Vengefulpear's Year of the Dragon: Dark Souls Edition

Definitely! I suppose if you've travelled 3 days with a broken back you're going to make damnably sure you get your last smoke :P 

I also found this website about making your habits very RPG like, even giving you currency to  buy swords and equipment when you complete your tasks, so I thought I'd show everyone because it very much seems like something some Rebels would enjoy! https://habitrpg.com

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

thanks Vengefulpear, i'll definetly check it out :P

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Rawr!  :D

Rawr! (I shall interpret that as my Secret Dinosaur heritage lets me :P )

It's great your still finding ways to get in work outs while you're injured.  I have reccuring shoulder issues and staying active is the only thing that keeps me mobile.  Otherwise I stiffen up like a board

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive because I really wanted to work up to handstand work and skill work with my workouts. But actually I feel a bit better after one of my runs too, so I'm not sure if it's something to do with getting the blood pumping maybe, and warming up? 

Level 1

High Score:

Legs and planks are way more than nothing! Sorry it took me so long to drop by. Keep it up :) 

Also, more story please? Though ofc it was very very stupid to do that with a broken back, it still makes for a very compelling story.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Thanks :) I'm working my times up on the planks, so I'm thinking of trying out some side planks if/when I reach a minute on the planks

Indeed! I know my friend told me another tale of a climber who fell down a crevasse and was only attached to another climber, who had to jump at the ground and put his pick into the floor to stop him from falling to the chasm to his death, but after 12 hours the climber top had to cut him down or die. So he cut him down. 

The other climber fell, broke both his legs, but when he realised no one was coming to save him (because they thought he was dead) he used his picks to drag himself along the bottom of the crevasse and back to base camp, over a period of five days! 

So massively badass for that story as well! I can only hope that I could do the same thing in his position

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

And I thought I'd best write up a little of week 3 (We're already half way through the challenge!)

Goal 1: Fat Loss 

So for this one I've done okay, I was being careful with my calories throughout the week because I went to see my lady-love over the weekend so that meant a few days I did go over. But I was careful over the beginning of the week because I knew that would happen. So overall, taking my average for the week I only ended up going about 100 calories over my target. So that's not so bad, but I will only take off 5HP for this week instead of the 7HP max

Goal 2: Strength Training & Goal 3: 

Again for this one I was very aware that I wouldn't be able to do anything Friday-Sunday, so I got all my strength training in after my runs which I did on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday so they were a bit cramped! But they definitely got done :) -3HP for both dragons! 

Goal 4: Sleep

This is one I'm having more trouble with, I think last night and one more last week I didn't go to bed before 11.30pm so I'm going to have to keep working on it. But still that's another -3HP for Kalameet, and it's better than I was doing last year :) 

So I reckon about a B grade overall for last week :) 

Level 1

High Score:

Mid week update! I haven't really been around this week (which is bad and I am sorry!) I've been jumping in and out of posts but I am working on other things for the Assassins even if i've not been vocal about it!

But I've just felt so exhausted this week! I'm not sure what it is, I have been meeting the 11.30pm deadline, so it might be sensible to bring it forward a bit... I also know me though and I do like to be awake... 

My shoulder feels a lot better than it did at the beginning of the challenge, but now my other shoulder feels weird! I don't think it's injured at all, but it just feels really tight, almost like DOMS after a workout. But i've obviously not been working it out! It's odd, and a little annoying. But still! Only 4 more weeks until I can exercise it again :P 

And hopefully I'll feel better after a run tonight

Level 1

High Score:

Great job so far! You already achieved one of your goals, which is amazing. Now you just have to keep up the good work! :)

As far as the sleep thing goes, I've found that I feel better with 6 hours of sleep than 7. So you may just have to play with the time a bit. And if you eventually find that getting a little less is better, you aren't alone.

The other shoulder feeling like DOMS is probably because you've been inadvertently favoring it due to the injury of the other one. Even if you aren't doing much, just carrying yourself a little different, or carrying everything with the same arm can end up tiring out one shoulder.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Thanks Zeb :) 

I think you're right, but it might be a case of experimenting with proper sleeping hours and seeing what happens. 

And again, you could be right with the DOMS, I have been only using my left shoulder to do things like get stuff down from shelves at work (oh the horror I know :P ) so hopefully after the weekend it'll sort itself out. 

Level 1

High Score:

On a different plus side, I applied for 2 whole jobs this week! With a few more that have just popped up that I'll go for too.

And my run today went really well, i accidentally stopped my audiobook at a reallyyy awesome moment so I literally stopped, swore loudly and had to restart it. So I ran for an extra 10 minutes to make up for stopping. 

But I feel better, I ate an entire packet of bacon for dinner too! It was supposed to be a bacon taco with bacon/onion and something else inside it, but just turned into a kind of woven bacon carpet on the plate with more bacon on top with leeks, onions and carrots in it. Not a bad thing but maybe I should plan better :P 

So I think wins all round for this evening

Level 1

High Score:

More bacon, can't go wrong there ;)

Wins all around indeed! What a great idea to listen to audiobook while you run... That might make it suck less to be almost bearable... .Gotta try that!

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Definitely can't go wrong with bacon :P but I did have to have a hot chocolate afterwards, because of all the salt! 

It makes running so much more bearable! Whenever I ran with music I would just end up counting with the songs knowing they were 3-5 minutes long each. But you can get lost in an audiobook! And I have seen that some people speed them up for when they run

Level 1

High Score:

haha I did try and run a little faster after :P 

You're right though it does have to be the right book, I tried listening to 'Good Calories, Bad Calories' for a bit a few weeks ago and it's just wayyy to dry as material goes. So I switched to King of Thorns and now I barely notice the runs at all! (Apart from when I accidentally stop the story!)

Level 1

High Score:

You are doing fantastic!!!! :D

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

aah venerable guildmaster, you're doing great, it seems you have no need of my blade :) but it is at your disposal whenever you need it :D keep it up Vengefulear :)

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

I was feeling a bit poop over the weekend, I'm not really sure what it was but I was feeling a bit depressed about going back to work (I'm not sure why really, I dont hate my work!) but I'm going to apply for some more jobs this week, I think I get frustrated that my job is only a contract so I know there's no advancement possible and I'd rather be in a different department within my industry but I know I've got a job so that's better than nothing! 

Anyway!

Time for a Week 4 update! Wow is it week 5 already?! 

Goal 1: Weight Loss

I've been doing well at keeping up with the calories, although over the weekend I had a bit of a dietary reset. I just ate whatever on Sunday and Saturday I did have a few beers with a friend while we played Smite (not complaining!) But I think it helped with my mood and now I'm all ready to kick some ass again :) So I just put down 2500 calories for Saturday because I was careful during the day not to have too much because I knew I was having a few drinks, but then on Sunday all bets were off :P So I put 3000. But I'm not really counting it. My goal is an actual weight, and I'm going to stick with it :) 

Goal 2: Strength Training

I've done 3 lots of this each time throwing it in after I get back from my run. I was thinking I could be doing better with it, but I got the 3 in and I'm not allowed to do upper body workouts so I guess I'm doing just fine :P

Goal 3: Running

I technically destroyed this goal this week. I went for runs on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I just ran until I got bored (which was a while with the audiobook :P ) and ended up doing just over 7km, so another 5km than usual. And then on Sunday I ran to try and cheer myself up and threw in some sprints in the 5km run and I think I managed it in about 27 minutes so not to bad either :) 

Goal 4: Sleep

I am pretty sure I got all of these in. Although I should get better and going up to bed and then actually GOING TO BED. If that makes sense :P 

But overall, looking back it was a pretty good week :) And I'm all ready to destroy the next one! 

Level 1

High Score:

That sounds like a great week really! Way to go :) on to the next one o/

Thank you :) 

This week didn't go as splendiferously :P

It went well enough, I let myself down on a couple of occasions for the calories, one of which was planning a valentines meal so that means i ate a lot of chocolate ... (the plan was to cook a 3 course meal based on chocolate, now it's just 2 courses on chocolate and one course of "Dragon's Egg Salad") 

But apart from that it went okay, after eating said chocolate I tried to go for a run later in the day and got a painful stitch every 20 metres or so, so that was a bit of a pain (no pun intended) but that was the fourth run of the week and the other 3 went just fine. 

My bedtime challenge I think is the one that's suffering the most! There were again a few nights last week that were closer to 11.45pm when I went up to bed than 11.30 but let's make this last week one to remember! 

Level 1

High Score:

Nice word. :)

I thought the same thing.

I hate stitches. I almost always seem to get them if I jog, run, or sprint very far at all. I've tried several different approaches, but no luck so far. This week should be awesome for everyone.

°~°

A long time runner (read: running over twice as long as I've been alive) told me that the key when you get a stitch is to press on it (usually with a couple fingers under your ribs), exhale completely and then take a few deep breaths and exhale completely again. It worked the one time I've tried it, but I don't get stitches as often as I used to. Of course, exhaling completely is one of those things that is more difficult that it seems, especially when running.

Good job last week! Glad to hear that everything's going well.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

i hate stitches, my gf says it's a wall i hit everytime (she gave me the whole biological explanation, very interesting, she's studying for vet so she knows about that stuff :o) and need to push through, i find that the wall is everytime a bit further, thus only advice i can give is keep moving :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines