Restaurants

Sukiyo151

I am traveling for interviews and having trouble finding food. I stocked up with some groceries, but salad and yogurt and going to get boring very fast and I'm in hotels for another week.

What restaurants have paleo food? I just changed to paleo and have only been happy with pho and a Chipotle salad with beef and guac.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 3 (Adventurer 2/Warrior 1)

8.5 STR | 2.0 DEX | 6.0 STA | 6.5 CON | 3.0 WIS | 3.0 CHA

Challenge: 1 2

Weightlifting log

I've been known to go to Mexican burrito places - in Australia, they'll do a burrito in a bowl, rather than in a wrap.  If you order a fajita, that's veg instead of ...(the rice, I think?), and then just ask for no beans, and make your own choices about sour cream and cheese depending on your particular version.

My usual MO is to walk down the street with all the restaurants and look at the menus they display out the front; that will let you know if they have Paleo stuff.

Tapas bars can also be your friend; if you get one that's a good price, you'll have heaps of menu options that work.

Good luck!

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Where I come from, a lot of sandwich places will make a sandwich in a lettuce wrap for you, or give you your burger on a lettuce 'bun' (but you usually have to ask for it specifically!). Depending on your weight loss goals (if you have any), fruit and nuts make AWESOME portable snacks. 

If you're going to any sit-down restaurants, there are often dishes that include a protein/meat, a carb side dish and vegetables. If I get that kind of opportunity, I often ask to do without the side dish and ask for extra veggies instead. That way, I get more bang for my buck (and a fuller belly!) than if I simply pick around what I don't want to eat.

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Just ask for food on a plate no bun. At restaurants, get broiled fish or chicken w extra veg. If something comes with grains as a side, I ask for extra veg. Plain.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I am traveling for interviews and having trouble finding food. I stocked up with some groceries, but salad and yogurt and going to get boring very fast and I'm in hotels for another week.

What restaurants have paleo food? I just changed to paleo and have only been happy with pho and a Chipotle salad with beef and guac.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd suggest not stressing TOO much - unless you have gluten issues or the like, strive to do your best, and don't be at yourself up for not being "perfect".

A few other thoughts:

• Many Chinese take-out places will do steamed, non-breaded chicken/seafood and veggies, and put the rice and sauce on the side(this is actually a standard menu item at a place near where I work)
  • Panera Bread has a "Hidden Menu" (google it) that incldues several very Paleo offerings.  Some of their soups and salads may also fit the bill if you get them minus bread crumbs/croutons
  • Lots of places have salads - obviously you'd pass on the croutons and/or get dressing on the side
  • Lots of places have steak, and you can usually get veggies instead of whatever potato/french fry offerings they have.  If you're worried about the type of oil it's cooked in however, this becomes a little trickier.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Thank you all!

Yeah, I want to eat healthy oil, but I know it's impossible out.

I got a burger with guac and no bun yesterday.

I got a Panera bowl a few days ago and it was pretty lame. The whole thing was cold. The avocado was not even close to ripe. Meh...

Level 3 (Adventurer 2/Warrior 1)

8.5 STR | 2.0 DEX | 6.0 STA | 6.5 CON | 3.0 WIS | 3.0 CHA

Challenge: 1 2

Weightlifting log

Salad w steak or chicken breast. Steak or chicken with veggies on the side. Baked fish with veggies. Even a burger with guac, egg or bacon, no bun.

Hack the menu!!!!

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

Eating out for a Lactose/Gluten intolerant person is hard so going Paleo was no problem because I already have the problems solved. I live in a small town in the middle of no where and have few choices eating out here. We used to have a Mexican resturant that just could not get my order correct so I just never went back! When I go to the BIG CITY I have no problem however. My fav place to go for a beef or turkey burger is Hardys who are very willing to wrap in a lettuce leaf and I get a side salad. Any large resturant is very easy because I just go simple everytime. I always hate to look at the menus because most everything is covered with sauces and cheese. I do miss cheese!! Oh well maybe in my next life.