• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeslieS44

Bfast on the go?

I'm just starting Paleo eating today, but what I'm thinking about with a REALLY busy week coming up is that I don't have time to stand around cooking an omlet in the morning. I have some hard boiled eggs (HBEs) that are ready to go, and I have a bunch of fruit, but I know from experience that if I eat HBEs every day for an extended period of time I will get to a point where if I eat another one, I will be sick. It has happened (military training, last fall).

My go-to fast bfast pre-paleo was always a whole grain english muffin with PB and J...none of those items are paleo (sadly because I love PB, that might have to be a cheat item for me)

Any suggestions BESIDES HBEs for bfasts on the go for paleo eaters? Thanks!

Egg monster

Basically an egg casserole. If you batch cook over the weekends, one batch will last the week. Just slide and eat as needed. You can vary the ingredients/veggies ass well. It's my usual go to meal when I can't cook. 

Also batch cook anything over the weekend. Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional foods. I have had chicken stir fry left overs, or curries before for breakfast. 

Sometimes I make bacon and egg rings, take a cupcake tin and put bacon wrapped around the inside of the holes then crack and egg into it and bake.  They are easy because you can cook a dozen of them and then store them for later breakfasts during the week.  I just throw them in the oven and do some other things I need to then grab them and eat on the way out the door if in a hurry.  If you prefer scrambled you can do that too, scramble the egg and add seasonings or veggies to it and then pour it into the bacon wrapper and bake.  

Another easy breakfast I do a lot is almonds and raisins, not really any prep involved, If I have no time for anything or I forget to make breakfast I will have a handful of each for my breakfast.  They were both some of my favorite snacks before I went paleo so this is actually one of my favorite breakfasts lol.  

Have you tried Almond or Cashew butter?  They are pretty similar to PB but they are paleo, some apples dipped in almond butter is pretty delicious.  

Do you have a blender? An easy thing to do when you have time for food prep is to put a smoothie's worth of ingredients in plastic bags (one bag per smoothie), and stick them in the freezer. Something along the lines of berries/banana, dark leafy greens (spinach and kale freeze and blend well!), coconut oil/nut butters, protein powders if you're so inclined... That way in the morning, put some water/almond milk in a blender, tip in the contents of a bag, blend and toss in a tumblr. Ta-da!

This is my go-to when my stomach shudders at the thought of any more eggs. ;)

I cook a batch of scrambled eggs and microwave what I want each morning. Other things I do are frittatas (quiche without crust) which reheat well.

I wouldn't eat dried fruit (raisins) regularly as they have a lot of fructose. Fresh whole fruit is better, and low fructose fruit is even better (lemon, lime, apricot, cranberry, clementine, deglet noor dates, nectarine, plum, tangerine, grapefruit, peach, rasberry, kiwi, navel oranges, blackberry, pineapple, cherry, strawberry).