Curse of the Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Yay party tricks!!!

And PS: <3 the old LucasArts adventure games... maybe next time I'll do a DOTT challenge & take over the world!

purple_tentacle_print-r1565b328d28e411cb

YES! Circus people taking over the world, what could be better than that?

That's a good start! Hope you get settled in soon and find everything you need to become even more awesome!

Thanks! It's going to be a bit bumpy before I settle in but I'm not going to use that as an excuse this time!

I found that handstand-into-bridge is always a good party trick. My best friend could do that and at least the guys seemed to appreciate it. Might have also been that she was rather... uh. Gifted in the breast-department and handstands and bridges don't exactly hide that. :D

Why are you in a hotel? D: And where in Sweden are you right now?

Haha, so I should remember to not wear anything too low cut. :P But that's a good one, and I can actually do it, I'd just need to make it solid enough to do it anytime/anywhere/anystate. 

I'm in Stockholm, but I don't have anywhere to live and I don't have anyone close enough that I can crash at. :( It's just so hard getting a flat here!

Hatter is back! Subbing to watch ensuing craziness. Anyone taking bets on how long before this thread derails?

I do not understand your comment.

I've been creepily lurking on your threads for the past few challenges

tumblr_mbcnc3vQaF1rurv44.gif

So I figured with the new year I'd pop in and say hi!  Your goals are awesome.  Your theme is awesome.  Your party trick will be awesome. Good luck!

Creepy lurking is the only way to lurk.

Great challenge and one of my favourite computer games!

Good luck with it all. I'm sure you will be good enough to meet the sword master in the end

Pfft in the end I'm taking LeChuck. :D

Wow, somehow I feel slightly ashamed that I've never heard of/played this game before.  Must find!

Generation gap. I think computer years in those days are like dog years - I'm only a few years older but it makes all the difference. :P It is an amazing game, but I'm not sure I'd want to see the graphics on a high-res monitor haha.

Generation gap. I think computer years in those days are like dog years - I'm only a few years older but it makes all the difference. :tongue: It is an amazing game, but I'm not sure I'd want to see the graphics on a high-res monitor haha.

There was a remake made in 2009.

... skulks back into dark nerd corner.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

True, but it's not as good. A bit too easy? Or maybe I've become intelligenterer? Nah, doubt that.  

I usually stay away from remakes of classic games, because a lot of times my 14 year old self was way more impressed with things than my current grumpy old self can ever be.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I have faith in your general bendiness. ;)

Good luck in the flat hunt. That is never fun or easy! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

YES! Circus people taking over the world, what could be better than that?

A unified prosperous Earth filled with kate uptons.

I usually stay away from remakes of classic games, because a lot of times my 14 year old self was way more impressed with things than my current grumpy old self can ever be.

TRUF!

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

You should get large pieces of smoked meat and veggibles and things in string bags and hang them out your window to stay cold! Also, assuming you don't live on a ground floor, they will also be safe from BEARS!  Which is the real problem here, let me tell you...

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

You should get large pieces of smoked meat and veggibles and things in string bags and hang them out your window to stay cold! Also, assuming you don't live on a ground floor, they will also be safe from BEARS!  Which is the real problem here, let me tell you...

Hence the vehicle solution. Although, the bears here are small with long furry tails, gray with dark grey stripes, and usually a band of the dark colour over the eyes. Or shaped like adventuring canine pets.

EDIT: Oh, and that first type of "bear" is REALLY good at climbing, better than sloths I would venture as they waddle up at a running-waddle pace. They may even live in the trees.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Generation gap. I think computer years in those days are like dog years - I'm only a few years older but it makes all the difference. :tongue: It is an amazing game, but I'm not sure I'd want to see the graphics on a high-res monitor haha.

I grew up on the old Sierra games (Mum was a huge fan of them, and apparently they were better than reading Dr Seuss again :P ).  I used to play the remastered version of Quest for Glory 1, and I recently played the original and the character designs just threw me off so much.  Couldn't.  Deal.  It was just not like my childhood told me it should be.  Same story, same characters, same exact game.  They just made it prettier, and it threw me off.

there's a reason I don't go back and watch certain movies from my childhood.  Better to let them remain as they were in my brain than curse my stupidity for enjoying such a load of crap.  Luckily, I'm a very recent gamer, so my only childhood game memories are basically of King's Quest and Quest for Glory, which stand up excellently to the test of time and age.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

I wish I could help you find a flat. I actually love searching for neat places to live (I hate it when I actually do have to move though, the best things are always JUST out of price range!). 

It's kinda brave of you to go somewhere without a flat. I'd be way too paranoid for that. :D I hope the hotel isn't too expensive.

When I was in Stockholm I lived in this youth hostel that had a boat with rooms on it, too. 

My first videogame was a Biathlon videogame that was on a floppy disk. It belonged to my uncle at one point and since we spent the time after school not at home but in my great-grandma's flat above our butcher's shop, it was the only thing we could play. Not as stylish as other old games but fun enough! I'd probably hate it today, too.

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

If it is winter, a vehicle or balcony might work for food storage.

It's actually too warm and rainy to keep stuff outside the window. (For now, it's supposed to start snowing this weekend) But at least there's no bears to worry about here. Maybe moose, at least had I lived outside the city centre. :)

I wish I could help you find a flat. I actually love searching for neat places to live (I hate it when I actually do have to move though, the best things are always JUST out of price range!). 

It's kinda brave of you to go somewhere without a flat. I'd be way too paranoid for that.  :D I hope the hotel isn't too expensive.

When I was in Stockholm I lived in this youth hostel that had a boat with rooms on it, too. 

Trust me, finding a place in Stockholm is no fun at all. To put it in perspective, to get a firsthand rental contract the wait is 5-6 years. I'm just waiting for something to come up on our Gumtree equivalent, but you have to be either really lucky or really rich to get anything. I do have a prospective viewing on Saturday though so fingers crossed that will work out!   

Trust me, finding a place in Stockholm is no fun at all. To put it in perspective, to get a firsthand rental contract the wait is 5-6 years. I'm just waiting for something to come up on our Gumtree equivalent, but you have to be either really lucky or really rich to get anything. I do have a prospective viewing on Saturday though so fingers crossed that will work out!   

God I had no idea it was so bad. Do you have work lined up at least? *huge hugs* I hope it goes well on Sunday. Keep us posted!

Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Assassin

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Day 3 & 4 Update

Party trick - Need a bit more space to practice handstand to bridge, but I did remember a cute transition from bridge to front splits so I tried to work on that. Not very successfully mind. I think I need to warm up my hip flexors a bit more to able to do it.   

Grog - Still tracking. But I miss cooking.

Dairy farmer - Yesterday I did 4 sets of pistol squats, chair assisted because I'm so weak now. Booo. Oh well. And some core stuff, 4 sets I think. Today I did 3 sets of normal push-ups (hmm I really need a tracky thingy, maybe I'll do that tomorrow) and 1 set of bridge push-ups. I've gotten so used to twisting into bridge that I felt I needed some pushing practice. Also 1 set of backbends really focusing on keeping my legs straight and lots of bridges. 3 sets maybe.

I think this mixing and matching sets can work, it's nice to do something everyday and it's not very difficult to get my ass into gear if it's only for one or two exercises. :) 

But again I'm struggling with pull movements because yet again I'm in a hotel room... Can't wait to get my life in order! 

Life - BLEEEURGHH. As you might have figured. ;)

Oh WOW. And I thought we had it bad here with our flats. Stockholm sounds crazy. Perhaps you could find someone who's moving away for a while and letting someone live in their apartment while they're gone? It's not an ideal solution but at least you'd have a place that's probably cheaper than a hotel and you'd have a real flat and not just a room. That might give you more time at least?

That bridge-into-split sounds awesome. I want to see that!

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

Oh WOW. And I thought we had it bad here with our flats. Stockholm sounds crazy. Perhaps you could find someone who's moving away for a while and letting someone live in their apartment while they're gone? It's not an ideal solution but at least you'd have a place that's probably cheaper than a hotel and you'd have a real flat and not just a room. That might give you more time at least?

That bridge-into-split sounds awesome. I want to see that!

Flat-sit or look to be a flatmate with someone until you find your own.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

or you could build a top secret treehouse on top of a telephone pole.

just sayin.

Could be awesome.

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines