Vengefulpear's Year of the Dragon: Dark Souls Edition

At least you have an official answer now, so you don't have sit there debating whether or not to work your shoulder.

As for lettuce wraps, my grocery store has containers of outer romaine leaves. They're big enough, and naturally form a U shape, so they hold the food pretty well. I guess it's not really a wrap...more like lettuce tacos.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

6 weeks is a long time! Sucks, but you're really positive about it which will probably help.

Why not do leg strength things btw?

Thank you, I am trying to stay positive! I think I will, I guess I was just avoiding thinking about strength training in general, but I've always wanted to  be able to do pistol squats, so I suppose now is the best time to work on them :P 

At least you have an official answer now, so you don't have sit there debating whether or not to work your shoulder.

As for lettuce wraps, my grocery store has containers of outer romaine leaves. They're big enough, and naturally form a U shape, so they hold the food pretty well. I guess it's not really a wrap...more like lettuce tacos.

Oh cool, I know I can get some whole romaine lettuce from a store near me so there might have to be a taste-test to compare romaine tacos and cabbage tacos at the weekend! :P 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Last night I did not go for a run like I planned, despite my optimism in the afternoon my shoulder was just killing all afternoon until I got home so I wasn't in the best of moods and skipped out on my planned run because I figured that rest was the best option (and I think I tense my upper body sometimes when I get towards the end of a run so I didn't want to aggravate anything) 

So I bought a fitness magazine on the way home along with some food (I discovered a 'Royal Game' soup I had for lunch yesterday only had 150 calories in it, which is awesome because it means I can have a nice filling dinner) so that was good as the worst thing I bought was a gluten free orange cocoa bar. And then I just sat on my computer, played The Banner Saga all night and went to bed early. 

Tonight I will go for a run (I will, I will) and that will also hopefully make me feel better about missing out on upper  body stuff for 6 weeks :) 

Level 1

High Score:

6 weeks for letting your schoulder recover sucks, but it's for the best; it could become worse if you don't let it recover :/ it's a shame for your challenge though :o

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

After runs, my right shoulder would sometimes hurt. I assumed I was tightening it up more than the other or something weird, but couldn't figure it out. Then I was running with a guy that's been running for twice as long as I've been alive and I happened to mention it. Apparently, I wasn't breathing deeply enough. As soon as I started breathing a little heavier (especially at the beginning of the run when I felt like I didn't need to), it went away. I don't know if that'll help, but it seems like information that may be good to have.

Enjoy your run today!

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

And I just spoke with the gym instructor and he suggests taking at least 6 weeks off of any straining my shoulder or chest or shoulder exercises. So sad times for me! But he's also laid out at the moment recovering from heart surgery so I can't complain that much! 

So that definitely means my strength workouts are stricken from this challenge, so I am now officially going to change it to a life goal. I'm going to make it do 45 minutes per day of work towards a life goal, it doesn't matter what this is as long as 45 minutes accumulate over the day. So this could be learning a language, writing and entering story competitions, researching self-publishing/small print runs, applying to jobs, or what have you. 

But at least the pressure if off to see if my shoulder will heal, and it just means that my diet becomes super important to make sure I don't lose out :)

I'm glad you're taking that in such good stride, pear! It'd suck if you kept pushing and properly injured it.

I'd love to read some of your writing sometime if you ever feel like sharing :D But it sounds like you have some pretty great life goals and even 45 minutes a day will help. Yay I'm excited, maybe this was the universes way to force you to go for your dreams!

Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Assassin

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

6 weeks for letting your schoulder recover sucks, but it's for the best; it could become worse if you don't let it recover :/ it's a shame for your challenge though :o

It really is! I was super super excited to start this year off with a health and fitness bang! But there we go :( I'll just make lots of plans for when I am fully recovered :D

Level 1

High Score:

After runs, my right shoulder would sometimes hurt. I assumed I was tightening it up more than the other or something weird, but couldn't figure it out. Then I was running with a guy that's been running for twice as long as I've been alive and I happened to mention it. Apparently, I wasn't breathing deeply enough. As soon as I started breathing a little heavier (especially at the beginning of the run when I felt like I didn't need to), it went away. I don't know if that'll help, but it seems like information that may be good to have.

Enjoy your run today!

Thank you! It did go okay, I was sure to breath properly like you suggested and my shoulder doesn't feel too bad today so hopefully it worked :) 

Level 1

High Score:

I'm glad you're taking that in such good stride, pear! It'd suck if you kept pushing and properly injured it.

I'd love to read some of your writing sometime if you ever feel like sharing :D But it sounds like you have some pretty great life goals and even 45 minutes a day will help. Yay I'm excited, maybe this was the universes way to force you to go for your dreams!

Thanks :D Well I do write the mini-challenge stories so that's kind of sharing :P But I have a few ideas for some stuff that I might see what people think once I've got something written down, it's all progress in one way or another, even if it's not the progress I wanted :) And you might be right! I spent some time looking at writing jobs earlier and found one writing for the nintendo magazine! I wont get it :P But that won't stop me applying! 

Level 1

High Score:

I also figure it's probably about time I made an actual update about my progress! 

The Red Drake / Fat Loss:

I didn't win last week's PVP for the calories (super well done to slyph there, it was really close!) but I kept my average under 1800 calories which was my target, so a bit fat 7HP lost for him! And so far this week I've been over by 89 calories for one day, and under by 7 on my next worst day, so I'm counting that as full victory so far :) Another 4HP down! Boom! 

And I figure that a good time to weigh myself will be tomorrow morning, so I'll do that and see where I'm at :) 

New Red Drake HP: 31HP

The Gaping Dragon / Strength Training: 

I think I only did one strength circuit last week, and this week I did do one after my run last week but kept it to lower body exercise and a plank. So only an extra 2 points for that one, I will give myself some leeway in that I was still figuring out how to deal with the injury. 

New Gaping Dragon HP: 19HP

Seath the Scaleless / Running: 

Last week was also not 100% for running, I did go running twice, but not a third, again due to my injury but still. So 2 points again!

New Seath HP: 19HP

Kalameet / Bedtime:

Okay, so a couple of nights I didn't go to bed when I should have, but all the rest were good, so that's 3 HP damage, which a heck of a lot better than none :) 

New Kalameet HP: 26HP

Level 1

High Score:

Right then!

I weighed myself this morning and it was .... 152 lbs! 

Which is crazy! Because that means I've already done that whole goal for the challenge... So obviously I felt like that was good news! And I'll be keeping up with my calorie counting and exercise (obviously :P ) for the rest of the challenge to see how well I can do :) 

Level 1

High Score:

It really is! I was super super excited to start this year off with a health and fitness bang! But there we go :( I'll just make lots of plans for when I am fully recovered :D

that's the spirit :D best of mind sets, i'm sure you'll recover quickly :)

still your other challenges seem to be going well ^^

And if you need my blade in the fight call upon me Guild Leader, send this eagle feather back to my Bureau and i'll come a-running.

*leaves a feather on the table and leaves with a nod*

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

So last night I did head out to the pub for a couple of pints, which I was not expecting so Friday and Saturday were a bit calorie dense! But I'll keep up with the calorie counting and just do better from this week forwards :) 

Level 1

High Score:

A couple of things to add on to this, I've just finished putting in my calories for the week on the calorie PVP so I've found out that actually I was only 46 calories over my average high target for the week, so yay! 

And last night when I was talking with my friend (who's a massive climber who just came back from 10 days climbing in Morocco) and some of the stories he was telling me of some old school climbers, man. 

One guy broke his back a few decades ago when he was climbing in France, but without travel insurance and no one else to help him, he decided that he was going to strap an axe to his back, wrap the axe and his back in the rope he was using and spent 3 days travelling on public transport (the train, the ferry and the train again) to get to hospital in London. Waited outside to smoke his pipe before he went in (obviously no smoking in hospital), and then proceeded to tell the nurse that he needed to see a doctor because he'd broken his back. 

It made my shoulder injury seem a little less bad! 

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

Isn't it?!

And when he finished the story he said "and of course, he had a moustache" I didn't know why he told me that, but then I realised that throughout the story I had just assumed that that amount of awesome required a moustache! 

Level 1

High Score:

Well I thought that I had better post something in my own thread because it felt like I hadn't posted in ages! Turns out it was yesterday... 

But I could do an official roll up of week 2: 

Goal 1; Weight Loss

Well apparently I've already his this goal, so that's a bonus! I'm going to keep going and see how well I can do with it, so just keeping up with my calorie counting but it's good to know that I've already gotten down to a weight that I was before Christmas

Goal 2: Strength Training

Despite the injury and with some much needed prodding from KB Girl I did actually manage to keep up with 3 sessions of strength training. I've only been doing leg exercises and planks but it's all better than nothing! 

Goal 3: Running

Again, I've managed to keep up with this which I'm quite pleased about because I was worried about jarring my upper body. But I slowly got back into running distances and have gotten myself back up to the 5km runs I was doing last year. AND! A friend of mine wants to do a 10km race in the future so I've found a nice one that runs along a river with a nice pub at the end! And that's in March so a nice time away for everyone involved. 

Goal 4; Sleep

I've been doing okay on this one. A couple of nights I've not made it to bed at exactly half past 11 and ended up going up at something like 11.35pm instead, so something to work on :) 

Level 1

High Score:

Definitely. I nearly assumed the we mountain man beard and wearing a fedora (Indiana Jones style). Ok... Nah lol.

°~°

It probably just fell off when he fell off the mountain :P 

Level 1

High Score:

*Hooded figure walks in and plops down on a bench*

now that was the best overly manly man story i've heard in a while :o that dude sounded though.

A good job on your update Master Vengefulpear, the dragons are clearly still getting a worthy fight despite your setback ^^

keep at it :)

Thank you :) that does put an epic spin on things! :D 

He was incredibly badass! And he told me about another guy who broke his back and had to ride his motocycle many miles back to the hospital, but had to stop every few hundred metres in tears because of the pain. Seriously badass. 

Level 1

High Score:

Thank you :) that does put an epic spin on things! :D 

He was incredibly badass! And he told me about another guy who broke his back and had to ride his motocycle many miles back to the hospital, but had to stop every few hundred metres in tears because of the pain. Seriously badass. 

best way to spin something :D make it epic ^^

wow that guy is badass too, but that first one trumps everyone i've heard :o to then calmly smoke his pipe before going in Xo

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines