the slam summary! oh let me tell you how many times I went back and forth on whether I would read even at the gallery, but I thought about the article from last week and thought; well I didn't come here with my poem to go home with it unread. I mussed up a couple of times, but I felt better about it as I read. I know it's no where near the level that other poets were at, but hey! I slammed! so what up now world?!

here's the poem in all its glory, you'll have too just imagine the rhythm as I didn't record it. (sorry)

FEET

Feet are beautiful. Yes, your dirty messy feet.

Touch every surface you've ever gone.

on each set of stairs

leave breadcrumb trails for anyone who ever dares

follow.

They carry the stories in the grooves of your toenails, callus, smell

you're embarrassed by the volume but these are tales that feet will proudly yell

feet

planted at birth to grow roots in the earth.

Intertwined guaranteed to cause a panic should they ever be transplanted.

my feet,

instead of strong and deep, grow up and free towards air and sky.

I can’t recall a time when I

wouldn’t try

to change my

surroundings. Like a kid moves furniture to awake in a different space.  

I would fantasize this was a new and different place.

sometimes in silence, I hear a gentle whisper:

The stars tonight are loud,

The mountains shout their prideful size  

The sunset screams color a blaze across the skies.

The oceans roar in mighty rage

The grass beckons me to run

The trees will murmer

"turn the page, you may never find us but the search is half the fun"

I don't know if I'll ever stop following that sound.

perhaps my roots will never even get to reach the ground,

not many, as I understand, live their lives in transit

but then not many get to see the world and I don’t know how they stand it

I'd like to say that I will stay forever in this place.

Let my roots grow deep and weave into your world. But these places are far too complex for anyone to own.

I can never call just one place my home.

home is where the heart is.

Well if that's the case then I have many miles ahead, for my home has grown so large I'll cross an ocean to my bed

But though the land and seas will separate and time our ties dissolve. my heart is far from broken and there's nothing to resolve.

your feet plant firmly on the ground while mine turn slowly round and round

but Dangerous distance

Taunts those who listen

END OF WEEK FIVE UPDATE!!

Oh gosh, ladies and gentlemen, I have LANDED a front handspring ON the floor! woohoo! just gotta clean it up now, (it was bent knees and form was pretty bad) but all the same, I made it over!!! learning some more drops on silks, and a lot of flexibility progress for back and splits. there's cheater splits where your hips aren't square which i have on both legs, and in middle splits you can cheat by leaning forward a few inches for your belly to touch... so I have those again. but for back I can touch my head with mah feet yall! not in scorpian or anything, just on the backbend on the ground or on silks but still!

For these two achievements, you made it to the most wanted list! Congratulation :)

DinoBytes_wanted.jpg

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

For these two achievements, you made it to the most wanted list! Congratulation :)

DinoBytes_wanted.jpg

ah! no way! haha awesome! killin' it in the last week of the challenge! thank you thank you thank you!

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

I've been having way too much fun/busy the last few days haha. I had hoped I could have gotten a video or at least photos of rancid poptarts and my routine last night at acro, but we got rained out and she couldn't make it to the gym... oh well. I can still put up my wrap up and grading and all I will post a video or photos of our work on this thread soon though. likely wednesday and if not, then next sunday.

FINAL WEEK SCORING AND WRAP UP!

here's the weekly!

workouts are here:

WEEK 6 workouts Jan6-Feb 17 challenge

and scoring is here:

WEEK 6 scoring and final grade Jan6 Feb17 challenge

Let's break it down:

Fitness: B
once again missed the saturday workout... but I am satisfied with my workouts this whole challenge. I've seen a lot of improvements for sure. and I'm developing really good habits too

Acrobatics: A
piece of cake. I love acro.

Food/eating: B
valentines day... man... what a weakness.

Spoken Word: B
I already did my performance, but it was fun to revisit some of my other half finished pieces this week.

Total: B+
I am really happy with this week as well. I even got to get out on the water for some kiteboarding, but the winds were kind of crazy so I didn't  do too well... but the fun is the most important part :)

CHALLENGE WRAP UP:

STATS:

height: 5'3"

weight: from 134 on jan 6th to 138 feb 16th

body fat percentage: from 20.97% on jan 9th to 19.64% Feb 17th (likely to be inaccurate but I look better at least!)

waistline: 80-85 cm jan 6th to 79-83cm (this is flexed-relaxed measurements)

My goal is to be able to be able to base (in acrobatics this is the person supporting the person in the air) for my acrobatics partner for a fairly unique routine in which we play both flying and basing roles.
         we have practiced basing and flying in all of our routines extensively and we've both gotten stronger and more capable in all of our moves.
Reduce my body fat percentage

I've lost  approximately 1%? I used the skinfold method so it could be inaccurate...

Be able to lift my partner's goal weight (135) and then some for safety

this goal is going to be an overarching quest for the next few challenges... it's hard and I've made progress towards it but I"m not going to say I failed because I didn't achieve that ability yet.

prepare choreography for the Acrobatics routine

I wish i could post a video of the stuff we did! it's way cool now and we're continually adding stuff to it.

Goals:

1. Go to the gym and lift

77% C

I have been getting way stronger over the course of this challenge and I'm very happy with the visual results as well. I'm starting to get compliments from people on my strength which is very refreshing.

2. Practice Acrobatics

100% A

this was a piece of cake. I don't think I should make this a goal again. it's too easy because I love it so much!

3. Reduce intake of foods that fall outside of the Paleo diet to 3x week at most

97% A-

this was a hard earned one!

I'm very happy to see anything above a 90 in this category and I'm rather impressed with myself for the discipline I DID exercise. granted I wasn't perfect, but I did a dang good job if i do say so myself.

Life Quest: Finish at least one verse of spoken word each day

81% C+

there were days when this fell off as an unimportant thing on my to do list, but I'm happy with what I accomplished :)

*side thing that was a goal but not a graded thing* perform at a poetry slam on February 8th.

yup 100%

entire challenge grade!

DRUM ROLLLLLLLL

88%! B+!!

the entire workout and scoring results are posted here

Motivation success: I can say honestly and with confidence the following about myself...
I feel strong
I am able to assess my limits
I am confident in my ability to accomplish and perform

oh it'll happen very soon I hope. the video that is haha

how cool would it be to find some unknown sibling online somewhere and end up having the exact same interests. I think that'd be more than a little awesome.

Thank you, yes it was very rewarding for sure. I have the nf community to thank for the most success I have ever had with diet/exercise to date! So really, you were a big part of my success :) thank you!

As always, admirable record keeping. My next challenge will have an organizational component for the tail end of my last semester of school. I look forward to your next challenge!

Formerly "Silkie" the Level 3 Ranger - now respawning as "Arcanis" the Monk ...

First Challenge   Holiday Mini-Challenge   Second Challenge  Third Challenge (Incomplete) Fourth Challenge (Incomplete)

Post-Respawn:  Fifth Challenge

What a wrapup. =) Huge congratulations are in order! Haha. And especially well done on that front handspring - rarely does one land a first trick cleanly! The first time is just to know you can do it again, every other time is for cleanliness. =D

Also, way to go on the general feeling of it. Seriously. That's not only really motivating to read, but also really gratifying to hear. =)

*high five!*

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

@musasabi, thank you thank you! You're too kind :) I do appreciate your kind words. I'm really motivated for the next challenge. This whole community is really an inspiration and I'm very proud to be a part of it. I kept on trying that front handspring because I wanted to report back here that I did it finally! I really do owe you guys a big thank you!

thank you! oh and your patience shall be rewarded! but in the meantime;

everybody, I promised a little video clip of our routine we're making up (you won't find another one like it!)

and here is a tiny sampling. we are working towards cleanliness and the rest of the routine is on its way, but this is a cool little sequence we have built slowly but surely with much trial and error.

• Like 1

Ermahgerrrrrrrrrrd I love acro skills so damn much.

Very cool. Veeeeeeeeery cool. =D

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines