Trying to get back in shape after 8 years off.

The photo I chose for my profile is from April of 2006. I quit lifting shortly after that picture was taken. My goal after 8 years off is to get back close to this image. I am 51 years old in the picture and that makes me almost 59 now. I like what I see on this site so I plan to stick around and see what I can learn from everyone else here, especially older guys who are working to get back in shape. BTW, my name is Steve. Hello everyone!

I am very encouraged by what I read here and the people that belong to this blog. Frankly, I was expecting to get flamed for the picture I used. Nice to see that I wasn't (so far). :-)

So far, I've dropped 10 pounds after 8 weeks in the gym and my lifts are going up. My waist is down 4 inches which is the best indicator that I am on the right track. 

I've switched to a mostly Paleo diet along with a Leangainers protocol. I'm now getting used to lifting in a fasted state which is interesting. Ordered some BCAAs to take before I train.

Enough for now.

Steve