Faervel17 - Rocks the New Year

Faervel17

Welcome to 2014 everyone! Hope it's treating you well so far!!

My Main Goal: LOWER MY BODY FAT PERCENTAGE AND GAIN STRENGTH

I am working for June 1 having a body fat of 18-22% and I'm just letting my body (and my trainer) guide how much strength I can build as I've never done this before.

Goal 1: LOG EVERYTHING!

In order to accomplish my main goal I need to realign myself with the knowledge of what I've been eating, how many calories it is (urg hate that part), and how healthy it really is. I used to do really good at this but I've been slacking. Now sure if I'll do a notebook or an app or both but I need to write it down daily and then analyze it weekly.

Rating: A- 7 days   B- 6 days   C - 5 days   D - 3 days   F - 1 day to none

WIS - 5  

Goal 2: WORKOUT 5 DAYS / WEEK

In order to continue gaining strength while losing body fat I have to keep moving and keep lifting. I'm just starting my strength training journey and I'm not lifting anything over 40lbs yet but It's something and it's far more than I was lifting even 5 months ago so I will take it and keep moving. Have to start somewhere. 

My workouts will be, gym - of course this is my strength training, yoga - helps my back and keeps me in communication with my weaker areas, ballroom dancing class - okay so maybe not the best workout per say but still not sitting my butt on the couch for those 2 hours, home - for the days I just can't muster up anything else I will do a body weight workout or play a fitness game not perfect but still better than nothing. I am giving myself 2 days of optional breaks because I am a little known for not taking breaks and then taking far too many. 

Rating: A - 5 days   B - 4 days   C- 3 days   D - 2 days   F - 1 day to none

STR - 2   DEX - 2   STA - 2

Goal 3: JUICE MORE

I started juicing recently because I hate fruits and veggies and I can't eat them often. I did not mind juicing at all I dare say I liked it. I would like to incorporate it daily so that it's at least a snack or lunch or breakfast each day. 

Rating: A- 7 days   B- 6 days   C - 5 days   D - 3 days   F - 1 day to none

CON - 3   CHA - 1 

Life Goal: SCHEDULE AT LEAST 7 HOURS / WEEK FOR WORK.

I need to get back into my photography. I let it slide last year with life happening in all sorts of ways but this year I want business and clients and it's time to start building up my new client base. First I have to get new marketing materials and get the websites updated and make new everything so I need to spend oodles of time on this right now. 

Rating: A- 7 hours $30   B- 6 hours $20   C - 5 hours $10   D - 3 hours $5   F - 1 hours to none $0

I'm not rewarding points for this one, I'm rewarding an actual thing. If I manage to do this I will reward myself with $180 for new clothing, that's $30/week of completion. 

Level 2 Sprite

STR - 3.5 : DEX - 2.75 : STA - 3.5 : CON - 6.5 : WIS - 11 : CHA - 4

You are good enough NOW! 

Day 1-2 I've been down and out with a small injury it seems to be healing up so looks like I'll be back in the working out game tomorrow. 

I've gotten myself my app back and I've put post its all over so I can date and peel and stick what I've eaten when I'm not thinking to use my phone or don't have it with me. 

I also went grocery shopping. Today is meal prep day and Juicing this evening and that should set me up for the week with lots of healthy awesomeness. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Week 1 went well. Wasn't able to get in as many workouts as my goal but I wasn't just sitting on my butt doing nothing either. I had my daily juice from Wednesday on and I logged everything I ate and did all week. I had 2 photo sessions this weekend so I've spent time on my work and will be spending more this week. 

So far today is going well. I'm sitting here drinking my juice with a cup of tea brewing. I'm going to work on homeschooling my oldest daughter as soon as they are out of the bath and then it'll be lunch and quiet time where I will do my workout. Hoping my energy keeps up, if not I'll have to find a way to sneak in a small nap. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Good to hear you're still in the fight. How is the injury healing?

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Seems completely fine. I got in an hour and a half full body strength workout yesterday and it bothered me a tiny bit just before bed but today I woke up with this need to do some cardio so I did 4 different sets of 4 minute tabata with a 1 minute rest in between and it is not bothering me at all, in fact it's feeling better. I have been making a point of stretching more and longer too so I'm sure that is a major key. 

Juicing for today and yesterday has gone well and I've been successfully logging everything so I'm happy. Slowly evolving. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Got yoga in last night, ate a good supper, and I spent some time on my photography so yesterday was good.

Today I didn't get my juice in, not sure why just didn't. I did do my gym workout with my trainer and I did log everything so happy with that. I also didn't do any work tonight feeling tired. 

Tomorrow I want to get in a small cardio, I have yoga in the evening and I am hoping for some more energy. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Are you getting enough calories with juicing?

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Are you getting enough calories with juicing?

Never mind, just caught up on our accountabilibuddies thread.

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

I think I am as juicing is one of the best ways to guarantee your body gets the nutrients from the fruits and veggies. It's not the only thing I'm eating though I'm still doing real foods I'm just having one meal or snack as juice because I am not such a fan of fruits or vegetables but juicing I seem to be able to do. 

I'm really tired today but my daughter also woke up at the crack of dawn with a touch of the flu so I'm sure that affects it. I'm still keeping up with my goals though. I will be having my juice with supper tonight, I have been tracking everything and I have yoga tonight. I've spent my afternoon working on getting my photography books updated for taxes. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Phew! Busy weekend for me here. I got my juice in Thursday but not Friday and I don't think I'm going to keep up with juicing on weekends as I'm not really home enough. If I am great I can make one quick but often we are away. 

I did yoga Thursday, Friday I did ballroom dancing with my husband and that isn't too energy exerting so I'll go to the gym Friday's now too. Saturday I did yoga and Sunday I rested. Today I was at the gym with my trainer. Getting stronger and did 15 extra minutes of cardio. 

I have successfully been logging everything and my main problem is that I don't eat at all until like 4pm and then I eat constantly right through to midnight so I need to spread that out more. 

I succeeded at getting in my 7hrs of photography work last week, now to keep that up and start getting clients!!

• Like 1

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

That's a plenty exercise. R u keeping up with intake?

I think what you eat is far more important than when.

Human body is a lot more adaptive I think.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

I've sorta lost a bit of ground the first half of this week. I was doing good but now I'm just so tired it's getting hard to keep up. I didn't do yoga tuesday so I missed 1 workout so far and I haven't been drinking my juices the last 2 days, mostly because this batch was made with all the leftover stuff and it came out really strong and greeny and not very appetizing so it's much  much harder to drink. 

Hoping to catch up on my juices and make-up the missed workout on saturday. Hubby won't be happy I'm dragging him to the gym again. 

I've been getting in lots of photography time but that wasn't so hard as I'm still in the planning phase of one project so thats the easy part to do. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Have you seen the blood work result?

If you can't have energy, it's understandable that the exercise etc. to not follow.

Take care.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.

How are you doing?

Well I was doing amazingly good and then last weekend happened. I didn't track most of last week I was so busy I'm not sure I ate or drank anything to even track. Then the weekend was even more chaotic with stress and business. Then this week the flu has hit my house. For most people that isn't a big deal but in this house it is due to other health issues within the kids. Hubby refuses to stay home and help when the kids are sick so I'm up all night and day with the kids and now it's wiping me out. 

Juicing happened for 1/2 of last week then I just grew tired of it and made smoothies for the last half of the week for a slight change. 

Exercise last week was great! Made my monday wednesday and friday work outs, ballroom dancing on Friday and made 1 yoga class out of 2. Didn't get in my Saturday makeup workout though :(

This week thanks to the flu the only thing that has happened was I ran to the gym last night and got in a workout. Was tired and weaker than normal but better than nothing. Aiming for Saturday again and Ballroom dancing tomorrow (crossing fingers for it). 

Being flu ridden has given me a chance to get quite a bit done on my photography though. I've printed off a bunch of stuff, am doing the write ups for the client guide and other marketing materials or contracts. I've had some time for photoshop and designing so I'm happy with the progress. 

I'm not out just knocked down. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Sh** happens as Steve says.

When it does, all you understand is that it's temporary. Take care of business first.

If you need to vent, vent any way possible.

Hope your kiddo get better soon.

If you read Ash's posting, there is a situation a lot worse than yours.

I'm not saying that "it could get worse", but I admire how she is keeping her sanity, and comes back with energy.

She vented, and goes right back up. I really admire her.

Now, something completely different!

Do you have a portfolio? Just out of curiosity.

I really enjoyed that thread and minus my partner needing to go for surgery it's basically the same story around here. Very very glad it's temporary and I've been saying to myself everyday since Tuesday - this soon will be over and you won't even remember it!

We are getting closer. The two sickies seem to be better. Still not eating much at all and no energy but they can hold down tiny amounts of food and decent amounts of liquids. However now it's hit me HARD. I'm missing dance tonight :( but that's not a big deal. Hubby is home now and I can tag team so we can both rest. All plans were cancelled for the weekend due to other circumstances so it's almost the perfect chance to rest and get better :)

I do have a portfolio. I am working on getting it back online. My wonderful tech guy says he should have everything done by the wend of next weekend so I'm very excited to have that back :)

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

In many ways I feel like the nerd fitness world and my real world are separated and easy to forget about. I feel the need for more support and accountability in real life. My husband couldn't care less what my goals are he wants x,y and z and doesn't care that it's not something I don't want to be eating or doing. It's so frustrating. I don't have friends that are able to be supportive and my family isn't understanding on such goals so I need him but he's not there for me. The computer and the online world is so easy to distance yourself from. 

I have a wonderful trainer who sadly I cannot work with more than 1x per week. She was the perfect push I just can't afford her as often as I want her. Unfortunately I shouldn't be working with her at all from a financial standpoint but if I'm not with her I don't get anywhere. 

I'm in way over my head right now. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

In many ways I feel like the nerd fitness world and my real world are separated and easy to forget about. I feel the need for more support and accountability in real life. My husband couldn't care less what my goals are he wants x,y and z and doesn't care that it's not something I don't want to be eating or doing. It's so frustrating. I don't have friends that are able to be supportive and my family isn't understanding on such goals so I need him but he's not there for me. The computer and the online world is so easy to distance yourself from. 

I have a wonderful trainer who sadly I cannot work with more than 1x per week. She was the perfect push I just can't afford her as often as I want her. Unfortunately I shouldn't be working with her at all from a financial standpoint but if I'm not with her I don't get anywhere. 

:o

I'm sorry that you need a real life support. I cannot help you on that end.

So, the digital support is only thing I (and other fellow rebels I hope) can offer.

I don't have money for gym or trainer. All my money goes to playing tennis.

I manage to do workout at home. It's limited but I can be creative.

Not getting family support, I'm largely in the same boat.

Though my wife is not against it, I don't get much help for my food choice (quasi paleo). We kinda live in separate universe in terms of food including grocery shopping. It's frustrating and not economical either.

Exercise - I don't think she cares at all, though I get to play tennis almost as much as I can so that's a good support.

Instead of thinking NF as "support", think of it as a workout journal if you don't have a journal yet.

It definitely helps to write down what you did for workout later on to keep track of your progress.

Oh. The other important aspect of digital support. 

You can vent.

I'm finding my NF thread as my public journal. Writing to it helps me to clear up my head. For me, it's therapeutic, and that's why I can keep it going.

Looking at it like a journal is an amazing idea. I shall change my mindset about this forum especially for the next challenge. I do love it here I just need a bit more in real life support too. 

I also wish that this site was available on my cell phone. Everytime I try to use it on my phone it crashes. I can read the blogs but I can't access the forums. If I could I could guarantee a daily check in and not falling off the wagon as much. I'm always on my phone, I don't always get to the computer. 

I sadly live in a condo and the people who live below me are almost always home so there are a few odd and unpredictable times I can get in a home workout but not often and then its usually just cardio which is great but doesn't fully support my goals. 

It's nice to have some place to vent. These past weeks have been hell and I've been bottling it to which now I've exploded and my poor husband has taken the brunt of it. 

I am really failing at this challenge. I stopped logging, not because I didn't mean to but because I simply ate nothing but toast or soup for the past week so I really had nothing to log. I haven't juiced at all and I will do it tomorrow because I have some stuff that needs to be used before it goes bad but I just don't have the oomph for it. I feel better when I do juice daily but it's so hard to get back into it if you make a recipe you didn't really like. I haven't been making my workouts because of the illnesses and also  because it takes so much work to get myself and three kids there almost first thing in the morning that it's easier to just not and evenings are only an option on wednesdays. I also have to make some decisions but how I'm going to get in my workouts over the next bit but I need to moving daily for at least a half hour. 

Ugh I'm just overwhelmed. Today I got the laundry done which was 15 loads total and I made eggs benedict which is a new thing to me. I'll be happy with that. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines