The White Luck Warrior's Long Journey

Main Quest: 

Fit into medium sized shirts and be comfortable with how I look in them

Goals:

-Run a mile 3 times a week with the aim of improving to a ten minute mile (my last one was somewhere in the order of 12-15 minutes)

-Perform 45 pushups at once (the last time I tried I was able to do 30 something)

-Follow the paleo diet 5/7 days of the week

Life Quest:

-Take a girl to Victory Comics with me

Motivation:

I am deeply unhappy with what I see when I look in the mirror, and I want to feel good about my appearance. 

post-25886-0-65314400-1389051934_thumb.j

"In this job, you handpick your people. You need the best. You need the most loyal. You need the most ruthless. And ruthlessness and loyalty in a single human being is a rare combination to find."

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

@Loren Ah, I see what you mean. Fixed.

@Mangostrike It's a local comic shop. I've always taken my girlfriends there on a semi regular basis. I have a running joke with the gaming manager there that whenever I buy my girlfriend a Malifaux set the relationship is doomed.

"In this job, you handpick your people. You need the best. You need the most loyal. You need the most ruthless. And ruthlessness and loyalty in a single human being is a rare combination to find."

Just got back from my first run. I was only able to make a half mile (running), for 1.5 miles total. Tomorrow will be calisthenics, and then running again Saturday.

What kind of time were you able to do on the 1.5 mile run?

How's the push-ups and paleo going?

Posting from mobile.

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

For the running section of the excursion I finished a 3 minute song and was part way through a 5 minute song when I finished the lap (1 lap = .5 miles). I started a stopwatch but forgot to stop it. I'll have a more precise time Saturday.

Paleo is going well. Salmon, ham, steak, chicken, salad, strawberries. I'm restraining myself on my off days (my first of which is today) so that they're an opportunity to eat out somewhere for a meal and have french fries rather than an excuse to pig out.

I'm gonna give a test run of the push ups later today. I'll post with the number I make it to.

Great job! Make sure to keep track of where you are, so that you can see how far you've come.

What gets measured, gets managed!

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

38 pushups. (Disclaimer : I do my pushups with my arms perpendicular to my torso and drop so that my arms form a right angle. It works your back more than your arms, or so I'm told.)

It's been raining for the last few days, but I went for another 1.5 mile run/walk. The time for the half mile I was able to make was 3 minutes 45 seconds.

:o Wow, so many push ups!

Good job, running when it's raining! I always find it hard to force myself out of the door when the weather is bad, but if I do, running through the rain makes me feel like such a BAMF.

If you want to find other people that are working on increasing their push-up reps, feel free to check our assassin phonebook! There are many, many people there trying to do the same and you might just find inspiration, motivation or a bit of encouragement there! :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43110-the-assassin-phonebook/

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi learns to outrun shamblers | Instagram challenge

Just finished another run. Was able to make it a little further this time, the half mile mark was still hovering under 4 minutes. I'm going to find the fitness center at my school tomorrow.

Don't leave us hanging :) How did the fitness centre go? And I know it was a while back, but well done on a rainy run! I've done them myself and I know how hard it is to drag yourself out!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Hey guys, I kind of fell off the wagon after I started going out with a new girlfriend. We lived a very sedentary lifestyle together for a few months. She moved to the other side of the country for school, and I'm moving halfway across the country soon, but I've started working out again and have been doing so consistently for a few weeks. I'm feeling great and I'll be posting on here again!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines