formymonkey: rise and shine its butt whippin' time

formymonkey

This is technically my forth challenge.  That is crazy.  I guess I dropped out of one so this is going to be the third one I finish.  I have pulled a really old laptop out of the mothballs so I am hoping to update more with more than just a phone. 
I have not made much progress with the weightloss even thought I have been doing well with excersize and cooking.  I definately need to look at snacking.  I am also going to work on intermittent fasting.  I have a little more motivation this time as my husband is finally slightly motivated to loose weight due to some back problems that are due to his inactivity and being overweight.  The last few weeks I have been able to cook a few new dishes that he hasn't complained about even though they were healthy. 

Life goal:  Keep up with my son for a very long time to come.  This includes dropping down to a size 12 and being physically strong. 

GOAL 1: I am very warry of documenting everything I eat.  I know I won't be able to do it so I will not make a goal I can't keep.  Instead I will be keeping track of snacks that aren't vegies.

A:  less than 4 snacks per week

B:  5 snacks

C:  6 snacks

F:  7+ per week

GOAL 2: exercise every morning  no exersize will then engage GOAL 3.  I just bought the fitness blender 8 week challenge.  It is a set of links to different workout video's everyday of the week.  The workouts are about an hour long and vary between weight training, HIIT and yoga/stretching.  I am a little worried about the time length but can switch to their workouts for busy people if I need too.

A:  6 days

B:  5 days

C:  4 days

F:  fewer than 4 days.

GOAL 3: no breakfast (intermittent fasting) fasting does not mean excersize does not get accomplished. I will also attempt intermittent fasting 3 days a week even when excersize is complete in the morning. For me this means nothing to eat before 11:00. 

A: 3 days accomplished

B: 2 days accomplished

C: 1 day

F: none.

Side Goal: Keep up with my chore and menu chart.

A: 1 or fewer slips

B: 2 slips

C: 3 slips

F:  more than 3 slips.

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

Sub'd Monks! :)

Love the title! :D

So awesome your husband will be joining you in a healthy lifestyle!

I'll be here rooting you on!

Hope you have a wonderful Day 1!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Sub'd! :)

The last few weeks I have been able to cook a few new dishes that he hasn't complained about even though they were healthy. 

This made me laugh out loud. :lol:

But, good for you! Congrats that he's a bit more on board this time! It's probably making things a bit easier, isn't it?

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Sub'd. Proud of what you have done so far, monkey!

Cavilie - Level 4 Assassin

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4

Handstand PVP

7 WIS|2 STA|4.25 CHA|7.75 DEX|1 CON|3.75 STR

"If you can’t take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid."

Q, Star Trek: The Next Generation ('Q Who?')

Woohoo!! This week is almost over.  :worked_till_5am: Getting up at 5 is taking some getting used to but I have done it and gotten more done during the day.  I love that I don't have to think in the morning and can just click on the link to do the next workout in the schedule.  I am so sore from head to toe.  :miserable:   I have also had 3 extra workouts, one climbing, one learning to be a wrestling coach, and one coaching little guy wrestling.  Not sure how that happened but I guess I will go with it :topsy_turvy:

I never realized how much I snack until I tried not too.  I have had 3 snacks this week not including vegies.  I have decided to add one serving of fruit a day to my okay snack list. With the intermittent fasting I didn't have any fruit for 2 days, as fruit is usually part of my breakfast.  I missed my fruit and so it has been added.  I am hoping this makes the no snacking slightly easier as I have found myself wanting to cheat by saying " That really won't count."  Unfortunately our bodies don't work that way.  :livid:

My intermittent fasting has aslo gone well, with 4 days this week.  I am deffinately hungry by 11:00 but it isn't to bad.  I don't think this will be the hardest goal I have. :untroubled:

Here is to a great weekend!!

• Like 1

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Super awesome Monks!! :triumphant: You are doing fantastic and I am really proud of you!

Yucky on the 5 am, that is brutal, but you are handling it beautifully and I bet it does help to be more productive.

Sounds like you are putting down this first week like a boss! :tyrannosaurus:

Have a great weekend!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

GOAL 1: I will be keeping track of snacks that aren't vegies.

A:  less than 4 snacks per week

B:  5 snacks  all of them were little except I had an ice cream sandwich for desert one night.

F:  7+ per week

GOAL 2: exercise every morning 

A:  6 days  did all of the perscribed workouts.  Love love love :joyous: the click watch and do.  (Plus climbing and wrestling :dread: :eagerness:)

GOAL 3: no breakfast (intermittent fasting)

A: 3 days accomplished  actually 4 so yipee for me!! :tickled_pink:

B: 2 slips  Got all of my chores done but not exactly on the perscribed day.  Followed the menu well!! :applouse:

C: 3 slips

Overall a really good week.  just about time for bed here so I can get up and start my workouts again.  I will do my pushup challenge in the morning before my workout.  night night

• Like 1

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Thanks for all the encouragement.  Yeah for honor roll, thanks Blaze.

I just watched American Ninja warior.  Wow what amazing atheletes.  Way beyond what I will ever achieve, but a really cool assassiny (is that a word) event  If you haven't seen it,

a youtube video. 

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

That is some fantastic grades Monks! :triumphant::triumphant:

You are going to CRUSH this challenge! :D

I had never heard of that show until my accountability partner told me about it. He is a BIG fan. It is pretty cool!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I will do a better update when I get home tonight but I am doing well. Currently taking a short break while at the climbing gym

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Wow, We are already almost done with week 3.  I have some time tonight, so I will update for both weeks 2 and 3 for tonight.

GOAL 1: I will be keeping track of snacks that aren't vegies.

A:  less than 4 snacks per week 3

B:  5 snacks

F:  7+ per week  week 2

GOAL 2: exercise every morning 

A:  6 days  both weeks

GOAL 3: no breakfast (intermittent fasting)

A: 3 days accomplished both weeks

B: 2 Slips Week 2

C: 3 slips Week 3

Not too bad for being crazy busy, especially this week.  I will get my chores done tommorrow so at least that part will be finished for the week.  Last week I had one really bad day for snacking and kinda screwed my whole week.  This week has gone very well except for the chores. 

• Like 2

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Awesome job keeping on track Monks! Glad this week has gone better!  :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Okay so I am here. (kinda)  Honestly I have finally figured out some good goals that are helping me with weight loss (5 lbs in 4 weeks isn't bad :triumphant:), (4th times a charm???? :playful:) but while I am a great lurker, I suck at keeping up my thread and commenting on others. I also am really good at self destruction.  Last week I failed every goal except intermittent fasting.  I did okay with snacking :upset: (much less than before the challenge) but still an F. and I got up to exercise just 2 times :hororr:

I did get back on track this morning and am determined to finish this week out with A's for working out and snacking.  But back to last week, I am great at self sabotage :shame::sulkiness:.  I had some success, so I quit working so hard :pig:.  It happens every time, hence the determination to not let this week get away from me like last week. 

I love the encouragement this site provides to keep going, and I appreciate comments, but last week was not okay and please don't tell me it was.  I am great at making excuses for myself, and having to write and update keeps me more accountable, so I need kicked in the butt, :beaten:not sympathy. 

As soon as I get this posted, I am going to go searching for an accountability partner. If you drop by here and would like to have an accountability partner please let me know.  Like I said I am a great lurker and not very outgoing so having 1 person that I have to talk to once a day or every other day would be really good for me.  I love my Brigade members and will stay with them but need just a little more in depth and personal relationship. 

I also have a vacation planned in a week to go to Disneyland!!!   :eagerness: I have made some good steps in ensuring I can be at least somewhat healthy while there.  Our room has a refrigerator and the bell desk will accept groceries from a local store that delivers and keep them refrigerated/stored until you check in.  I have already placed an order full of veggies so the goodies in the parks don't get too overly tempting. :star:

Anyway I am off to find a friend.  Wish me luck!! :courage:

• Like 2

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines