Eboncat - we can rebuild her, stronger & more flexible!

Eboncat

You know, something I've started doing is planning out my meals in advance using these calculators. I'm in a position where I can know what I'll be eating that day, so instead of entering it as it happens, I just make it up as a menu. You know, welcome to Che Kishi (haw haw! laugh with outrageous French accent!). It also reinforces the workouts, then - if I'm going to eat a certain way, then I don't have a choice but to workout to justify it, you know?

• Like 1

Yesterday was better, food-wise.  I hit my goals (Dinner was a bag of jerky and leftover rice.  Not very appetizing, but at 10pm I wasn't in the mood to cook anything).  Unfortunately, I got up late (still fighting off this head cold) and didn't have time to workout before work.  Then I didn't have the energy or willpower afterward.  So my workout last night consisted of 20 squats, 10 pushups, and then my sinus behind my eye was pounding, so I quit.  No splits training done.  I feel much better this morning, so hopefully the extra sleep has done the trick and kicked the head cold.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Sickness sucks.  So do broken phones.

You know, something I've started doing is planning out my meals in advance using these calculators. I'm in a position where I can know what I'll be eating that day, so instead of entering it as it happens, I just make it up as a menu. You know, welcome to Che Kishi (haw haw! laugh with outrageous French accent!). It also reinforces the workouts, then - if I'm going to eat a certain way, then I don't have a choice but to workout to justify it, you know?

I'mma just gonna +1 this.  I tend to know what I'm eating mostly every day based on my shopping cart at the start of the week, so I plan things out ahead of time so I don't have to do mental acrobatics when I get home from the dojo.  Makes life much more simple.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Ok, I get it!  Planning = good. :)

On the plus side - my phone does now work.  It only charges up to 37%, but it works.  Since I have a car charger, a portable back up charger and I can plug it in at work, I think it will do.

Yesterday: 100%.  Got my workouts done before work, so didn't have to worry about it when I got home at 9:30.  Makes life much easier!

• Like 3

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Yesterday: 100% across the board.  That's 2 days in a row.

I can't make it 3 though.  Went to bed too late last night - got about 6.5hrs sleep.  Got caught up in a book.

Yesterdays workout - I decided to do the playing card workout.  Pushups, situps, 10sec plank (i.e. a 3 of clubs = 30sec plank) and jump tucks. I did 15 minutes.  Ended up with 32 pushups, 43 situps, 42 jump tucks and 5:30 plank (total).  Was fun randomly drawing cards.  Will definitely do this one again.  My longest plank was 1:50 (ace, darn it!).  I put my knee down for a second at about 55 sec. and again at about 1:30.

Already got my workout and split training in for today, so I can relax - as long as I remember to eat enough.

My weight and BF% haven't changed since the beginning of the challenge.  I think I need to eat a little more - good food and not junk.  I'm not going to make changes this week, since I was sick for several days.  I'll re-evaluate again next weekend.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Yesterday: 100% across the board.  That's 2 days in a row.

I can't make it 3 though.  Went to bed too late last night - got about 6.5hrs sleep.  Got caught up in a book.

Yesterdays workout - I decided to do the playing card workout.  Pushups, situps, 10sec plank (i.e. a 3 of clubs = 30sec plank) and jump tucks. I did 15 minutes.  Ended up with 32 pushups, 43 situps, 42 jump tucks and 5:30 plank (total).  Was fun randomly drawing cards.  Will definitely do this one again.  My longest plank was 1:50 (ace, darn it!).  I put my knee down for a second at about 55 sec. and again at about 1:30.

Already got my workout and split training in for today, so I can relax - as long as I remember to eat enough.

My weight and BF% haven't changed since the beginning of the challenge.  I think I need to eat a little more - good food and not junk.  I'm not going to make changes this week, since I was sick for several days.  I'll re-evaluate again next weekend.

Speaking as a bibliomaniac I know exactly what you mean about getting caught up in a book until really early. Like nine in the morning. With a university class, not a lecture, a class at ten.

That workout looks like a killer no matter how fun it may have been.

Split training is fun, I'm sort of doing split training as a daily stretch and I like seeing the progression from day-to-day.

Don't worry so much about the body fat and weight, after all, they've not gone up; meaning that even in the awful weather most of the Western world has been experiencing this month and your illness you've not put on any weight. Don't you think that's great? I do!

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

Oh, I'm happy with my weight - sort of.  I spent 2 yrs getting back down to the weight I was in college and finally did that last spring.  I did most of it by eating a calorie deficit and cardio.  What finally actually worked was lifting heavy (heavy for me) and putting on some muscle.  Now I'd like to put on a little more muscle (or a lot) and I wouldn't mind a 5lb or so weight gain, if it means I'm getting more muscle. To do that I have to eat more (and it's taken me about 6 months to wrap my mind around that!).

Yesterday - I get 1/2 pt for food.  I did eat enough calories, but was short about 20g of protein. 

Today I have to work, and I only get 1/2hr for lunch, so I'll have to take it with me.  I'm thinking chicken breast and spinach salad.  and some Greek yogurt.

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Oh, I'm happy with my weight - sort of.  I spent 2 yrs getting back down to the weight I was in college and finally did that last spring.  I did most of it by eating a calorie deficit and cardio.  What finally actually worked was lifting heavy (heavy for me) and putting on some muscle.  .

This is what I need to do! Get back down to that college weight and then gain a little muscle. Any tips on first losing the weight?

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

"ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU"

My Epic Quest: http://www.nerdfitness.com/character/25378

This is what I need to do! Get back down to that college weight and then gain a little muscle. Any tips on first losing the weight?

Not sure you want to go the route I did.  I spent the 1st year or so only eating 950 cal/day.  Couldn't lose the last 10, so started exercising (p90x) and bumped up to 1200 cal/day.  That didn't work (I was following the "toning" weight program they recommended for women - high reps low weight).  What finally did it was when I started lifting as heavy as I could for the 6-8 reps (following the men on the program).  It wasn't huge manly weights either, I was using about 10 lbs at this point.  When I started lifting, I was using 2 - 3 lb weights. It doens't matter what weight you start with, it matters that you start.  I stopped worrying about how much I was eating - I think I was around 1500 per day or so - and tried to eat healthier.  Cut out sugar and most breads/pasta.  So I guess my advice would be to lift weights 2 - 3 times per week, and lift heavy ones.  You won't lose weight as fast maybe, but the muscle you put on burns calories while you're doing the rest of your day stuff too, not just during the workout.  And even if the scale doesn't move, you'll be getting smaller!  Which is really the point, right?

• Like 2

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Week 2:

Sleep 7hrs: 5/7

Eat 1700cal/100gprot: 5.5/7

Workout daily: 5/7

Splits training: 5/7

Not too bad.  Screwed up yesterday - got up late and didn't work out before work.  Got home, hubby had pizza and beer waiting and the last 6:00 min of the football game (go Seahawks!).  So I had that and then I didn't want to work out.  Meh.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Ack, I missed a couple days!  What book did you get caught up in?  And glad the phone is workable :)  What was your favorite thing about last week's progress?

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

It was the latest book in the Jane Yellowrock series.  I'm liking it so far!  My favorite accomplishment last week? I guess getting myself back on track after being sick.  And getting a workout in in the morning when I would rather sleep.

GoodDoug!  Good to see you.  Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Oo, I haven't heard of that series but I know what's on my To Read list now :)

And I totally agree - getting back on track after getting sick feels amazing, even if physically, it leaves you wiped out.

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Yesterday sucked.  I woke up feeling icky.  Did get my workout in, but only did 2 sets.  Tried to eat.  Then spent the rest of the day in bed - or running to the toilet to puke.  Bleagh.  I feel a little better this morning, but weak since I haven't been able to eat.  The worst part is I had specifically rearranged my work schedule to have yesterday off so I could go to the sparring class at TKD.  What a waste.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Yesterday sucked.  I woke up feeling icky.  Did get my workout in, but only did 2 sets.  Tried to eat.  Then spent the rest of the day in bed - or running to the toilet to puke.  Bleagh.  I feel a little better this morning, but weak since I haven't been able to eat.  The worst part is I had specifically rearranged my work schedule to have yesterday off so I could go to the sparring class at TKD.  What a waste.

Sickness when you take time off seems to be fairly common.  Always feels like a waste of effort.

Oh, not good. Sorry to hear you missed class, but if something got into your stomach, it's more than likely for the best that you didn't go. Take your time and get some food down.

And this.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

yeah, I don't think it would have impressed the instructor if I got sick all over the mat, not to mention sharing this with everyone else.  Stayed home sick today too.  My boss was kind enough to text me this morning and tell me she had my shift covered if I needed to stay home.  She's pretty cool.  And since breakfast didn't stay down this morning I took her up on it. 

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Ufta, hope you feel better soon! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines