Vengefulpear's Year of the Dragon: Dark Souls Edition

As long as you keep your schoulder safe from further injury ^^ i think avoiding exercises that put strain on your schoulders would be best avoided for a while :/ hope it gets better soon ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

It would be really hard to go and use isolation machines and not wander off to the more fun areas of the gym. I don't know if I could do it. Not being you, I can't say whether or not it would be okay to use it a little and keep the pressure off. But good luck in making the right decision! Sometimes, as much as it sucks, erring on the side of caution is the right decision.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

How's your shoulder feeling? Hope you have an awesome week two!

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Egh, sucks about your shoulder. 

In my experience it's best to keep moving- doing absolutely nothing for 5 weeks might do more harm than good, as would doing too much too soon. But definitely keep moving! Plank holds, maybe farmers walks? That sort of thing. (Not sure where you're at.)

On a side note; my star sign is a dragon o/

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

It would be really hard to go and use isolation machines and not wander off to the more fun areas of the gym. I don't know if I could do it. Not being you, I can't say whether or not it would be okay to use it a little and keep the pressure off. But good luck in making the right decision! Sometimes, as much as it sucks, erring on the side of caution is the right decision.

I think you're right :( It does suck, especially as I was all pumped for this challenge!

This is probably the direction I'd take.

I've done enough of trying to work through or around things to realize that (for me), it's generally better just to let things heal rather than trying to do "a little bit"

Yeah, I think it was just the excitement for a new challenge and being upset and not being able to follow through with it getting to me. Thank you :) 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

How's your shoulder feeling? Hope you have an awesome week two!

Thank you :D It still feels a hot and tight, kind of like a bruise being constantly pressed. So definitely going to have to rest it! I think I'll be changing to a life goal, maybe enter some short story competitions

Level 1

High Score:

Egh, sucks about your shoulder. 

In my experience it's best to keep moving- doing absolutely nothing for 5 weeks might do more harm than good, as would doing too much too soon. But definitely keep moving! Plank holds, maybe farmers walks? That sort of thing. (Not sure where you're at.)

On a side note; my star sign is a dragon o/

That's what I'm worried about, getting itchy about not doing anything and then just ending up being worse off. So I might just try some plank holds, thank you   :) 

Yay! :D See dragon's are written in the stars they're that awesome :D

Level 1

High Score:

:o Do it! That would be really awesome, although you do know you'd have to get the hat for that, right? ;)

I think that could be arranged.  Maybe a bullwhip too....

Ugh, I hate injuries.  I always try to work things indirectly and just super slowly build back up.  Always frustrating to dial things back, hope it feels better.

I think that could be arranged.  Maybe a bullwhip too....

Ugh, I hate injuries.  I always try to work things indirectly and just super slowly build back up.  Always frustrating to dial things back, hope it feels better.

Well if you're going to get one, you should get the other!

Thanks, it is super frustrating, but I'll only make it worse, it's nice to have everyone's well wishes on here :) 

Level 1

High Score:

Whelp, that didn't work so well :P It ended up as just bacon, onion and scrambled eggs on some lettuce. So not a bad lunch all told! But not quite was I was aiming for :P 

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

You could always shift what you train. I've heard a strong core is always useful. It's something I definitely have to work on. Although you may already be epic I those regards. I haven't really had an opportunity to follow many of my assassin brothers yet.

°~°

°¬° 

Sounds delicious to me! And if it wasn't what you were aiming for, maybe add more bacon next time. ;)

More bacon is always the answer - but for another option, I do lettuce wraps with ground turkey, mushrooms, green onions, and water chestnuts, with stir fry sauce. Tasty!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Sounds delicious to me! And if it wasn't what you were aiming for, maybe add more bacon next time. ;)

I very much agree :P I was looking up bacon things earlier so I'm thinking I might try some bacon cupcakes too :D

More bacon is always the answer - but for another option, I do lettuce wraps with ground turkey, mushrooms, green onions, and water chestnuts, with stir fry sauce. Tasty!

Oh awesome, that does sound really tasty :D I forget about water chestnuts :P How do you get all the wraps together? Or is it more like a lettuce plate? 

Level 1

High Score:

Or add some kind of sauce to liven things up a bit.

I did add some smoked chilli sauce which was rather nice, but I was worried about getting too many calories with it, but I think you're right :) 

Level 1

High Score:

You could always shift what you train. I've heard a strong core is always useful. It's something I definitely have to work on. Although you may already be epic I those regards. I haven't really had an opportunity to follow many of my assassin brothers yet.

°~°

I think I might give it a go and see how it feels, I don't have a super strong core I don't think, not too bad :P I do a fair bit of running, but I might try this challenge http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/ but take it easy the first bit and see how I feel with it :) 

Level 1

High Score:

I very much agree :tongue: I was looking up bacon things earlier so I'm thinking I might try some bacon cupcakes too :D

Oh awesome, that does sound really tasty :D I forget about water chestnuts :tongue: How do you get all the wraps together? Or is it more like a lettuce plate? 

You need lettuce with good big leaves. It does tend to devolve into a lettuce plate, though - tortillas are much better for holding everything together.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

You need lettuce with good big leaves. It does tend to devolve into a lettuce plate, though - tortillas are much better for holding everything together.

Awesome, I will do some investigations :) I was trying to bring them into work for lunch, but them bouncing around in my bag won't do much good, so I'll look into some sort of tortilla, thanks :D 

Level 1

High Score:

And I just spoke with the gym instructor and he suggests taking at least 6 weeks off of any straining my shoulder or chest or shoulder exercises. So sad times for me! But he's also laid out at the moment recovering from heart surgery so I can't complain that much! 

So that definitely means my strength workouts are stricken from this challenge, so I am now officially going to change it to a life goal. I'm going to make it do 45 minutes per day of work towards a life goal, it doesn't matter what this is as long as 45 minutes accumulate over the day. So this could be learning a language, writing and entering story competitions, researching self-publishing/small print runs, applying to jobs, or what have you. 

But at least the pressure if off to see if my shoulder will heal, and it just means that my diet becomes super important to make sure I don't lose out :)  

Level 1

High Score:

Awesome, I will do some investigations :) I was trying to bring them into work for lunch, but them bouncing around in my bag won't do much good, so I'll look into some sort of tortilla, thanks :D

What about using cabbage instead of lettuce, and maybe even wilting it slightly?  Cabbage is a lot more resilient.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

What about using cabbage instead of lettuce, and maybe even wilting it slightly?  Cabbage is a lot more resilient.

That's a good idea! I hadn't really considered cabbage, my mind was being silly and going "no, cabbage is a dinner good, not a lunch time food!" I'll give it a go over the weekend, thank you :) 

Level 1

High Score:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines