Hello Assassin's guild!

I spent my first challenge in the first timer's club and spent a time deliberating whether to join assassins or druids, but here I am for this challenge focusing on an acrobatics goal which fits more in the assassin's realm. I really enjoyed the first challenge, saw a lot of growth, many compliments were received when I got home and even my parents commented I look like the best shape of my life! So very rewarding overall. this first post will sound very businessy and numbers. kind of dry material, but my updates and other posts will be more candid I promise. I welcome gifs and other forms of support as well.

Here comes round two!

STATS:
I'm 21 and now 134lbs. my current body fat percentage rests at 26.5% as of Dec 24th, this was measured with an electric scale, but I have purchased calipers and will update that soon. my belly button waistline is currently 80-85 cm (flex-relaxed). I'm hoping to improve these numbers in general which I'm sure will happen along this challenge, but I'm just going to keep track of them and see how they change over the course of the challenge.

My goal is to be able to be able to base (in acrobatics this is the person supporting the person in the air) for my acrobatics partner for a fairly unique routine in which we play both flying and basing roles. I also want to make more progress in yoga which I practice regularly as well but will not be keeping track of that here (though I may make some breakthroughs and post some of that as well.. not my main focus for this challenge)

This means I have the following tasks: Reduce my body fat percentage, be able to lift my partner's goal weight (135) and then some for safety, and prepare choreography for the Acrobatics routine.

I've sorted out strength training as a main path of goal fulfillment so this is my main course, practicing is important, and the food intake is for proper fuel and to reduce body fat. the following will be my evaluation criteria each week:

Goals:

1. Go to the gym and lift

A = > 5x per week

B = 4x per week

C = 3x per week

D = 2x per week

F = < 1x per week

2. Practice Acrobatics

A = 3x per week

B = 2x with addtl practice per week

C = 2x per week

D = once per week

F = Not at all

3. Reduce intake of foods that fall outside of the Paleo diet to 3x week at most

A = < 1x a week

B = 2x a week

C = 3x a week

D = 5x a week

F = > 5x a week

Life Quest: Finish at least one verse of spoken word each day

A = > 6x a week

B = 5x a week

C = 3x a week

D = 2x a week

F = < 1x a week

I've included my life quest which is to create and perform a spoken word piece which I hope to perform at a poetry slam on February 8th.

Gym regimen and weekly grade out will be updated daily here

Motivation: so that I can say honestly and with confidence the following about myself...
I feel strong
I am able to assess my limits
I am confident in my ability to accomplish the desired performance

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

You may not be a ranger, but I got my eye on you! I'm so happy you got so many compliments after your first challenge. Your recipes were a huge hit with my family!

• Like 1

Formerly "Silkie" the Level 3 Ranger - now respawning as "Arcanis" the Monk ...

First Challenge   Holiday Mini-Challenge   Second Challenge  Third Challenge (Incomplete) Fourth Challenge (Incomplete)

Post-Respawn:  Fifth Challenge

I love your challenge! Good luck, girl! The spoken word challenge is one that I have never seen before :) I hope you continue to have the success you had in the last one! I'm always in the chat room, and you should wander over and say hi sometime :) There's such an awesome group of people and a really strong net of support. 

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

thanks guys! I'll be on my way over to follow your threads shortly!

@Silkie  welcome back to a new challenge and I'm so glad my recipes were so popular! I'll have to post more of them for you guys :)

@Elastigirl I wholeheartedly agree. Acrobatics is quite awesome.

@italiansnowwhite I'll have to go and check that out.

****This is a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

Hello and welcome to the assassin guild! I am Nuala and I'm one of your guild leader. First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our guild as your first official one, it makes us really happy and proud. I really hope you will enjoy being with us and that you will find here all the support you need. 

What you need to know.

Whatever you do, remember that your challenge is your priority. Mini-challenges, guild activities, PVP are not mandatory. They are here for you to have fun, discover new exercises, have some friendly competitions but they must not hinder your progresses. If a mini-challenge seems too overwhelming for you, just don't do it.

Being here with us will give you access to many other not mandatory activities, aka:

Creative mini-challenge. The creative mini-challenge will start on Monday, January 6 and will last the whole challenge (aka 6 weeks). As the name may suggest, you will be asked to do some creative media according to a theme.

Participation in creative mini-challenges usually grant you +1 CHA if you decide to use the stat system.

Mini-challenges: Every other Mondays (usually), a new mini-challenge will be published. These one lasts one week and will ask you to do some special exercises. Each mini-challenge can reward you some stat points after completions. More information will be displayed in the mini-challenges threads!

PVP. PVP are competitions started by other members of the rebellion. If you enjoy measuring yourself to other, they may be the right thing for you. So, don't forget to check the PVP forum to find or even make your own PVP! Remember to read the rules though  :)

What I expect from you!

Consistency, awesomeness and regular updates. One update at the end of the challenge won't do, we want to be able to see you are still here with us. One Update a week is a minimum. More would be even better  :)

Don't stay by yourself. If you want people to follow your thread and support you, you may have to do the same. You will probably find many people who share the same goals as you, go visit their thread, cheer on them and they will probably do the same. 

Make sure you subscribe to the announcement thread:

http://rebellion.ner...ents-subscribe/

And if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list. 

Don't stay by yourself bis! The assassin's den is open to all, you have funny gifs to share, a story to tell, needs some advices or just want a place to chat? The Assassin's den is the place to go (also, we have corgis, ninja cats and killer sloth)!

http://rebellion.ner...n-general-chat/

What else?

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for the guild, feel free to send your guild leaders (Apfelstrudi, Vengefulpear, Nuala) a PM.

Sorry for the wall of text! I wish you luck for this challenge!  :D

****This was a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

• Like 2

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

@mat hatter, yeah! that's a great idea actually I'll video tape some of our dinking around tonight and then our more put together one in february and there should be lots of improvement! (it won't look as pretty as it will i april, but progress is progress)

How's it going, lady? :)

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

hey, sorry everyone, @snow white thank you for the reminder, I meant to post a humpday update but got caught up in acrobatics (which is totally fine by me I'd rather be tangled up in silks than sitting at a computer anyways)

but for you lovely, beautiful, attentive, audience of mine, I have this link from which you can view my daily workouts and the second page includes my nerdfitness grade sheet. (feel free to plagiarize if you like the format) so far this week I have a 92% which is AWESOME I'm totally on track, hitting the gym but I need to remind myself to never again place my rest day between chest and back day! I felt hunched up and uneven when i tried to relax... granted I knew i was going to be a little sore from getting back into shape, but that was just uncomfortable. back should be the very next day after chest in the future.

Also, it was very difficult to do silks much less acrobatics moves after the gym... I know I'll eventually see improvement, but I need to find a schedule which will allow my muscles time to recover before acrobatics days... possibly working out legs the previous day and resting the day of? still to be determined.

next week I can compare my routine to itself but for now I'll just post the moves and if you're curious you can check out that link I keep mentioning for numbers people. This workout follows the "built by science" workout on bodybuilding.com which I am doing with RancidPoptarts

Monday this week: Legs+yoga

Back squat

Romanian Deadlift

Weighted lunge

Single leg KB Deadlift

Tuesday: Chest+power yoga

Barbell Incline press

Dumbbell decline press

Push-up

Cable Flyes

(during yoga held the handstand portion for the full 5 "yoga seconds" which is really about 15 seconds..so yay! under pressure success!)

Wednesday: swimming + silk, static trapeze, acro practice

Thursday: Back

Chin-ups

One-Arm Dumbbell Row

Dumbbell incline Row

Face pull

I'm feeling pretty solid about the diet, though today i had a pretty terrible sweet craving but I bought some fruit for those. and I gave in on the almond butter as well (my poor weakness... I bought my January jar today and it's already 3/4 gone..)

My calipers arrived in the mail today... and I did my measurements but... according to the chart that means my bf% is 17.6-18.6?? that doesn't seem right because I look more like a 21% girl according to this.. but anyways I have logged it and will measure the same each week on humpday and see where that leads.

I've also been doing some progress on my poetry slam piece which has turned into two separate pieces now haha we'll see if either one of them will be ready for February's slam.

and there you have it folks, the belated humpday DynoBite!

p.s. i wanted to insert that one gif of bill murray stuffing his face from groundhog day.... but I can't figure out how.. if anyone wants to assist on that topic... please fill me in

Very cool!  Is that an established rigging point on the tree?

Just FYI, you may not be able to make progress with both reducing your weight and getting strong enough to base at the same time.  It's a bit of a paradox, it's hard to become a lot stronger, quickly while you're losing weight.  You might be better off alternating focus from one to the other.  

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

some silks practice tonight. fun :)

so beautiful! We have an ongoing PVP poses in unusual place thread, you should post that there too. That way more people can see the awesomeness

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/16638-poses-in-unusual-places/

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

@thatgirljj no, we just attach our carabiner/pivot point gear to webbing and sling that over the tree.

my goal is to gain strength, I just plan to monitor my body fat percentage on the side. not with much intent on changing it, but to see the way it changes during this challenge.

@elastigirl, ooh! cool! I'll do that!

END OF WEEK ONE UPDATE!!

hooray we made it to the end of week one! I felt pretty solid this week, the weekend was fun! I went camping with a big group for a friend's birthday and we went rock climbing and had an awesome beach gymnastics/stretching/handstand session in the morning. I got to play with a pole yesterday for the first time as well! I am going to work in one arm handstand shoulder shrugs and alternating grip pull ups into my warmup/cool down routine so I can work up to one day doing the human flag or iron cross... but that's another day!

here's the weekly!

workouts are here:

NFWEEK1

and scoring is here:

WEEK1scoring

Let's break it down:

Fitness: B

I made it to the gym every day except Saturday when we went rock climbing, silks and swimming, and I was supposed to do arms and abs that day which I just did a bunch of ab conditioning today to compensate (so next week I wont have scores to compare in that area, but that's alright)

last night I was going to go to the gym after acrobatics practice, but by the end of acro, I couldn't even put my leg locks on the silks. I've never experienced ALL of my muscles burning out this way before, but it felt great! in an impossible sort of way. It means I reached a limit and it's now a limit I can push! so next time I swim 2 miles, boulder for about an hour, do silks for two hours, then the next day go climbing for 4-5 hours, and acrobatics and more silks the following evening, I'll know what level of exhaustion I was at before and we'll see if I can exceed that! :D

Acrobatics: A

made it to all the acro practices and we have so much more stability and control in the poses that we do have. both of us have been conditioning with the same workout program and it's really paying off! It's easier for both of us in every aspect! I'm so excited to see what happens in the coming weeks to our abilities!

Food/eating: B

so it WAS a birthday party after all... and there was cake...so I used up my cheat days, but then the next morning we didnt have anything except leftover cake and hot dogs for breakfast. I skipped the cake, but I had to eat something... so processed hot dog meat it was. That's why I didn't get an A. But there's always next week!

Spoken Word: C

I didn't focus so much on this category this week, but I did make some progress on a few verses that actually go together, so there's that. I think the main thing is that I get too hung up on the perfect lyrics when I should just let it come out like a normal phrase and then rearrange the idea afterwards.

Total: B-

Overall this week was awesome. I'm getting back to work from Christmas break and I'm Loving the current schedule I have (which will be over Wednesday and then I go back to a random assortment of times during which I have to work) so I'll enjoy it while it lasts! I had so much play time I was able to completely forget I was ever employed. which is a pretty awesome feeling.  I'm satisfied with this week but I want to do better. I know I could have brought pre-cooked meat camping and I could fill up on my own food whenever.... I'd be a little weird, but I'm okay with that. If I had just abstained from the food entirely then I would have been starving and unable to fuel all the playtime so I'm not too ashamed, but I'll come more prepared next time.

onward to week two!!

Woooo a words goal! I love spoken word, congrats on your upcoming slam! I hope it will be recorded so we can see you read? *crosses fingers*

Also, damn, silks from a tree? You are too cool. Subbing this here thread for sure!

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

@Maxcurtis hey thanks! I plan on recording if I can ever finish this beast... I keep liking one verse and then going to a completely different topic haha. sadly ineffective. but we'll see! I'll keep working at it!

It's so awesome that we have established a whole new level of accountability. The better you and I get at acro, the better We get as a pair. I'm proud to have such a dedicated and motivating partner to work with. Let's keep the ball rolling. You know I'm here any time, especially if you need someone to remind you to pack a healthy snack on your next camping trip. Let me know if you want to get an extra workout in this week.

The outdoor silk set-up is pretty sweet!

Better Living through Reckless* Experimentation

*But well documented

it's great fun to play out there!

for the sake of really visualizing my personal silks progress, here's the video of some silks practice. as I learn more skills and smoother transitions I'll upload some more footage and it'll be ten times better (I hope)

it's great fun to play out there!

for the sake of really visualizing my personal silks progress, here's the video of some silks practice. as I learn more skills and smoother transitions I'll upload some more footage and it'll be ten times better (I hope)

I don't think you quite got that link to the video right.  It seems to be a link to drive, not to any drive content.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines