LegoLady Channels Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Hello everyone,

After a hiatus I am back.  Going simple this time.

1.  I am doing a Whole 30.  Actually a Whole 39, until February 14th when I have to leave for a conference and will be at the mercy of others for my food.  I did one Whole 30 just before Christmas and the results were amazing.  I have never felt better and seen such obvious results.  My eventual goal is to eat the right way out of habit, without having to do any regimen.  I am not much of a gamer so I do not assign myself points, but grades:

Whole 39?  A

Whole 30?  B

Whole 30 with a special occasion or two?  C

2.  I need to move more.  I am going to start the couch to 5K today.   I am also interested in strength training with an eventual goal of joining the Warrior class.  I am going to start working on that, by finding strength program I like, and doing it.  I will resolve to do some kind of activity every day, be it a body weight workout, a walk or jog, lifting weights, something.  The point is a deliberate choice to move.

42 days with physical activity A++++++++

35 days with physical activity A

30 days B

<30 days C

3.  I AM GOING TO FINISH THIS CHALLENGE

I think this is my third or 4th challenge and I always run out of steam around week 4.  It was because I tried to do too much, to post every day and follow too many threads in detail.  This time, less is more.  I will check in less but I will do the work.  I will not beat myself up for not being perfect.  I will try my best to support all my NF friends but will forgive myself if I cannot read and respond to every comment and thread.  As much as I want to.

Post a final thread winding up my challenge?  A

Post all 6 weeks with no windup B

Anything else F

That's all I have for this challenge.  Back to basics.

I'm with you on setting a goal to see this challenge through to the end.  My first challenge was about 4 weeks, and the last one was about 5.5.  This one will be a full 6 WITH a wrap up post!!!

Let's do this!!!!

Hello everyone,

After a hiatus I am back.  Going simple this time.

1.  I am doing a Whole 30.  Actually a Whole 39, until February 14th when I have to leave for a conference and will be at the mercy of others for my food.  I did one Whole 30 just before Christmas and the results were amazing.  I have never felt better and seen such obvious results.

When I started cutting out most of grains, I was amazed how I felt - evenly energetic throughout the day while loosing 1.5lb/week pace with barely 3000 cals under per week. (I should have lost less than 1lb/week)

Let's eat right and feel better! Good luck.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Hey Legolady, I missed you! Glad to hear that you did The Whole 30 before Christmas, do you feel you are winning the battle against fast food?

Welcome back, you are awesome!

Howdy King Leeroy.  I missed you too!  I am definitely conquering fast food.  At this point I can see it is more of a habit to eat it than a craving or addiction.  When I think about it, it doesn't taste all that great and almost always gives me heartburn.  I am able to do without it pretty easily and find that I only look to fast food when I am in a rush and have not prepared for my day. 

I learned a lot doing the last Whole 30, in particular how good breakfast food can taste.  I eat big filling breakfasts every day and they hold me until a light but healthy lunch.  My last Whole 30 was probably more of a "Sorta 22" in terms of compliance.  And still I managed to lower my blood sugar a bit, sleep better, feel better and lose 12 lbs.  I lost it all over - my fingers even got thinner.

So I am inspired.  And I am so glad to see you again!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines