NeutralGoodPirate: Sailing for adventure!

Hello fellow adventurers! This is my second challenge and I am raring to go after Christmas and New year.

Main quest:

Reduce body fat percentage to 15 or lower.

As 15% is generally considered the optimal training body fat for men; this is my target. I will post my starting statistics tomorrow morning once the challenge has officially started. I will also post my statistics at the end of every week.

Goals:

Workout a minimum of 5 days every week. (3 STA, 1 STR and 1 DEX)

I will be doing the beginner bodyweight workout and interval running on alternating days as well as the occasional Dodgeball session.

Grading: A- 5+. B- 4+. C- 3+. 2+ . F- Less than 2 days.

Eat Paleo. (3 CON and 2 WIS)

Good goal if I want to lose fat. Also, nutrition was my weakest point on the last challenge so I'll be gunning for an A grade this time.

Grading: A- 80%. B- 70%. C- 60%. D- 50%. F- Lower than 50%

Join a health/fitness related club that I have no previous experience in. (2 CHA)

I want to try something new and be adventurous! As this goal will involve more exercise, it will aid me in my main quest.

Grading: A- Joined a club. B- Tried a new club but no commitment made. C- Found out about a good club in my area. D- Did a little research on clubs in my area. F- Did nothing.

Life quest:

Dedicate a minimum of 15 hours a week to finding work. (2 WIS and 1 CHA)

The contract at my last job ended two weeks ago. I'm unemployed and I don't like it. I have gotten lazy in the past while looking for work and I was very lucky to get my last job. I will earn it this time.

Grading: A- 15+. B- 12.5+. C- 10+. D- 7.5+. F- Less than 7.5.

I look forward to taking this quest on with my new (first ever) guild-mates.

Adventure!

Pip-Boy read-out: Level 3 Sentinel:  S(STR)- 3 | P(CON)- 6 | E(STA)- 7 | C(CHA)- 6.5 | I(WIS)- 8 | A(DEX)- 4.5 | L(LUC)

Scratched on the case are the words- "You don't need a reason to help people".

Ahoy!

How are you measuring fat % and do you know your current number?

I am lazy so I use Fitbit scale's fat % averaged over a week or so, which is about 16%.

In any rate, good goals, and let's get it done.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Day 1 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 191 lbs

Body fat %- 19

Thank you TennisGeek. I am using calipers to measure my body fat during this challenge.

Pip-Boy read-out: Level 3 Sentinel:  S(STR)- 3 | P(CON)- 6 | E(STA)- 7 | C(CHA)- 6.5 | I(WIS)- 8 | A(DEX)- 4.5 | L(LUC)

Wooo what goal did you change? And are you doing 100% paleo or a mix?

I added the B-D grades for my 'join a club' goal so it is no longer an all or nothing goal.

Also, I was planning on doing 90% paleo before, but have now reduced this to 80% as I barely managed 70% in my first challenge. Don't get me wrong though, I'll be aiming for 100%  :)

I added the B-D grades for my 'join a club' goal so it is no longer an all or nothing goal.

Also, I was planning on doing 90% paleo before, but have now reduced this to 80% as I barely managed 70% in my first challenge. Don't get me wrong though, I'll be aiming for 100%  :)

As long as you don't beat yourself up for 80%, aiming for 100% is great.

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

|STR 2| DEX 2| STA 1| CON 2| WIS 4| CHR 2|

Highest Weight: 303 Current Weight: 268.5

Twitter: Kim_Taura Skype: taureanfreak Email: taureanfreak@gmail.com

End of Week 1 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"
Weight- 183 lbs
Body fat %- 17

Workout a minimum of 5 days every week: 
Monday- None
Tuesday- 1 mile jogging and form practice for beginner bodyweight workout exercises
Wednesday- 1 mile jogging and form practice for beginner bodyweight workout exercises
Thursday- 1 mile jogging and form practice for beginner bodyweight workout exercises
Friday- 1 mile jogging and form practice for beginner bodyweight workout exercises
Saturday- None
Sunday- Dodgeball tournament

Starting off gently. I shall be upping the intensity next week. The Dodgeball tournament was good fun and my team (who had never played together before) managed to win a few games!

Eat Paleo:
95% Paleo. Didn't find this too difficult as I'm not currently working so I don't have to travel anywhere or go to work. I can just concentrate on my challenge.

Join a health/fitness related club that I have no previous experience in:
I have done some research on clubs in my area. I wanted to do a martial art or try a new sport and I'm in luck; there are tonnes of both.

Life quest: Dedicate a minimum of 15 hours a week to finding work:
I did just over 15 hours this week. Feeling optimistic about my chances of being employed by the end of this challenge!

Great start overall. I'm very pleasantly surprised by how my main quest is progressing.

Keep adventuring, friends!

Wow, talk about motivated and staying on track! You, sir, are an inspiration ;) 

Good luck getting another contract (or steady full time employment, whatever floats your boat) and keep up the great work, your "starting off gently" would have me wheezing and praying for mercy :D

Good luck on the next five weeks, rooting for ya!

Great start overall. I'm very pleasantly surprised by how my main quest is progressing.

Keep adventuring, friends!

Good work. Hope you can get a job soon.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

End of Week 2 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 179 lbs

Body fat %- 16

Monday- Dodgeball

Tuesday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Wednesday- Dodgeball

Thursday- None

Friday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Saturday- Interval training (Running)

Sunday- None

All good. I'll be looking to fill in some of those rest days soon but I hit my 5/5 for this week.

Eat Paleo:

95% Paleo. Close one as I'm staying with my Dad and step-mother this week. Favourite quotes: "I don't think it's right cutting out entire food groups" and "It's very weird isn't it". They have kind of accepted that I'm eating differently to them now so it's all good.

This is likely going to be a martial art. I'll try to decide on one by next week.

I did way over 20 hours this week.

Great week! The only thing I feel I'm neglecting is getting myself on this forum more often and supporting you guys. 

End of Week 3 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 177 lbs

Body fat %- 14

Monday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Tuesday- Interval training (Running)

Wednesday- Dodgeball

Thursday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Friday- None

Saturday- Interval training (Running)

Sunday- None

5/5 for workouts and I'll be gradually upping that intensity for the second half of this challenge.

Eat Paleo:

95% Paleo again. Seems to be a number that I can maintain pretty well.

My martial art has been chosen! I'll be going along to a local Shotokan Karate club this week.

I just about managed to get my 15 hours done this week but it feels like a lot more!

So, half way there and I have my main quest has already been completed. I'd say that makes this a successful week! 

End of Week 4 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 175 lbs

Body fat %- 14

My fat loss has dropped to a healthy amount per week now (2 lbs). It seemed a bit much losing 8 lbs in my first week!

Monday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Tuesday- Interval training (Running)

Wednesday- Dodgeball and beginner bodyweight circuits

Thursday- Interval training (Running)

Friday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Saturday- None

Sunday- Interval training (Running)

5/5 Starting to work harder and harder as I can feel myself improving every week.

Eat Paleo:

90% Paleo was eaten.

I had every intention of going to my first session at a Shotokan dojo and training there this week. I did not realise they would ask me to simply observe the training for my first session. It looked very impressive and I think I have chosen well. Therefore, this goal should be completed by the end of next week as I will have officially joined by then.

Got the 15 hours done, no problem. I have 2 interviews over the next 2 weeks. I think this goal is starting to pay off!

Awesome week and I feel as though the end is in sight!

End of Week 5 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 176 lbs

Body fat %- 13

Monday- Dodgeball League day

Wednesday- Interval training (Running)

Thursday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Friday- Interval training (Running)

Saturday- Beginner bodyweight circuits

Sunday- Interval training (Running)

5/5 Great week for working out as I got one in every day and can now get through 3 BBWW circuits without stopping! Also my team in this new local Dodgeball league did not drop a single game, so that's good too  :pirate:

Eat Paleo:

90% Paleo was eaten. I have put on one pound, but my body fat % has dropped.

Fail of the week. I got lost on my way to the club and did not want to show up late to my first session (bad first impression and everything) so I gave it a miss. Next week is my last chance to get an A in this goal.

Got the 15 hours done. I gave the best interview I have ever given but unfortunately did not get the job. I did get lots of practice for my next interview so I'm looking ahead to that.

Kind of a mixed week, but as always I'm staying positive! Let us finish strongly, Adventurers!

End of Week 6 statistics:

Height- 6' 3"

Weight- 180 lbs

Body fat %- 13

Monday- Dodgeball League day

Wednesday- DDP Yoga

Thursday- Karate training

Friday- Interval training (Running)

Saturday- Solo Karate training

Sunday-None

5/5 Gave DDP Yoga a try as I will be using it a lot in my next challenge.

Eat Paleo:

80% Not too bad. I went to a party with my old University friends and had planned in advance to let my nutrition slide by just the right amount.

Joined! Talk about leaving it to the last minute, but I have joined the Karate club and am very keen to go again this week.

Done. Gave another decent interview and am waiting to hear back from them this week.

Overall Grades:

Main quest:

Reduce body fat percentage to 15 or lower

Result: Currently 13%- Completed.

Goals:

Workout a minimum of 5 days every week. (3 STA, 1 STR and 1 DEX)

Grading: A- 5+. B- 4+. C- 3+. 2+ . F- Less than 2 days.

Result: 5/5 every week- A

Eat Paleo. (3 CON and 2 WIS)

Grading: A- 80%. B- 70%. C- 60%. D- 50%. F- Lower than 50%

Result: Over 80% every week- A

Join a health/fitness related club that I have no previous experience in. (2 CHA)

Grading: A- Joined a club. B- Tried a new club but no commitment made. C- Found out about a good club in my area. D- Did a little research on clubs in my area. F- Did nothing.

Result: Joined Karate Club- A

Life quest:

Dedicate a minimum of 15 hours a week to finding work. (2 WIS and 1 CHA)

Grading: A- 15+. B- 12.5+. C- 10+. D- 7.5+. F- Less than 7.5.

Result: Did a minimum of 15 hours a week- A

Mini Quests:

1- Completed (1 WIS)

2- Completed (1 CHA)

3- Completed (1 CON)

4- Completed (1 STA)

5- Completed (1 DEX)

6- Completed (1 CHA)

It's been a pleasure, Adventurers.  :pirate:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines