Ahhh! My ears do that too and it's frankly one of the most annoying things. I don't know, I think it sounds like you are doing a great job of getting your workouts in despite work craziness and exhaustion. Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

I agree with Raptron, it was a good first week after Christmas break. My ears do that too. I think it is warm enough to skip ear protection and then they freeze, and my whole head hurts.

Thanks, ladies. But it's really hard to not be so hard on myself when I know I can and should be able to do better. Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased with how well my first week back went after really doing absolutely nothing for the entire month of December.

Also, I'm sorry you also have to deal with the cold ears of death. They aren't fun, especially when you think you're in the clear. That's when they decide to attack.

Week 1 Wrap Up:

Goal 1: TM bootcamp 3x - COMPLETE

Goal 2: Run 3x - 2/3 - coming back from doing nothing, this is not so bad.

Goal 3: Handstands 7x - 3/7 - Ugh, there is VAST room for improvement on this one! I've got to figure out when in the day would be the best to talk myself into spending 5 minutes practicing without it interfering with other activities I am also building into habits.

Life: Purge - started gathering clothes to donate/get rid of

Not awesome, but not bad. I consider this week a success based on the whole I came back from doing nothing and even though I was literally sore ALL WEEK, of the larger goals, I completed most of them. Win.

This is going to be a boring update.

Friday: Lack of sleep is not good pre-TM bootcamp workouts. That was crappy. I felt like death, but I did it.

Saturday: Yay! Winter League! BFGazer was able to play this weekend, too, so that was fun. We had no women subs, so I played every point of our 2 games. Huzzah! It felt so much better than last week. Clearly exercising all week made a huge difference :)

Sunday: 2 hours of pickup ultimate and a 3.4 mile run (goal was 3 miles). It was slower than it should have been, but it was also after playing frisbee instead of before. So I'll take my 10:46 miles and I'll go faster next time.

Monday: More sleep = much better TM bootcamp. It still kicked my ass, but man did it feel better than Friday!

Tuesday: No motivation to get out of bed, so I'm glad I got out and ran. My speed work distance was just under a mile and came in at about 9 minutes/mile. So there is promise for me moving faster. Woo! Too bad I only did about half the distance that I wanted to do. I'm trying not to focus on that and instead focus on the part where I went 100% farther than I did last Tuesday. Thursday I'll go closer to 2 miles. I WILL.

Got in 5 workouts in a week after not doing anything for a month? I'd call that a pretty dang good week. Assuming a similar rate of improvement, you'll be up to 30 workouts per week by the end of the challenge. ;)

And I feel like speed work is better when you don't go as far, since you can run faster. And that's the point of speed work. Unless you did it in spurts, in which case feel free to ignore me. Or just ignore me for the heck of it. I won't mind. :)

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

How did week 3 go?

To put it bluntly? Not well.

I'm still working on determining more reasonable goals given just how stressed I've been with work and just how little time that leaves me when I also account for wanting a good night's sleep.

In the meantime, I was at 4T over the weekend and it was the BEST. All those nerds, all that awesome with PRs all over the place. All that fun, food, awesome, and everything. Go thankful that I was able to go, that BigM was such a good host, and that some of the other nerds were so willing to take on responsibilities with cooking, cleaning, and making sure that everyone was having a good time.

Now it's back to reality and once again trying to finish re-evaluating so that I can have reasonable goals to strive toward for the second half of this challenge. Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll update you all when I've got it figured out...

• Like 1

I am also thankful you were able to go and sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you! Good luck figuring out your new goals -- you know we're a great sounding board for ideas and brainstorms if you need us. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Good luck!

I'm jealous of your fancy title. I'm sure it will help you to nail the next challenge. ;)

I'm going to need to really think on goals... since I might be banned from running for most of the next challenge. Apparently when I went for a run a couple of weeks ago and my foot started hurting it was because I've now got a stress fracture.

Grumble grumble

I am SO grumpy-pants right now.

I'm going to need to really think on goals... since I might be banned from running for most of the next challenge. Apparently when I went for a run a couple of weeks ago and my foot started hurting it was because I've now got a stress fracture.

Grumble grumble

I am SO grumpy-pants right now.

Ouch. I thought I had a stress fracture once, but it turned out it was just a strain. It still sucked because I was just getting into running and I couldn't run for 2 or 3 months.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Stress fractures are the worst! Take it easy on that guy. 

I totally understand the injury-grumps as well. /hug

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ah man that sucks :( I'm sorry about that, injuries are terrible!

****This is a semi-automatic message from your prehistoric guild leader****

End of the challenge! Time to report.

This time, to be eligible for the most wanted list of the challenge, to allow us to have more data about the guild and many other good reasons, the most important being: you don't want to make your Robot guild leader cry (She's a devilish one for forms) please report a summary of your challenge wrap-up in this online form:

It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes of your time, but it would save us a lot! As Usual, you can also write a more detailed report in the Challenge wrap-up thread:

And in your own thread. Thanks for your time!

****This was a semi-automatic message from your prehistoric guild leader*****

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope you can still find something challenging for the next ... challenge.

How are the handstands going?

Are you still on for the tough mudder? I just looked that up and it looks awesome. Brutal but awesome!

Challenges 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17

Instagram photos of daily life

Battle Log

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" ~ Carl Jung

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines