Eve says yes

I am Eve

Tuesday

My workout yesterday and today has been dragging heavy suitcases. I am moving, from my furnished basement to a normal furnished flat and I am very pleased. And tired!

Still went to the lecture that we have at work on Tuesday evenings and then came to the new place to get settled. I've been working here for a few hours and am very satisfied. And tired. Time to go to the old place, pack the last stuff and then tomorrow start cleaning ;-)

• Like 1

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Great week so far, moving (and cleaning of old apt) is finished. I moved from a basement apartment which was a great choice when apartments were hard to get during the fall. Now I am in a smaller but more modern apartment which I rent through the clinic where I work. I really like it.

Today I held a lecture for the first time in 2,5 years. It was so much fun and I was really excited before and pleased after. Now on the train home to my partner again for some skiing and rest. Managed to do half of on online course that needs to be finished in a week, and now hanging out here for a while.

My consciousness for the week: conscious choices balancing what I HAVE TO do and what are my healthiest choices (regarding food, rest, etc). I have been tired from the moving so my reasoning and choices have sometimes been difficult but I have focused on good choices. Difficult.

My choices have had the consequence that I have not been so present here unfortunately, but I am working on it  :playful:

And so I'm on the train again, heavyhearted and sad. Every time I leave it feels a little bit more difficult. And that's the way my life is at the moment, I have to deal with commuter's blues.

On the positive side I managed to ski twice this weekend. Today the weather was not so great and when I arrived at my usual place there was some kind of competition going on so I couldn't ski. Now comes the good part. Even though I felt lazy and tired I looked up another place (kind of far away) and made my way there. A lot of pole training took place and I was so proud of myself after!

Now I'll come visit you all ....(I plan to at least, let's hope the internet stays stabile on the train)

Laaate summary of week three.

Oh my I am not setting a good example at all am I?!

But I am human, and I am trying.

So.

Week three.

It sucked.

I dragged myself out of bed in the morning and just focused on making it work. Tired and stressed.

The numbers

Yoga

Twice one hour, oh how I need those sessions. It is really interesting how good they are for me even if I don't feel motivated as I start.

5 shorter sessions so 7/7 achieved

Running/skiing/poling

FINALLY there is enough snow and I managed 6 k's on the Saturday and 9 on the Sunday.

This includes 40 and 60 minutes of workout including the poling. Also managed a long bike ride during the week.

Studying

One lecture and then I also prepared a lecture of my own. Not sure how to grade it but feel very pleased about myself.

Loving acts

This was a hard week. It started by me getting the word that my wedding ring hadn't been ordered the way I thought it had so even though we started this planning in October it was pretty much chaos! I needed to try on the measurements again and that included a long unplanned bike ride not to mention all the stress. Also - my previous boss is still making my life miserable by not lengthening my leave of absence and now I need to start a whole new plan.

So, I tried to be loving and realizing I wouldn't have energy to cook I ate out at two occasions (which also almost prevented me from buying comfort food). Also I needed to use "tough love" to pull myself together and solve problems even though I just wanted to call in sick and hide behind the covers….

Tough week, and I pulled through.

I'm sorry to hear that your Week 3 sucked...and even sorrier to hear about your wedding ring chaos!  I love that you still plugged through and made it even if you wanted to hide in the covers.  I'm a firm believer that the more things suck - the more I need to stick with my program, otherwise all hell breaks loose and I feel twice as bad.  Even though hiding in the covers is sometimes the ONLY thing I want to do!  :)

Hope these next two weeks are better! 

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I'm sorry to hear that your Week 3 sucked...and even sorrier to hear about your wedding ring chaos! I love that you still plugged through and made it even if you wanted to hide in the covers. I'm a firm believer that the more things suck - the more I need to stick with my program, otherwise all hell breaks loose and I feel twice as bad. Even though hiding in the covers is sometimes the ONLY thing I want to do! :)

Yay for sticking with the program, that really works!!!!

Just finished about 10 k's skiing, slow and sweaty and SWEET. Week 4 update is coming and week 5 has been hectic but good.

I'm sorry to hear that your Week 3 sucked...and even sorrier to hear about your wedding ring chaos! I love that you still plugged through and made it even if you wanted to hide in the covers. I'm a firm believer that the more things suck - the more I need to stick with my program, otherwise all hell breaks loose and I feel twice as bad. Even though hiding in the covers is sometimes the ONLY thing I want to do! :)

Yay for sticking with the program, that really works!!!!

Just finished about 10 k's skiing, slow and sweaty and SWEET. Week 4 update is coming and week 5 has been hectic but good.

Laate summary of week 4

Right now in the middle of very hectic wedding preparations complicated by an exwife who is having a meltdown and is trying to turn the kids against us (at the moment very successfully)

Yoga

One long session and six short ones. Less than I really needed

Studies

More than twice including preparing and holding my first lecture in over two years

Loving acts

I allowed myself to share with colleagues at work how rude my former boss at my old workplace still is to me. Felt better after.

One of my workdays was quite calm, I allowed it to stay calm and didn't fill it with "musts"

One day I allowed myself a spontaneous dinner with a friend because that's what I needed

Workout

Skiing twice

Walked seven flights of stairs...

This was moving week at the same time as I was working every day

Strenuous.

A spontaneous dinner with a good friend is very refreshing for the soul!

Hope you get to relax and have a breather soon! 

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I hope u got nice last two weeks Eve !!!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Congratulations and sending you loving thoughts.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Finally, and as the nerd I am, I start with trying to finish this thread.

Week 5

Yoga

One long and 6 short sessions,and many more! Maybe that's what I need right now

Studies

Yes! An E learning course and a full day of practical stuff on ultrasound

Loving acts

Seeing to that I can do yoga or go for a walk when I get stressed

We prioritized dinner with friends even though we were stressed with all the things we had to do this weekend

I made sure that I took breaks and got rest during the week

Workout

Skiing only once, weather sucked

Walking and biking.

More to come

So week 6 arrived, and it started with two frantic days trying to tie everything regarding wedingplanning together. We put pretty much everything else aside and in retrospect that was a good decision. From Tuesday evening on we started to enjoy ourselves and were amazed that a decision to get married could affect us so much - we have been together for ten years. We disappeared into  happy place!!

The weekend spent with family and friends was nothing short of fantastic.

Then week seven I finally did my thirty kilometer race. The conditions were awful but I pulled through.

Yoga: I did a little on all days and really think that was what kept me sane throughout the wedding week.

Skiing: none

Studying: none

Still, a total win :-)))

• Like 2

Summary late as ever but nevertheless I want to do it

I am appalled at myself, this time I forgot to add grading! This time it will be done after. Hmmmm

Yoga

Aim was every day and three one hour sessions per week

Result:

26 short sessions and 9 (18) one hour sessions. Total 35 (42)

Grade C+

Loving acts towards myself

Aim 3 times per week

They have been of varying nature and sometimes it has been "tough love": doing what I knew was good for me instead of just felt good...

Twenty occasions (18)

Grade A

Studying

16 occasions at least (14) Aiming at twice per week.

Exceeded, AND lectured

Grade A

Workout

Running/skiing twice per week and arm strength 1-3 times

So - little snow and lots of stress>

I still managed the race:-))

Skiing/running 6-7 times

Armstrength 3 times

Grade D or E or A: I managed the race…….

All in all: B or C, and the best weeks of my life around the end with a wonderful wedding and skiing competition.

• Like 1

congratulations on the WEDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21882_autogenerated_1363104540.jpg

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines