all the progress you've made so far. Definitely inspirational, keep it up!

Thanks!

Time to play catch up!

Day Eleven/Week Two, Day Four/Thu

Meals

Brekkie: Same as before. ~20g knock-off Coco Pops, water, meds.

Notes: Boring, but practical.

Lunch: Chicken salad sandwich minus the bread. Water. Meds.

Notes: N/A.

Dinner: Homemade cottage pie with cauliflower, peas and carrots. Did the prep, but skipped out when it came time to do the mashing; I'm slightly too short to reach the bottom of the pressure cooker properly so I always leave lumps when I do it.

Notes:  Peas are my mortal enemy but I was a brave rebel and nommed them up, even when they tried to hide underneath my cottage pie. The mince and gravy was kiler today so I had extra. Water. Meds.

Snacks: Some walnuts. 

Progress: Nope. But I'm still eating three meals a day, so it's a plus. And I haven't forgotten to take any of my meds at all! Mostly Paeleo? Well, at least 50%.

Exercise

Walkies for about half an hour - maybe two miles? Did warm up and stretching but no actual work out even though I had no DOMS whatsoever except a little bit in my glutes. Laziness.

Day Eleven/Week Two, Day Five/Fri

Meals

Lunch: Pasty, water, meds.

Notes: Too much pepper.

Dinner: Domino's pizza - two slices cheese and tomato (large), two slices new yorker (medium, frankies substituted for pepperoni) and a chocolate twisted dough ball. Glass of cherryade. Meds.

Notes: If it wasn't for the fact that we spent a fair amount of money on this meal because my TKD sibling officially received his black belt last night (he passed the test last year, but the belt only arrived yesterday) I'd have left three-quarters of the crust and about two-thirds of a slice. The cherryade was sickly sweet too, and here's the thing: my drinks are diet coke and cherryade. I'm a cherryade fiend, and now I can't stand the stuff.

Snacks: Some walnuts.

Progress: Nope. Cheat day/meal because we had an impromtu party.

Exercise

Nope. Pizza bloating. >.>

Well, aside from the usual walkies.

Day Eleven/Week Two, Day Six/Sat

Meals

Lunch: Bunless cheeseburger w/ salad, a few chips. Can of Rio (no way was I paying 70p for water). Meds.

Notes: Kind of awkward eating in (it was raining cats and dogs and I was carrying my laptop!) when the owner (whom I know mildly well having once been a regular) was chatting with older, now frequent regulars about the messy divorce he and his ex/co-owner were going through. It's a family business.

Dinner: Homemade burgers with caramelised onions (fried in butter). No buns. Water. Meds.

Notes: Probably no horse at all!

Snacks: Some walnuts. And a Cadbury's creme egg. And a bar of dark chocolate. And three pieces of chocolate covered popcorn.

Progress: Nope.

Exercise

Four and a half miles. Partially in very wet and very cold weather. See, turns out they'd mislogged the laptop in the first place. While I was fairly sure it was either a RAM issue or hard drive problem (my laptop is quite old and bedraggled) - and dearly hoping it was just the RAM - they'd mislogged it under a simple 'virus issue'. And given my laptop has only ever had one serious issue (that I fixed myself - little baby techie that I am) and that my Fabulous Internet Research had told it was likely the RAM . . . today I stood in the workshop and watched.

And had to buy a new hard drive because mine was dead. They were kind enough to burn me off an install disc and off home I went to clean install windows. After the minor problems of not having BOOTMGR register I fixed that and installed fine. Until I discovered none of my network drivers had installed at all. NONE OF THEM. And I don't know enough about drivers to fix them.

Or rather I didn't because in the ensuing seven and a half hours hopping around the internet I got the ethernet driver working. My laptop currently refuses to acknowledge the existence of wireless even though I've multiple times installed the correct (or at least the three listed most compatible with my laptop) ones. So it's off back to the shop on Monday.

And no, I don't know why their repair shop seemingly closed nearly three hours early either. :nightmare:

So no. No exercise beyond the four and a half mile walk. And stress eating as well.

See, it's literally just the wireless drivers that won't work, everything else is fine and it drove me mental. Oh, and I can't install adobe either, but that's probably because I was installing it at the same time as I was installing 140 things from Windows Update! But everything else is fine! I might even give myself one esteem point for not never giv[ing] up, never surrender[ing] and fight the [enemy] on the beaches . . . I mean, for teaching myself new techie skills and not completely melting under pressure and frustration. Or shouting at the Idiot Father - he's still at the two finger peck style of typing after five years.

Anyway!

I did manage to get hold of my mini-battle log from December when I finally got around to measurements!

This is what I measured on 01/12/2013:

Weight: 167lb/11st 13lb/76kg

Body fat: ~33% (eyeballing)

Neck: 14"

Bust (under/over): 38"/44"

Bicep (right): 13.5"

Waist: 42" (note: I was less exact with these measurements, but I'm pretty sure this was waist (bellybutton) in my latest measurements)

Hips: 42"

Thigh (right): 23.5"

My latest measurements were taken on the twelfth. In forty-three days I lost:

2/3" from my neck

1.5" from my overbust

2.5" from my underbust

1" from my right bicep (and probably about the same for my left, but I'm not counting it)

1.5" from my waist (bellybutton)

1.25" from my hips

6" from my right thigh - dudewot

That's fourteen God damn inches! OVER CHRISTMAS! Give or take.

So I'm happier now. Obviously. I'll just have to move that IOME BBWW into next week or something because I'm just too damn tired and achey around the arms to do any more tonight than read/watch the manga/anime known as Ghost Hunt and be delightfully creeped out. And besides, my

Side Quest

is now at 103 lines because that's what I did yesterday, and apparrently what I do when I'm stressed now. Translate furiously.

Anyway, I want a high five for a belated woot! Pls? :pride:

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Woot woot! Hi five and a big hug of well doneness. A pat on the back, a wink and smile then another hug.

Congrats on the great numbers - a sure sign that you're on the right track.

And good on you for persevering with the laptop, that sort of stuff is as frustrating as hell.

Well done

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Puddles decided to teach me the merits of patience and stillness today by sleeping for half an hour on my head with her claws resting on my glasses. Music/meditation things were listened to and I so I learnt how lying still and listening to one's body can be very fulfilling, even vital to one's health.

Kitties are great meditation gurus! 

Looks like you're doing really well with your workouts! Do you feel the difference too? Do you feel fitter, stronger? Noticing those things can do great things for your motivation! I see the real struggle is with your food. Why do you snack on unhealthy things? No idea what delicious healthy snacks you can eat? Are you unprepared and just eating whatever is available? Maybe I can help. 

You're doing great and keep on progressing! 

• Like 1

hi5.gif

Great job, Sunoyo! Shame about that pizza bloating, but at least now it's passed! Congratulations on the lost inches, that's awesome! Keep rocking it!

Yep, and it's so expensive we hardly ever get it, so it's not ever going to be a massive problem. And don't worry, I'll keep on rocking.

200_s.gif

Woot woot! Hi five and a big hug of well doneness. A pat on the back, a wink and smile then another hug.

Congrats on the great numbers - a sure sign that you're on the right track.

And good on you for persevering with the laptop, that sort of stuff is as frustrating as hell.

Well done

*high fives back*

And yeah, there just comes a time when even the best techie throws their hands up in the air and says "Forget it!" I am not the best techie. And I persevered for nine hours. About twice as long as I usually would. ALL MY FRUSTRATION! That's partially why I vented here, I don't sleep well when I'm frustrated and I've only just gotten into a healthy-ish sleeping pattern recently.

Kitties are great meditation gurus! 

Looks like you're doing really well with your workouts! Do you feel the difference too? Do you feel fitter, stronger? Noticing those things can do great things for your motivation! I see the real struggle is with your food. Why do you snack on unhealthy things? No idea what delicious healthy snacks you can eat? Are you unprepared and just eating whatever is available? Maybe I can help. 

You're doing great and keep on progressing! 

She's had nearly seventeen years of practice, and so have I. Though the meditation/sleeping has been increasing steadily lately what with her being seventeen years old and running the household. No joke, everyone works around her; she really enjoys sleeping on my workout mat thing too (wooden floorboards are neither quiet nor easy on the knees) so bribery is involved when moving her anywhere.

I definitely feel stronger; I'm doing knee push ups and prisoner squats and not falling down even when I go a little faster. I'm also feeling more flexible in that sitting down for ages in odd positions doesn't cause as much strain on the muscles or joints.

Yeah, food.

The problem is that I still live with my family, and we don't make very much money so our dinners are cooked en masse using fairly cheap meals. And spuds are always cheap so it's [some form of meat or fish], spuds and [veg] for the most part. Anything easy to cook for a large number of people. And healthy snacks are often quite expensive. I mean, when it comes down to buying a small bag of almonds or buying bread and butter snacks go out the window.

And my recent laptop repair (and the upcoming one to get my laptop acknowledging wireless) is costing a lot of money. In fact it cost me my next ten weeks of T'ai Chi, so I'm borrowing ahead of myself with my budget. I'm not saying I don't have money saved up for emergencies, but it's hard to justify spending that £15 on food when you know there's perfectly serviceable food available at home. Laptop repairs are emergencies when your work is on them; running out of electricity is an emergency; having your water cut off in two days if you don't pay the bill is an emergency; buying healthier/better quality/Paeleo friendly food is not an emergency.

I've been getting better with my snacks, but the past week has been rather mean, so I know that when I'm emotionally stressed I eat sweet things. I do consider it a point of pride that three months ago the fight with my brother or the laptop issues would have had me downing a 500ml tub of Ben&Jerry's within ninety minutes, and now it's not very much at all.

It's basically a mix of two things: I need cheap, delicious, healthy things to snack on, and I need to be more prepared. And it's kind of hard to tell your mother to her face that you're not eating the meal she just made because 'it's not what I wanted to eat'. See, I like a later meal, but the brother MUST have his meals at a certain time (and they MUST be what he dictates) or . . . well. Let's not go there.

We also don't have much storage space either (for freezing things) because dad's away two weeks at a time so we make and freeze all his dinners in advance - which takes up a shelf and a half of freezer space. And my littlest brother is autistic and MUST have certain food items available to him at all times which take up a whole shelf and a mini-shelf in the fridge as well.

So any help is appreciated - especially in the snack and emotional eating areas.

<high five>  Awesome!  That's great progress.

*high fives*

We're all awesome! Some of us are just more awesome than others. /overused reference.

Day Thirteen/Week Two, Day Seven/Sun

Meals

It's Sunday so it's a non-eating day!

Brekkie: Water. Meds. ~5g of Coco Pops.

Notes: Wouldn't even eat the cereal if I didn't have to.

Lunch: Water. Meds. Piece of bacon.

Notes: Bacon is much better than cereal for medically mandated eating.

Dinner: Roast pork, crackling, peas, carrots, sprouts, bit of homemade gravy made from the veggie stock created when cooking the veg. Water. Meds.

Notes: Didn't eat a single potato even though there were only two on the plate.

Snacks: Some walnuts. Three red grapes. 1/3 a shortbread biscuit.

Notes: Those red grapes were disgustingly sweet. The biscuit is an old habit. We used to have two dogs, so whenever you had a biscuit you ended up dividing it between yourself and the dogs - and they always had one for Sunday dessert - but we lost our Dog in November. Still instinct to only take a small bit out of the biscuit, but then you're left hanging because the dogs aren't the dogs any more.

Exercise

Half hour walkies (sans dogs, I don't do dog walks any more, I've done my six years).

Three BBWW circuits and the now-traditional warm up and cool down.

My dumbbell's currently being used to destroy coal so I had to settle for a lighter one - so old the weight numbers have been worn off the plates. About 2.5lb per plate I think.

Only noting unusual things down in BBWW notation proper. My normal is my normal:

20 prisoner squats

10 side lunges per leg

20 standing mountain climbers

10 bent over dumbbell rows

plank

knee push ups

Warm up ~10min (inc. T'ai Chi stuff)

Circuit 1: time - ~4:30

knee push ups!

plank: 30s (Puddles jumped on me)

Two min rest

Circuit 2: time - ~4:45

plank: 30s

knee push ups!

One min rest

Circtuit 3: time - ~5:30

knee push ups!

plank: 60s - one-legged (resting left leg on top of right)

Cool down (inc. T'ai Chi stuff) - didn't record. Probably 15min because my cool down is quite long and stretch/mobility orientated.

Time: ~18 min, not including warm up and cool down.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Wow, SuNoYo! Great progress on your challenge and a high five on the translations - Woot!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Haha, your kitty sounds darling, really! I love old cats. My boyfriend's parents had one and she just wanted to cuddle. She would poke you with her paw, and let out a really soft meow. She could keep doing that for hours, until you allowed her on your lap. She was always sweet, never mean. If she REALLY didn't like something she would just go away. Pacifist kitty. 

I understand your food problem now. I'm glad you told me about it, and don't feel I was judging you. Just wanted to give you a little nudge to go the right direction! The way you describe it, it isn't easy. And in a way it would be ungrateful not to eat the meals that are made for you (and you do eat them, so that's good :) ). Money is usually such a terrible issue and I wish it wasn't for everyone. :( I'm not sure what prices are like where you are, but here you can buy baby carrots, or those really big, sturdy, winter ones, for nearly nothing. The small ones you can eat just like that, the bing ones you can slice up in carrot fries. Takes ages to nibble on and they fill me up nicely. Maybe you could give that a try once in a while. Anyway, I'm rooting for you. :)

Wow, SuNoYo! Great progress on your challenge and a high five on the translations - Woot!

Thanks!

Haha, your kitty sounds darling, really! I love old cats. My boyfriend's parents had one and she just wanted to cuddle. She would poke you with her paw, and let out a really soft meow. She could keep doing that for hours, until you allowed her on your lap. She was always sweet, never mean. If she REALLY didn't like something she would just go away. Pacifist kitty. 

I understand your food problem now. I'm glad you told me about it, and don't feel I was judging you. Just wanted to give you a little nudge to go the right direction! The way you describe it, it isn't easy. And in a way it would be ungrateful not to eat the meals that are made for you (and you do eat them, so that's good :) ). Money is usually such a terrible issue and I wish it wasn't for everyone. :( I'm not sure what prices are like where you are, but here you can buy baby carrots, or those really big, sturdy, winter ones, for nearly nothing. The small ones you can eat just like that, the bing ones you can slice up in carrot fries. Takes ages to nibble on and they fill me up nicely. Maybe you could give that a try once in a while. Anyway, I'm rooting for you. :)

Well, she's a darling, but a push one. And a bit of a sadist. Ever sat cross-legged then had a cat come sit in the gap your legs make. And then place her claws right on your crotch and knead away, slowly and with purpose? The cat you speak of may be a pacifist, but mine was an out-and-out warmonger when she was younger (read: until about seven months ago when she started staying in) who could beat up red setters, collies and a St. Bernard.

No, I didn't feel as if you were judging me, I suppose I just needed to whine a little bit about some things. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do; carrots are dirt cheap (so hardy) and the local shop does sell guacomole, salsa and dip things. Maybe even raita.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Great workout.  You are definitely getting stronger. 60s plank, that's getting serious!  Woot!

I don't know why, but going one-legged made it easier. Maybe because having to balance meant I engaged my core more or something? Bleh, science and anatomy.

Day Fourteen/Week Three, Day One/Mon

Meals

Brekkie: ~20g Coco Pops. Water. Meds.

Notes: N/A

Lunch: ~20g Coco Pops. Water. Meds.

Notes: I did make bacon, but as I was serving it up the Puddles (who had been eating at her plate on the counter) wandered up and sneezed on it. Thick, green cat snot and bacon patently don't go together. And frankly, I couldn't stomach anything green at the time. Understandable, no?

Dinner: reheated roast pork, salad, chips (small amount). Water. Meds.

Notes: We had visitors, so dinner was slapdash and hurried.

Snacks: Walnuts. Apple. 40g dark chocolate with ginger and cardamom.

Notes: When I was getting the Little Brother's stuff I saw the price of a single 500ml bottle of fizzy pop: £1.49. Jesus Christ. Am I glad I kicked my pop habit back in November! I am so glad we can get his drinks on deal.

Progress: Three meals a day, and I made one and a half myself even if I had chuck out lunch. Saw a rocket, prawn and spinach sandwich on sale in the shop for cheap, might ask the TKD brother to get one for me for lunch. I might be a little bit of a prawn addict and may have, perhaps, gutted, shelled and eaten over a pound of them when I was six. They were less than eight hours off the boat!

Exercise

I've had a throbbing headache for most of the day, so only a twenty minute walk and a little bit of stretching. On the plus side I can now bend at the waist, feet shoulder width apart and place my palms flat on the ground with only minimal strain. Granted it's only after a good fifteen minutes of stretching, but I can still do it!

Medical

Got a call from the actual researcher leading the focus group today. She's absolutely fine with me arriving and leaving early. Now the nerves are starting to set in. T'ai Chi tomorrow is still fairly nervewracking, then I've to worry about public transport on Wednesday - mostly getting to the hospital and then getting home as I've never actually caught a bus that late from so far away before.

I can actually feel myself contemplating 'accidentally' missing my bus stop on the way out of the city. I know I'm not going to chicken out of going to the city because I need to get myself (and little brother) some stuff from Lush, and I might accidentally-on-purpose wander into a tattoo/body piercing shop and look at things. And eat dinner. But the journey out will be the killer, especially as I'm at the termination of a route so I usually just zone out or sleep on the bus.

General Progress!

So my boobs are oddly sized and it meant that I had to get larger sizes than I probably needed for tops to prevent boob problems. So I wore a UK 18 on top to accommodate the one boob, and it may have also helped hide the little pot belly I had going on. But when I was changing into pyjamas just now I noticed that the top I was wearing was a UK 16. And it was fairly roomy in general.

Progress!

Now to just loose those few inches from the gut to comfortably fit my UK 14s without having issues. Mostly with the stupid area between the bellybutton and above the hips that seems to comprise only loose/droopy fat.

*glares at*

But hey! I'm down a size (or most of one) everywhere from when I first began! An the 40D bras I used to wear are really not fitting, and I know thanks to my sport bra I'm actually a 38C (thereabouts), so it's just a case of money holding me back! That and knowing I seem to be losing inches/fat quickly enough that I'd rather not spend a lot of money on undies right now.

God, do I talk a lot.

• Like 4

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Great work, SuNoYo!

You're doing an amazing job of it in spite of all the curve balls thrown at you! Oh dear, so sorry that Puddles ruined your bacon. That's a high crime as far as I'm concerned!

Congratulations on the better fittin clothes, that's an awesome feeling!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

So my boobs are oddly sized and it meant that I had to get larger sizes than I probably needed for tops to prevent boob problems. So I wore a UK 18 on top to accommodate the one boob, and it may have also helped hide the little pot belly I had going on. But when I was changing into pyjamas just now I noticed that the top I was wearing was a UK 16. And it was fairly roomy in general.

Progress!

Now to just loose those few inches from the gut to comfortably fit my UK 14s without having issues. Mostly with the stupid area between the bellybutton and above the hips that seems to comprise only loose/droopy fat.

*glares at*

But hey! I'm down a size (or most of one) everywhere from when I first began! An the 40D bras I used to wear are really not fitting, and I know thanks to my sport bra I'm actually a 38C (thereabouts), so it's just a case of money holding me back! That and knowing I seem to be losing inches/fat quickly enough that I'd rather not spend a lot of money on undies right now.

God, do I talk a lot.

Wow, your cat does sound like an amazingly skilled warrior haha! How did that kitty end up fighting a St Bernard? I'm a lot bigger than kitties are and I'm kind of not willing to pick a fight with one, they're big and probably way stronger than me! 

Glad some of the suggestions are viable! I also thought your snacks looked really well. Nomnom walnuts! 

Good thing you're not being too tough on yourself with exercising if you're not feeling well. I'm currently not feeling that great either and I have the hardest time just telling myself not to do a batshit insane workout. I think I'm addicted. 

It's a great feeling, isn't it when you go down a size! Keep it up and I know you can do it! 

• Like 1

Great work, SuNoYo!

You're doing an amazing job of it in spite of all the curve balls thrown at you! Oh dear, so sorry that Puddles ruined your bacon. That's a high crime as far as I'm concerned!

Congratulations on the better fittin clothes, that's an awesome feeling!

Thanks, and yes the Puddles does enjoy committing crimes against food and humanity. She looks so supercilious about it too, but when she comes to you for cuddles and to abuse you she looks so sweet that you just can't help it. And people say humans rule the world.

Wow, your cat does sound like an amazingly skilled warrior haha! How did that kitty end up fighting a St Bernard? I'm a lot bigger than kitties are and I'm kind of not willing to pick a fight with one, they're big and probably way stronger than me! 

Glad some of the suggestions are viable! I also thought your snacks looked really well. Nomnom walnuts! 

Good thing you're not being too tough on yourself with exercising if you're not feeling well. I'm currently not feeling that great either and I have the hardest time just telling myself not to do a batshit insane workout. I think I'm addicted. 

It's a great feeling, isn't it when you go down a size! Keep it up and I know you can do it! 

Imagine a hill; my street stretches halfway up it before it fades into a lane. At the top of the hill are fields and a small woods. Walkies take place here for many, many dogs, and the lane itself is a short cut between two scarcely separate neighbourhoods that effectively share a school. Mine is the 'scruffy', 'poor' area full of 'delinquents' (semi-true, but home pride no?); the other is a neat, pretty cul de sac full of semi-detached houses with gardens and garages/private parking.

They look down on us, though sometimes for good reason.

So when an idiot lets their massive dog off the lead around a joint nursery/primary school (children as young as two) at opening and closing people get Upset. When the idiot does this again and again people get Very Upset.

When said dog - friendly and dumb - likes running up to children to say hello he can scare the children and parents.

When said dog decides to play chase or say hello to my bitchy Empress Puddles, Mistress of All Around Her and Subjugator of Canines she gets Very Angry; claws him across the nose and eyes, leaps on him and proceeds to do the Cat Scream right down his ears while making a game attempt to shred his nose and face to pieces with her hind legs.

At best she weighs 3kg. She's a very fine boned cat who has the same half-grown physique she had at ~eight months old. A St. Bernard is more than twenty times her weight (average range is 64 - 120kg). Even if they are cuter than buttons as puppies.

Obviously she won and the idiot learnt a lesson about keeping his dog on a lead.

She's a berserking Empress Assassin.

The way I see it, it's best to take it slow when you're feeling pants because that way you're less likely to do yourself an injury trying to do something that's taxing when you're in a healthy condition. And yes I noticed your little fitness addiction - so you feel ill? Nope, not taking the day off! Going to punch some rice, do some pilates and bounce for joy because your slackline is/will be arriving shortly. Because that's not a workout at all.

But yeah from what I know of insanity you would have been murdered trying to do a workout today.

How's the tea going?

*decides to copy and paste above into your thread as well*

Day Fifteen/Week Three, Day Two/Tue

Meals

Notes: I think I'm just too lazy to make porridge. That'll have to change.

Lunch: Pasty. Water. Meds.

Notes: It's stewing steak/rump steak, spud and turnip baked inside pastry. Nice and filling, with two of your 'five a day'! Really though the sandwiches were gone by lunch otherwise I'd not have had a pasty. They're on a poor streak at the moment.

Dinner: One burger cooked in its own fat and half a cucumber. Water. Meds.

Notes: Yummm.

Snacks: Four or five walnuts. Water? It kind of counts.

Progress: Yes. My snacks and dinner are 100% Paeleo, the rest needs work. Also, abstaining from the sugar monster yet again; that's why water.

T'a Chi

Still awesome. Talked with three whole people about non-T'ai Chi things and T'ai Chi things. Got complimented for managing to push an instructor off balance during and exercise and was complimented by a partner for both touching her face and letting her touch mine - it was for a sensitivity exercise; I believe it was called 'the shortest is the longest' or something along those lines. Also talked books and about TKD Brother's accomplishments.

See me making social progress.

Exercise

One mile walk to T'ai Chi (11 mins) ninety minute class; one mile walk back (13 mins); BBWW.

Time start: 22:04

1x15 bent over dumbbell rows (two 5lb plates, two 2.5lb plates - is that 15lb I'm lifting or 7.5?????)

1x15 knee push ups

53s plank (left leg resting on right)

1x12 side lunges

1x20 prisoner squats

20 standing mountain climbers

Time end: 22:09

Time start: 22:10

60s plank (right leg on top of left)

1x15 bent over dumbbell rows

1x15 side lunges

1x15 knee push ups

1x20 prisoner squats

1x20 standing mountain climbers

Time end: 22:16

Now my left shoulder is really, really sore, so I'm going to go stretch like a cat waking after a nap.

15 minutes later...

Done! No more shoulder ache, though I have a very minor pain in the left hip. I believe it's because I tend to balance more towards the right naturally, throwing me off when I do wide legged stretches and split practice.

I've also decided the reason the left shoulder was sorest of all my muscles and joints is because it's good for hanging dead weight, but lifting is another things entirely; it'll just have to learn to keep up and I'll give it some extra care when stretching, warming up and cooling down.

Ahem.

I PR'D FOUR THINGS!

Third BBWW was a no-go due to the sore arm, but it disappeared after stretches, so it was a good sore. Would still like more upper body/arm stretches though as I'm rather lacklustre when it comes to them I think.

But who cares? (Me . . . ) I did 30 push ups in in 12 mins! And almost two whole minutes of planks! (disclaimer of honesty: I used to be able to hit 60s plank minimum every time, but it's taken a hit recently) And 30 dumbbell rows! AND THINGS!

"My name SuNoYo(ias), queen of queens,

Look on my PRs, Rebels, and despair!"

:tongue:

That's enough poetic butchering for today.

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Ahem.

I PR'D FOUR THINGS!

Third BBWW was a no-go due to the sore arm, but it disappeared after stretches, so it was a good sore. Would still like more upper body/arm stretches though as I'm rather lacklustre when it comes to them I think.

But who cares? (Me . . . ) I did 30 push ups in in 12 mins! And almost two whole minutes of planks! (disclaimer of honesty: I used to be able to hit 60s plank minimum every time, but it's taken a hit recently) And 30 dumbbell rows! AND THINGS!

"My name SuNoYo(ias), queen of queens,

Look on my PRs, Rebels, and despair!"

:tongue:

That's enough poetic butchering for today.

Loved the story. Your cat should be part of the assasins here, she would fit right in. 

Well I'm really proud of you! Good job on the pushups and the planks, and maybe it's not your EVER personal record, but it still shows you're improving NOW and that's all you can do, right? Improve! 

Loved the story. Your cat should be part of the assasins here, she would fit right in. 

Well I'm really proud of you! Good job on the pushups and the planks, and maybe it's not your EVER personal record, but it still shows you're improving NOW and that's all you can do, right? Improve! 

She's a thief/assassin actually. High CHA, DEX, and INT; her dump stats are CON (autoimmune disease I'm afraid) STR. >.>

No, I didn't stat out my cat. Not entirely.

Yup! The improvements are pretty damn awesome, and if I keep working on it I'll PR all the things. That said the push up are a total PR. Back in secondary (age 11 - 16) I could barely manage two knee push ups, but well, I hardly cared about sport. Unless it was hockey or rounders. Mostly hockey. Nothing like sprinting the length of a pitch clutching a three foot weapon aiming for your enemy's shins (and coincidentally the ball). I was Right Wing or Right Inner. Always.

Strange how 'just running' and especially sprinting is typically loathed as part of the athletics section, but then you don't think anything of sprinting into an armed melee of teenaged girls to get a ball.

Awesome PR's!  And I'm really glad your Tai chi class went so well.  Look at you, being all social and stuff. 

I know!

Mini-update!

Day Sixteen/Week Three, Day Three/Wed

Meals

Notes:

Lunch: ~20g Coco Pops. Water. Meds.

Notes: Couldn't stand the thought of eating lunch today, so I gave m'lunch to someone else. This is basically a snack meal.

Dinner: Sausage salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese). Water. Meds.

Notes: We're all getting bored of our meals, hence the change.

Snacks: Walnuts.

Progress: 50% Paeleo; 100% eating three times a day.

However, I did impulse buy a bag of Milky Bar white chocolate buttons. Haven't eaten them yet. Time to offload the impulse buy on someone else.

Exercise

Woke up with no pains whatsoever. Cool. Looks like a thorough stretch routine is the best routine even if it takes as long as your main workout.

Aside from that, I just did the usual walkies.

Have, however, been struck by the odd urge to do random sets of push ups, squats and so on. Didn't do any today because . . .

Tomorrow I will likely be walking between seven and ten miles and doing my BBWW and doing The Dreaded Focus Group and making some enquiries about additional piercings (I already have six) or a tattoo. And possibly getting my hair cut. And possibly dropping off resumes. And dining out alone for the first time in . . . oh two or three years.

I'm going to be knackered tomorrow. That said if I still feeling the overwhelming urge to do other things I may well do.

Wish me luck!

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

DAMN GIRL! 

I haven't been on in a little while and I've been catching up on your stuff. GREAT JOB!

I'm so excited about your progress! It makes me more motivated to do better with my goals >.< DAMN GIRL lol

Anyway, other than you toning up and probably being a badass... I am loving the progress you are making with your social skills. I can't wait to see how far you go with this! 

STR 0 ¦ DEX 0 ¦ STA 0 ¦ CON 0 ¦ WIS 0 ¦ CHA 0

----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get easier, you just get better. 

She's a thief/assassin actually. High CHA, DEX, and INT; her dump stats are CON (autoimmune disease I'm afraid) STR. >.>

No, I didn't stat out my cat. Not entirely.

Woke up with no pains whatsoever. Cool. Looks like a thorough stretch routine is the best routine even if it takes as long as your main workout.

Aside from that, I just did the usual walkies.

Haha, awesome that you gave your cat stats. I didn't even give myself stats hmm will need to think about that. 

Good to know you woke up feeling better! 

DAMN GIRL! 

I haven't been on in a little while and I've been catching up on your stuff. GREAT JOB!

I'm so excited about your progress! It makes me more motivated to do better with my goals >.< DAMN GIRL lol

Anyway, other than you toning up and probably being a badass... I am loving the progress you are making with your social skills. I can't wait to see how far you go with this! 

Hey, you're doing really well too! No selling yourself short allowed. And as for being a badass, I required extra sleep this morning (it's cold and grey outside and raining and I'm an insomniac who doesn't usually sleep until four or five (though it's been getting better)) so instead of spending upwards of five hours wandering around a city on my lonesome I'm cutting it short quite a bit.

Laziness is lazy. :P But warm beds are so tempting! No regrets.

Haha, awesome that you gave your cat stats. I didn't even give myself stats hmm will need to think about that. 

Good to know you woke up feeling better! 

Eh, I play Star Wars D6 and have dabbled in other tabletop RPGs rather heavily; statting is semi-second nature to me. As for your stats . . . high DEX (though an unknown amount of those points will be gained at the end of the SWC) and WIS, mid-high STR, INT and INT, average CON. But that's going from what I've read on your challenge thread and just from your general posts.

Yep! Good pain, bad pain right? If it lasts the night take it easy.

Weeee~

Guess who's up early suffering from nerves and about to leave to DO THINGS OF A SOCIAL NATURE! BYE EVERYONE! HERE'S HOPING I'M AWAKE ENOUGH AND NOT-EXHAUSTED SO I CAN BBWW AND POST HERE. I hate travelling.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Day God Knows/Week Three, Day Four/Thu

Meals

Due to timing and things my meals were smallish and close together. Also somewhat snacky. Evaluation to follow.

Brekkie: ~20g Coco Pops. Water. Meds. (had about 11)

Notes: *sigh*

Lunch: Veggie stew - potato, carrot, turnip, onion. Water. Meds. (had about 2:45)

Notes: Was originally £2 but because I bought it around quarter to three it was mostly broth, so I got it half price. It was a very full cup (it spilled itself all over my bag with new clothes in!) and though rather bland it was filling. Probably left about half the broth/cup because I wasn't hungry. Also thanks to the spill I was eating it next to a wheelie bin while wearing a semi-scruffy waterproof with several bags on the floor. And at one point I was witnessed popping pills. They probably thought I was a homeless drug addict or something.

Dinner: chicken breast burger (minus bun) with salad, served with a side of salad. Water. Lemonade. Meds. And of course the salad was only three cherry tomatoes, maybe two and a half slices of cucumber and two or three types of lettuce in a bowl. (had at around 5)

Notes: It was cheaper if I ordered a fizzy pop. So I did. It saved me a pound.

Snacks: Went into a health food shop and bought two 'protein bombs' - coconut, macademia and whey protein - because they were on deal. 80g total - one quarter of which was protein. (had one at sixish and one at eightish)

Notes: God God were they difficult to break into smaller pieces. Ver' tasty though. And ver' expensive.

Progress: 75% Paeleo! Woo!

As for the smaller meals, closer together thing . . . I don't know? Each meal was filling in its own right, so I suppose I've learnt that I can eat smaller portions and still feel full, but the hassle involving eating around my travel and meeting was just annoying. I was extremely tempted to skip lunch and just eat dinner.

Exercise

I walked ~4.5 miles to and from the station.

I accidentally got off the wrong stop when going to the hospital, that's about ~1/4 a mile I think.

I probably walked 1.5 miles around the city in general; I did spend three hours there.

I walked a minimum of five and a half miles today, quite probably more but I wasn't actually paying attention to my walking. I may have walked around seven.

I may do a BBWW later, but I'm feeling really tired out mentally and just kind of exhausted.

Medical Thing

So I accidentally got off a stop early, but it gave me a chance to listen to more Queen songs and begin my power up. Good thing because even confirming where the meeting was being help (the lady on the phone used a nickname so I was only semi-sure of the place) I was twenty minutes early and it seemed like the entire building was entirely empty.

So I used the loos! :P

Nah, I found out where the room was and lurked uncomfortably until someone else showed up. Then we both lurked around in silence, though I was fairly comfortable by then, waiting. Didn't panic or anything. I even spoke first to the four people (one was a receptionist) who showed up before the room was opened.

Stuff, stuff, it may be confidential so I can't say.

But I was verbose, possibly even eloquent; though likely just garrulous. And I may have name dropped NF and MDA when talking semi-scornfully about how sucky my treatment advice went. And that I used Google to look things up and find things that worked (for me). And possibly created a tangent where it turned out that of the four interviewees all of us admitted to either Googling for better information or just working out how to manage things on our lonesome.

And because I had to leave early (one bus every two hours) my last statement aside from saying goodbyes and thanks and general pleasantries was: "Google should not be my doctor. And on that dramatic statement, I depart."

But I talked a lot and wasn't entirely terrified, though I was nervous enough (or fidgety enough) to accidentally spill some of my (wild berry) tea (it was purple!) on my top while nattering. I talk a lot when I'm nervous. Or confident. I think I either lead the group in talking about things or I monopolised it. I don't know. But I talked about personal things in front of strangers - even admitted to being genderqueer/fluid and not really all that fussed about female things - and found out that all of them, to some extent, managed their illness with non-GP/NHS things. Or blatantly defied their GP/specialist when they were being idiots.

But it's a good thing I aced the focus group mini-challenge because I bought things today! I bought myself a cheapie pair of trousers in size 16S because my black trousers are either miles too big or utterly broken - and they're still a little big at the waist; some hair dye (it was on sale for about 70p) and some things from Lush (well, one new thing, one replacement). I think I deserved it.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Eh, I play Star Wars D6 and have dabbled in other tabletop RPGs rather heavily; statting is semi-second nature to me. As for your stats . . . high DEX (though an unknown amount of those points will be gained at the end of the SWC) and WIS, mid-high STR, INT and INT, average CON. But that's going from what I've read on your challenge thread and just from your general posts.

I had to find the NerdFitness guide with all the stats explained because statting does not come natural to me. I don't feel very agile or strong though hmmm. Though it is true that with the climbing I'm mainly working on that. So relative to each other, I think you're right but I'm like "heh I would give myself HALF a point for this" because I feel like I'm a little noobie. (But an enthusiastic one :D )

Your food looks really good and I now feel like eating lots of chicken over a salad. Jumm! Really sucks that you spilled the stew all over your stuff, especially at an inconvenient place. Can't you eat while on a bus or something? So it's less inconvenient, or do you think that's inconvenient too? 

I had to find the NerdFitness guide with all the stats explained because statting does not come natural to me. I don't feel very agile or strong though hmmm. Though it is true that with the climbing I'm mainly working on that. So relative to each other, I think you're right but I'm like "heh I would give myself HALF a point for this" because I feel like I'm a little noobie. (But an enthusiastic one :D )

Your food looks really good and I now feel like eating lots of chicken over a salad. Jumm! Really sucks that you spilled the stew all over your stuff, especially at an inconvenient place. Can't you eat while on a bus or something? So it's less inconvenient, or do you think that's inconvenient too? 

Well you could always assign yourself two points for everything as a base (INT: 2; DEX: 2; STR: 2; WIS 2; CON 2) and then give yourself points as your progress, such as +2 to DEX for bouldering so well you made Most Wanted Assassin and +1 CON for exercising when you felt ill. This makes your base INT: 2; DEX: 4; STR: 2; WIS: 2; CON: 3). Bleh. Stat yourself if you want, don't if you don't.

Chicken and salad is very good! Chicken is good with virtually everything, I was tempted to go for piri piri chicken and pepper skewers, but I felt cheap and bugerish. I was lucky with the stew, managed to catch it before more than a few drips had made it inside the bag, and none had landed on my new trousers.

As for eating on the bus . . . technically you're not allowed to, although most people do, myself included. But I wasn't hungry for the first bus trip, had eaten dinner less than fifteen minutes before the second bus, and then ate my dessert/snack waiting for the meeting to start/third bus to arrive. I suppose it could be inconvenient though, especially if you were eating lunch that was bitty or sloppy because the roads aren't the best quality around here.

Great job on reaching 75% paleo! On the walking too!

Don't worry about what people think when you take your meds. You're doing a great job! Keep at it!

I wasn't really worried, more amused. And besides, I had to take them, so I'll continue eating my food besides convenient bins thank you very much.

Also: thanks!

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Maybe I do want to stat myself! I'm just too busy right now to really think it through but it really sounds fun! :P 

Technically you're not allowed to eat on the bus here, but if you eat something that doesn't make a mess it's usually not a problem! :) 

Maybe I do want to stat myself! I'm just too busy right now to really think it through but it really sounds fun! :tongue:

Technically you're not allowed to eat on the bus here, but if you eat something that doesn't make a mess it's usually not a problem! :)

Well you can do it in three weeks! Maybe ask the people who've known you longer and read your other threads for stat help? It is fun though and, for me at least, after a while I found myself statting people or saying if I do X I get [stat points]. Like . . . if I take my sister clothes shopping I say that this quest gives me a lot of XP and I can award myself 2 STA (patience, keeping my temper and the duration of such an event) and +1 CON/CHA (because taking her shopping is exhausting and stress-inducing, and dealing with her foibles and persuading her to actually buy/try on things takes a lot of skill and patience). Sitting an exam is worth a lot of INT, WIS, STA and CON (cramming, revising, neglecting to eat/do other things (I went to a very demanding university that is world renowned for high standards) and of course, learning all the material); obviously the amount of points I get is dependent on my results, but that's how I do things now.

And yes, that's pretty much the same here. I've only ever seen someone reprimanded for eating/drinking on a bus once, and that was because they had a lidless coffee cup and were standing. Safety y'know. That said, it should be a rule that if you eat on public transport you either take the rubbish with you (bus) or use the bins (trains) because some people are just lazy and inconsiderate (they lose XP, CHA and WIS).

Day God Knows/Week Three, Day Six/Sat

Ugh. I've been feeling sucky all day both tummy-wise and otherwise. Most of it I'll put down to walking two miles home in rain and having to expose my face to it; having both fully buttoned up and scarved myself (and I never wear scarves usually) I am inclined to put the headache and icky sinuses down more to that than anything. That and I overslept a bit. But my stomach was achey and off for most of the day. And I was gassy and, to quote myself, "really tired out mentally and just kind of exhausted" yesterday. And the trousers that were loose enough for me to fit two fingers down the waistband were a perfect fit today. Hello bloating, I see you.

Given that my stomach is not typically one for complaining without due cause and is tolerant of most foods, I'm not on and am not schedules to be for a few weeks this was a bit odd. Especially as I hadn't eaten anything I didn't usually, and while it was the first time I'd had lemonade in three weeks I don't think it would. Except in the case of my coconut and macademia protein bombs. I'd eaten macademia nuts once before, so I decided it probably wasn't the issue.

After Googling and finding the ingredients list I found that one of the major ingredients was whey protein; something I can't recall ever eating before. And while I can tolerate milk fine enough in porridge, white sauces and baked goods and the like, I was pretty sure this was the problem. Cue the Wikipedia article.

"Some people experience severe digestive issues following consumption of whey protein powder. These may include gas, bloating, cramps, tiredness, weakness, fatigue, headaches, and irritability. One of the possible causes is lactose intolerance after they ingest whey concentrate. Undigested protein in the colon will undergo bacterial fermentation which leads to the production of, among other things, gas and fatty acids."

Oh, I wonder what I might not be able to tolerate. And in hindsight my bitchiness last night, the bitchiness that was commented on by my parents as being bitchier than usual for a post-travel and post-long day SuNoYo was a bit much even for me may have been related to this. Especially as today I've been pretty mellow.

Having done some reading (though mostly on Wikipedia) and my own history I think I may be mildly lactose intolerant (is there such a thing as being whey intolerant?) or have become more sensitive to lactose in my diet.

Reasons:

- I've never been especially fond of milk as a drink or in cereal, but in porridge, baked good, sauces and so on I seem to have no real problems to my recollection. Except that I would usually have the runs/looser stools after eating porridge which, in this house, would involve about three quarters of a pint of milk for enough porridge for three.

- Not a single person in my entire extended family (around 100 people now) has ever been diagnosed with lactose intolerance or any form of food allergy except a mild nut allergy. Although I believe two or three are type 2 diabetics.

- After having been a lazy Paeleo eater for nearly two months I've had porridge once or twice. No runs, but I only added ~180ml milk.

- After having been lazily Paeleo for nearly two months I've almost completely removed any form of chocolate except dark chocolate out of my diet entirely (although getting an email from amazon telling me there was a 40% sale on most chocolates today was so tempting) and except for eating gateaux around Christmas and some pasties (a small amount of milk in the pastry) I don't believe I've eaten many products containing a noticeable amount of milk. Similarly, biscuits and what not are almost a no-show these days.

- I impulse bought some soy milk and drank most of the pint over two days. No runs or any strange symptoms.

- After one 'meal' containing something that's basically concentrated milk stuff (with a lot of beta-lactoglobulin in) I felt pretty awful

Conclusions:

A small amount of milk is okay, especially if mixed with things. However, after almost completely ditching milk and products obviously containing milk (cakes, biscuits and things) I have either:

- become more sensitive to the presence of lactose/milk in my diet

am allergic/intolerant of concentrated amounts of whey, as opposed to caseins

- am noticing the symptoms of very mild lactose-intolerance more often.

Given all of the above I think it's more likely that it's a combination. I'm more sensitive to it after almost completely cutting it out of my diet, especially as I'm living in a part of Europe where the vast majority of people are lactose persistent (only ~5 - 15% of the UK is lactose intolerant); this makes sense as none of my family show any problems with milk products at all, so the changes of my being lactose intolerant are very low. And I think it might be the whey that's been the issue the whole time.

I may experiment with this.

Anyway, I've felt awful most of the day and as such have only been able to do the following:

Exercise

Twenty minute walkies

Set One (time start: ~01:44)

20 knee push ups

30 prisoner squats

70s plank (both legs on ground)

40 mountain climbers (standing)

20 bent over dumbbell rows (7.5lb)

20 side lunges

(time end: ~01.54)

Cool down.

So um.

I literally PRd everything today.

I increased my two-legged plank by at least 10s. And it's about what I used to be able to plank.

I increased my knee push ups by 5.

I doubled my standing mountain climbers.

I increased my squats by 50%

I increased my dumbbell rows by five (and man did my weakling left arm start hurting by ten, and begin crying at fifteen)

I increased my lunges by eight.

Only the one set because I've felt like shit all day and now don't think I can safely do more. Or at least not any more arm exercises. That said, time to up the difficult of the BBWWs in general I think.

So . . . either the whey protein helped, or I was just particularly awesome, or I was annoyed by my dietary faux pas/pleased that I figured out a possible dietary problem. I may have underestimated my health and fitness too?

[The section enclosed by square brackets has been edited in at roughly 02:20.

Um. I think I have underestimated myself a lot. Because I read SilverRapier's latest update and well. S/he mentioned negative push ups, not knowing what those were I Googled them. And tried them.

So also:

2 negative push ups (though the first one was quite sloppy and half done)

Which is another PR.

So thank you ver' much dear! You made me push myself even on this sucky illness day!

Doesn't mean I'm doing more, my arms are actually shaky now. Also it's late.]

Meals

Brekkie: ~20g (though I migh be overestimating it; it's actually just two or three handfuls) of Coco Pops. Water. Meds.

Notes:

Lunch: Roast chicken salad sandwich with lemon and chive mayonnaise (see what I mean about a little bit being okay?) and salad. Water. Meds.

Notes: Bread was eaten because of Dad. Felt stodgy. Stupid guilt.

Dinner: Beef stew (potato, carrot, cooked with turnip and onion but mostly removed half way through because mum hates them both). Water. Meds.

Notes: Mum makes the best stew, and it was extra meaty and thick today. Also I had noticeably less potatoes than usual and a lot more meat; I love my mum.

Snacks: None.

Notes:

Progress: Two meals were full Paeleo; one was half Paeleo; one was not at all Paeleo. Um. 60% Paeleo?

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines