Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Yay for a good day! So many squats!!

Not that many really! Only 20 or so! 

Woohoo for counting. Looks like good calorie and protein numbers. I think we counter haters should get an automatic 25 point constitution bonus when we make ourselves keep track. And then we should force spread sheet lovers to not count for a month :playful:

Absolutely, I second this! Too bad Wolvy isn't here anymore, then we could have a chaossasin debate on his thread..

This was also my reaction :tongue:

Haha!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl gets her bujo back

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Tuesday 28-01 (day 2, week 4)

It was a pretty good day, I got some important school work done and cooked a big batch of stamppot (potatoes with kale, all mashed up) and ham, chicken and sausage. Nomnomnom. Training was also good- pushed at some mental boundaries with those long sets. I did the tracking and I actually really don't want to post it here because I overate... but lets just say I tracked (rubbed it in my own face) and that at least is a good thing. Calories 2441, protein 119 grams.

warming up: long session of stretching, mobility and activation 'cause I was sore.

active hangs: 5x 3seconds

kb snatch: 7 minutes, single switch with 12kg (oh the pain)

kb snatch: 5 minutes, multi switch with 16kg 

double kb black longcycle: 3 minutes with 2x10kg

chinup negatives: 4

messing around: practicing somersaults and handstands

Again no training clip because I left my phone at home :/ So instead here is a video of one of our trainers messing about;

You can see my kb class in the background xD

Mmm, that is some good sounding food! Good for you for tracking in the face of disappointment.. it really is the first step to getting things sorted, if you're not happy with how you're eating. Yay for lots of protein though!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Stamppot is amazing! Yummm! And good job on challenging yourself mentally KBgirl! Most of the time it's your head holding you back, not your body. :)

Stamppot sounds a lot like colcannon, which is just amazing, and sounds like it would be perfect for endurance training days. Yowch at 7 minutes of snatches with only one switch! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Great workout! I agree with Lilith about the mental thing. Sometimes it's just your mind holding you back while your body would be just fine doing it.

Good thing you started tracking again. Even though you didn't follow your rules at least you're not lying to yourself about it :D that's why I keep a food journal, it's way to easy to blame everyone and everything but yourself.

Nice video! You have quite some eye candy working out at your gym, yet another reason to visit :D

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Hey hey! Congratulations!!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DARK MENTOR!! You've earned it, KB Girl!

Also you now have a new sales pitch! :P

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I missed the last couple of week of your thread. It took a long time to catch up. You're so popular!

I'd go for a 12kg. I'll do a beginners tutorial when I finish my current school project :)

I can probably do that. I was using 30-35 lbs for swings the only time I ever used KBs. I look forward to the tutorial. :)

Good job putting yourself out there and good luck on the workshop!

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Thanks everyone! That's awesome :) Dark mentor. I like it!

For all the workshop related matters and all the hard work you are giving to it, you made it to the Most wanted list :) Congratulation!

kbgirl_wanted.jpg

Thanks Nuala :) I'll try to live up to it o/

Great workout! I agree with Lilith about the mental thing. Sometimes it's just your mind holding you back while your body would be just fine doing it.
Good thing you started tracking again. Even though you didn't follow your rules at least you're not lying to yourself about it :D that's why I keep a food journal, it's way to easy to blame everyone and everything but yourself.
Nice video! You have quite some eye candy working out at your gym, yet another reason to visit :D

Absolutely, a lot of times training is just convincing your head it'll be alright, haha.

The tracking isn't easy when I know I'm not being 'good' but you're right, at least i'm not lying to myself about it.

(if you come, i'll make all the guys take their shirts off, promiss)

Stamppot sounds a lot like colcannon, which is just amazing, and sounds like it would be perfect for endurance training days. Yowch at 7 minutes of snatches with only one switch! 

It is! One switch just makes it a whole different game.. 

Stamppot is amazing! Yummm! And good job on challenging yourself mentally KBgirl! Most of the time it's your head holding you back, not your body. :)

That's the truth!

Mmm, that is some good sounding food! Good for you for tracking in the face of disappointment.. it really is the first step to getting things sorted, if you're not happy with how you're eating. Yay for lots of protein though!

Yea I got the protein thing sorted! It's much easier when you're overeating anyway, heh..

Woot woot! Well done you!

*cheers* Well deserved! 

Congratulations!

Hey hey! Congratulations!!

Congrats on the Most Wanted! Dark Mentor indeed!

Congrats! :)

Thank you all! Warm fuzzy feels <3

I can probably do that. I was using 30-35 lbs for swings the only time I ever used KBs. I look forward to the tutorial. :)

Good job putting yourself out there and good luck on the workshop!

Working on it! I'll probably have to race to make the deadline, but it's coming along. 

Ha, I like Red's suggestion! 'Train with the Dark Mentor' has a nice ring to it, though for the proper effect, you may want to add a hood to your picture...

Hood... yes :D Alright, in black right? I'll get on it!

Soo, after three hours on the train all I really want to do is fall asleep. How can sitting for 3 hours be so tiring? 

Update time.

Wednesday 29-01 (day 3, week 4)

It was a rest day, spend some extra time with the dog in the cold after the boyfriend and I went shopping for a new winter coat. It's so nice and warm I actually dread going outside a lot less! In the evening I visited a friend and had some wine so... umm calories still not so good. But I relearned how to ride my bike without hands so I could stick em in my pockets to prevent them freezing off!

Calories: 2972  :orange:, Protein: 183grams

Thursday 30-01 (day 4, week 4)

Spend most of the day at the gym because we had a meeting with all trainers. We're putting together a sort of ranking system for our members, with skills/goals they can cross off a list to help with figuring out what kinda stuff to aim for. It was fun, but really quite cold the whole time- so I was very stiff. I had intended to workout before classes started but it had gotten too late. 

After vacuuming and teaching my first class (doing the warming up along with them) I was feeling a lot less stiff and much more up for some work, so I joined the class my bf taught. 

Foodwise, getting back on track. Calories: 2023, Protein: 114grams.

warming up: lots of squatting, hip mobility

walking lunges: too many

front squat: 5x30kg, 5x40kg, 3x50kg, 1x60kg, 1x65kg (last one is a PR)

active hangs: 10x 4 seconds

bodyweight rows: 2x5

pushups: 4x5

kb half snatch: 30 with 16kg

goblet squat: 40 with 16kg

chinup: one

'cause I'm slacking with the video i'll leave an older one here that i just uploaded; 

Was practicing my breathing aaand still turning my hand too far in. 

Oh that video is really helpful. Thanks for posting it. How heavy are the bells you're swinging there?

Congratulations on the most wanted! You deserve it. :)

I know what you mean about the cold. It's brutal. Good job on the food though! And wine is good for you, right? So those calories don't count. :)

ETA: Oh oh! And congrats on the PR! That's awesome!

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

Great workout! I envy you all those squats :D 65kg is very impressive! Isn't that close to your own weight?

I never could ride a bike without hands...I'm slowly turning green... :D

The tracking seems to be helping your numbers are getting better!

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines