Skigh's War Journal

It is good to see you back!

Just remember work at creating the routines, the numbers will take care of themselves.

You can win the war.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Thanks guys!

I was hoping to go running today but went and helped a neighbor pack up their house and move. I wasn't aware that this neighbor was some kind of geologist. So the entire time I was there I was moving giant crates full of rocks. That's all I did. Moved rocks. You can imagine my surprise. And my workout!

• Like 2

Skigh

Asura Assassin / Level 2  / STR 2 / DEX 0 / STA 3 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 2

Current Challenge | War Journal | Challenge #1

I'm not doing any formal challenge but today I did start what I hope is the beginning of a great habit. Before I even went home I went to the gym. No room for distractions. Dedicated time for me to do whatever workout I want. This is something I hope to do 4 or 5 days a week. Can't do circuits on workout equipment since it gets taken almost as soon as you walk away, so I decided to do each workout as close to the bbww as I could. Which resulted in:

Interval running 10 Min (while watching Man of Steel on my phone)

3 x 10 Leg press (150 lb)

3 x 10 Shoulder press (150? or 100 lb). Can't remember.

3 x 10 calf extension (100 lb)   (not sure what to use to work what lunges would work)

Few minutes of an ab machine

I called it good after that. Just realizing I forgot dumbbell rows. And there wasn't any room to throw in some jumping jacks. I'll have to work it out. But if I do this 4 or 5 times a week. That is great!

Hope all of my NF friends are doing well. 

• Like 2

Skigh

Hooray for weight training while still sore!

5 min interval warm up on treadmill

3 x 10 leg extension 100 lb

3 x 10 chest press 80 lb

3 x 20 lunges

2 x 10 + 1 x 5 pull ups 120 lb (my weight of 220 - 100 lb assisted by the machine)

I think I gave my muscles plenty to think about for a few days. My triceps had so much to think about that I could not reach the back of my neck after this workout. Must be doing something right.

• Like 1

Skigh