Curse of the Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

I'm sorry you're struggling with the apartment hunting. Though, I was under the impression that every Swede under 30 was working in the service industry in Norway to earn extra cash. With so many gone from Sweden, I didn't think it would be so difficult. :P 

Here's a trick you can do to work on your pull movements if you have a door you can close in your room. Just tie a knot on a bed sheet and voila! :)

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

Here's a trick you can do to work on your pull movements if you have a door you can close in your room. Just tie a knot on a bed sheet and voila! :)

Wow, that's a great idea!  I'll have to try it to mix in some rows with my negatives.

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

Hatter! Cheering for you. And subscribed, of course.

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

Trust me, finding a place in Stockholm is no fun at all. To put it in perspective, to get a firsthand rental contract the wait is 5-6 years. I'm just waiting for something to come up on our Gumtree equivalent, but you have to be either really lucky or really rich to get anything. I do have a prospective viewing on Saturday though so fingers crossed that will work out!   

Well that's settled then you have to come back to Sydney :)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Trust me, finding a place in Stockholm is no fun at all. To put it in perspective, to get a firsthand rental contract the wait is 5-6 years. I'm just waiting for something to come up on our Gumtree equivalent, but you have to be either really lucky or really rich to get anything. I do have a prospective viewing on Saturday though so fingers crossed that will work out!   

That is INSANITY!!!  I can hardly believe it.  Good luck today :)

I just looked up pistol squats.  Oh boy.  Not sure I could even do those with a chair.  Nice job with the hotel work out :)

A bridge into a split sounds really cool!

I'm sorry you're struggling with the apartment hunting. Though, I was under the impression that every Swede under 30 was working in the service industry in Norway to earn extra cash. With so many gone from Sweden, I didn't think it would be so difficult. :tongue:

Thanks, I'll have to try that!

Hatter! Cheering for you. And subscribed, of course.

Yay you're back! How was your holiday?

Well that's settled then you have to come back to Sydney :)

Yes please. Do you know anyone hiring? :P

How about that for a little party trick inspiration? I like the one with the apple :D

http://youtu.be/CICv6xV-lSE

That's adorable! Just a tad above my level. Maybe next challenge ;)

And now I will have the potato salad stuck in my head. :D

Oh, right, I think I'm supposed to do a week 1 update...

Hmmm so how did week 1 go? I have done a little bit of strength training, but I feel rusty and uncomfortable after such a long break. I can't do the same things as I used to and it bugs me. I know I'll get it back but it still sucks. Patience has never been my strong suit. :tongue: I didn't do as much as I planned to either. No excuses, I've just been tired. And cold. And sad I'm not in Oz anymore. Living in a hotel room and it being so frickin' cold and dark outside is really getting to me and on top of that I'm already bored of working 9-5. After a week haha. All in all the transition of moving back to Sweden is not going too well to put it mildly.  :nightmare:

On the plus side, I did do a few sessions of bendy stuff which was fun. Not quite as bendy as in that video though. ;)

What else, I have tracked all my food, but my appetite has plummeted because of housing stress I guess and I've been eating too little.

And speaking of housing... I spend the entire weekend a nervous wreck because I found my perfect flat and I really hit it off with the girl renting it out but had to wait for her to decide. And in the end she decided to rent it out to someone else because they had mutual friends. So that was a big disappointment. Then I viewed a different flat but it was a bit on the expensive side and the price kept climbing because of the other prospects. In the end he wanted to rent it out to me but it just got a bit pricey for such a small flat. BUT... Today I got lucky, and (touch wood) I will have somewhere to stay from tomorrow. Unfortunately it's only for a month but it will buy me some time at least.

To summarise, I'm hanging in there. By a thread. 

Notes to self:

Move to somewhere sunny. 

Get a new job. Preferably one that won't have me sitting in front of a computer for 40 hours a week.

Somewhere sunny sounds splendid. So splendid!

But what a relief to have a place for the next month at least! Some breathing room, thank goodness!

Good luck with this challenge, Hatter, I shall lurk and occasionally post gifs of great encouragement. :)

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a hard time adjusting to Sweden and the climate. It's great that you found a place to stay, only if it is just for a month. Staying in a hotel for longer periods of times get to you. At least it does to me. And try and see if you can get a standing desk. They make such a difference! :)

I second standing desks! Takes some getting used to but makes a world of difference!

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Somewhere sunny sounds splendid. So splendid!

But what a relief to have a place for the next month at least! Some breathing room, thank goodness!

Good luck with this challenge, Hatter, I shall lurk and occasionally post gifs of great encouragement. :)

Yay Max is back! Haven't seen you around for a while! Are you doing a challenge? And thank you. Gifs are always welcome. :D

come over to hawaii! you can busk for a living! haha

YES, that sounds awesome fun! Not sure if the visa guys would approve though. :P

*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a hard time adjusting to Sweden and the climate. It's great that you found a place to stay, only if it is just for a month. Staying in a hotel for longer periods of times get to you. At least it does to me. And try and see if you can get a standing desk. They make such a difference! :)

Yeah I'm so sick of hotels, and moving in general. In the past 6 months I moved maybe 6-7 times, and that's not counting shorter business trips! I feel like I really reached my limit lately so this last stint has been extra tough.

Now I have found you I will catch up when i'm not on my phone... I miss all the cool pics! Sorry to hear life situation sucks atm. Hugs to ya

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! More cool pics will have to happen, I've been a bit bad at it so far. ;)

I second standing desks! Takes some getting used to but makes a world of difference!

I actually do have an adjustable desk so I tend to change between standing and sitting on a bouncy ball, depending on how much brain power I need at any given time. So I guess I meant sitting in front of a computer in more figuratively speaking. :P But yeah it's great to be able to switch things up.

Considering all the ridiculousness you're dealing with right now, you're doing a great job.  Did the place you got for the month end up being a sure thing?

Hope things are looking up today!  Have some happy sunshine from the internets  :D

sun-clouds3.gif

Awww thanks! I was a bit worried all day because even if everything's technically decided you just never know. But...

I HAZ FLAT!!!

Only for a month but it's such a relief! Now I can finally do some stuff like cooking. And laundry. And most importantly get access to my bank account again! I don't think I mentioned it but I lost my bank card for my main account a few weeks ago. I then ordered a new one, but since I was still registered at my old place, which was just a room, it got send there. I wanted to pick it up together with my old post but apparently the guy I lived with has been throwing ALL my mail away!!! Even official stuff! So I never got my card and I've been using credit cards since. It was also super embarrassing today because I had to ask my mum to pay the rent and deposit for this flat, since I can't make transfers without my card. Bit of a reminder that even the most independent people sometimes have to ask for help...

Anyway, yay, I feel so much better now! Thank you my lovelies for being awesome and cheering me up!

• Like 3

HOORAY FOR FLAT

tumblr_mwokwbgZv21s99dcoo1_250.gif

I am doing a challenge too, actually, and this time I plan not to peace on the forums right before the end. Haha.

I saw this, and Gangnam Style immediately started playing in my head.  Now everybody dance!

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I may, eventually, probably, maybe, be in Stockholm for a few days in July! It's on our way to Finland and we still need to check if it will be financially ok but I sure hope that if we can make it, I'll be able to see you there!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines