exjamieus | The Good Fight Shelters In Place

exjamieus

Main Quest - Be in Bitchin' Shape for the NW

1238924_10202126994475315_2104434443_n.j

I still haven't made it back, but I've been turned down for jobs which is sorta like getting closer right?

Fitnessy Goals

1 - Remember how to go to the gym and then actually go. More than once. Minimum 3x week

2 - "Fake Breathing Yoga" -what I could call stretching yoga - ( I have the nicest friends) Every night before bed for minimum 5 min (realistically it'll always be like 20-30ish) 

3 - Track Meals - this is more about being aware of what I eat. If I need to track more than meals I can address that later. 

Destiny Goals

4 - Hard Stop - Figure out what my hard stop is for the E-Coast, hopefully my date will be before my roomie throws me out. 

UPDATE: You guys knew I drank a lot. What you didn't know was how much of that was tea and not alcohol (though sometimes it a combination of both). I'd say over my holiday I stayed up to at least 2am every night, 2/3rds of that was drinking alcohol and 1/3 was drinking tea. 

11820734433_aa1bc826e9.jpg

This is what my so called friends have done to me. The blue cup is hot water for the gaiwan, the little teal cup is from a set my bff's mom bought me forever ago, the clear cup is my shitty white jasmine. 

UPDATE: I brought  my new "travel thermos" in replacing my regular travel mug. It's great at keeping tea too hot to drink for hours but excellent at keeping hot water ready to brew tea with! Winning!! 

I may talk a lot about tea this challenge. I blew my entire tea budget in the last three weeks. I'm not allowed to buy nice tea again until next November. 

UPDATE: nothing stopping me from buying more shitty asian grocery store tea though. That's how I keep myself from drinking all my nice teas in a month. 

Human Warrior

And I just wrote "where is that long haired woman who was moving from the east coast to the west coast"!!  I should have mentioned you sooner!!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

hello!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

mmm tea.i want to go home and make some now.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I added my goals yesterday. 

I'm in, I need to learn more about tea.  

Well, I suppose you couldn't have picked a bigger tea nerd. 

Yay! You are back! :D

yup. 

Hey you live! 

Sure do!

I like me some tea. I'm not on your level though, I'm a beginner.

Well, we all start somewhere and be fairly warned it's hard to go back....

Hooray! You're here!

:-D

And I just wrote "where is that long haired woman who was moving from the east coast to the west coast"!!  I should have mentioned you sooner!!!

hmmm, not sure if that is awesome or cumbersome! Can't be poppin' into existence in what ever random place you mention me! 

hello!

hey babe!

I'm down for posts about tea. :)

That's cool. I just got myself a text book on tea, plus my friend got me some hardware so I'm going to have some fun. 

mmm tea.i want to go home and make some now.

I got to show a friend my hardware and tea collection last night. It was fun, she wasn't sure she wanted to know all that about me...

I'm getting my car tire fixed today so I should be comfortable driving across town to the gym tomorrow! Normally I would have no trouble just throwing the donut on as necessary but it was a wee bit cold this week. I kid you not, my roommate's dad got frost bite on his knee for doing exactly that on Tuesday. Nothing like being justified, but nonetheless yuck! 

Human Warrior

liking the goals. bummed about you being turned down for jobs. but proud that you're keeping on! when I moved back home, i was having no luck getting a full-time job. After months and month I finally gave in and got a part time job at the movie theatre... after I had completed my training there, I got offered a full-time job in my field. murphy's law, eh?

I'm getting my car tire fixed today so I should be comfortable driving across town to the gym tomorrow! Normally I would have no trouble just throwing the donut on as necessary but it was a wee bit cold this week. I kid you not, my roommate's dad got frost bite on his knee for doing exactly that on Tuesday. Nothing like being justified, but nonetheless yuck! 

wow! i can't believe that actually happened to someone. I'm sure it's happening a lot these past few days/week but I haven't heard of any instances until now. it always feels great to have a fixed car. i mean, your credit card doesn't feel great but - you know what I mean.

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Friday's Due Diligence Workout

1st workout of 2014 (unless you count hiking in WA) Regardless DOMS ensued. 

DLs

105lbs x 5 x 10

Squat

80lbs 5 x 10

Bench

55 x 5 x 10

OHP

bar x 5 x5

One of the gym guy's asked about the job interview. That was cool, though I had to tell him he wasn't rid of me yet.The week is catching up with me! Boo anxiety. Do wish I was back home.

Music: El-P C4C instrumental --> though the phone randomly switched to Dessa which is odd because it switched music programs to do so....

Saturday

I took a social personal day. It's my first weekend back from WA and my bestie/roomie is in Morocco for 1.5weeks.  :'( Got lots of things taken care of to prep for the "new" regular life launch. I sure spoiled myself over the holidays, playing house with all the people I love. Rather difficult to reestablish old DE habits. 

Sunday

Though speaking of old DE habits established long long ago, I woke up today not hungover so I went hiking. It was a bit chilly for the monster so she wore a hoodie my dog sitter gave her. 

View from the Pulpit

11919924573_b3ca6a0b55.jpg 11920095564_c86ebbd428.jpg

11920089884_928a24794d.jpg11919897443_15d14237d1.jpg

The monster and the obligatory "Pinnacle Selfie"

The Pinnacle in Berks County Park near Hamburg continues to be my favorite hike in PA both for the reward for ease (definitely an easy to moderately easy hike) and accessible to DE. I had a lot to think about today so I opted for the longer, 9 mile, loop. It was a little long for the monster, but it usually is. She fell asleep IN the parking lot before I put the car in gear. I LOVE her. 

Tea - I'm currently drinking a 'milk' oolong I got for Christmas.  For those of you not in the know, it's extremely fancy. Think a special bottle of Knob Creek or 4 Roses or something along those lines. I was extremely grateful to receive it because I never would have spent that much on myself. I'm steeping it in my "big" giawan, I figure it to be ~100mL. I have no idea what number I'm on, but it continues to have that strong 'dairy' flavor and very light delicate floral notes. It isn't usually what I look for in a oolong so I'm going to enjoy getting to know it very well over the year. 

Goal 1 - getting' started

Goal 2 - so very necessary 

Goal 3 - it's like riding a bike ( which according to my boss is also like heart surgery) 

Goal 4 - my crew sat me down and told me about the impending intervention when my roomie gets back. I appreciated the love and the kick in the pants. I started my spreadsheet, it was rather encouraging. 

Human Warrior

Something amazing happened this morning. 

Left: Silver Needles below, 3rd steep    Right: Silver Needles Jasmine (Yucky) Silver Needles (Mind Blowing) 

11928046536_51ab703329.jpg11928000514_9c174ed991.jpg

There is a very good scented tea called Silver Dragon Jasmine. It blows all other jasmine teas out of the water. It's so good that I don't drink jasmine green tea, jasmine green tea is my 'I'm out and need to order something at this restaurant/coffee shop' slumming it tea. I do drink a lot of crappy loose Asian grocery store jasmine tea because I can't afford to drink nice tea all the time. 

Anyway Silver Needles is a white tea and is rather pretty. I don't love it by itself but I also haven't dedicated much time to learning it. Partly because white teas worth the effort are somewhat expensive. Enter this gift of Silver Needles. It's probably close to two years old, I haven't tried to drink it because I've had my head up my ass. I've moved it twice intact and maybe have drank it twice.  

For going home over the holidays I bought myself what I thought was Silver Dragon Jasmine, partly to impress a boy at home, and partly because (at the time) I had plenty of $$ left in my tea budget and thought I'd be nice to myself. It was horrible. Beyond horrible. It upsets my stomach and is barely passable as a work tea. But since I'm trying to power through it I thought I'd bring in this old pouch of Silver Needles and power though that as well. 

Today I drank it. It was literally life changing and mood altering. 

I brewed it using my little gaiwan that I have at work, I was casual with the brewing time trusting myself to "go longer than usual." It was incredibly delicious. The scent is still deceptively simple "lightly floral, earthy, grassy" but the liquor was sweet and bold. I'm on my 5th steep, now slightly over caffeinated, clam, relaxed, joyful, ready to take over the world.  

Like the West Coast needs to wake up so I can talk about this to the people who will understand and are obligated by love to let me ramble. 

Also, I'm too wimpy to bike to work right now so I put in 30min on the treadmill this morning. Rather cathartic actually, will repeat until it's unnecessary. 

Human Warrior

love the hiking pics!! yay!!

i know nothing about tea but i'll let you ramble.

tumblr_m0v274keN11rn95k2o1_500.gif

Instagram | pinterest

So I'm curious, what kind of shoes do you use for hiking? I'm trying to get back into it (never really was to begin with, but I faked it well enough for the hills of the mid-atlantic).

Depends.

Over the holidays I wanted to go snowshoes in a badway, but since I was flying I would rather have taken my rain boots than my snowboots. I hate my snowboots. I bought classic Sorels during a bad/funk year. They are heavy, (properly sized) but HUGE, I can't heat them up, my feet slide around in them. I rather resent them. I did however put close to 20 miles on them in WA. The snow was too compact to warrant snowshoes. My current hiking boots are shitty Keens. I hate Keens also and will never buy another pair again. The Keens I have are not waterproof and have mesh, this was fine when I lived in MN and went to the Boundary Waters, but sucks for most other applications. Plus Keens fall apart immediately.

My next pair will be either a full leather boot or waterproof trail runners. Probably the trail runners because they're cheaper and more versatile but eventually I'll own both. 

Don't you live in DCish?  I'd go trail runners for Shenandoah / Harper's Ferry and most of the APT in our area. I do a lot of 'urban hiking' also and I'll use running shoes or sneakers for that. 

love the hiking pics!! yay!!

i know nothing about tea but i'll let you ramble.

tumblr_m0v274keN11rn95k2o1_500.gif

OH YES IT DOES

Human Warrior

I am near DC, but part of the reason why I need to get back into hiking is because I'm going to Denver and Vale this summer to experience real mountains.

Real Mountains are the shit. 

Audition two styles of boot then, the traditional over the ankle and then the trail runners I was talking about. Are you hiking or backpacking? If you are backpacking you may want the boots. If you are just going for long hikes, you'll probably appreciate the trail runners. It's definitely worth getting light shoes, a pound on your feet is like two pounds on your back. If you are an ultralighter then you probably want the trail runners. 

These trail runners are probably my next shoe  In a perfect world something like this would be my next. 

I wore these out in a month and returned them because Keens are shitty. But not before I bought Keen's version of these Merrell boots. 

Human Warrior

Yesterday

DL Monday

snatch grip

5 x 80 lb

5 x 100

5 x 120

Bear Complex 

Bar 

4 x 7 

Dumbbell pullovers

5 x hand

5 x 2.5 x 2 

Push ups

10 x 4

6  x 1 Cuz suck it

30min walk / jog

No eating of unknown Asian snack foods before gym

19h fast day. Anxiety and no perceived appetite blows. 

Music El-P then later 'Traveling Songs' mix 

Human Warrior

nice job!

Instagram | pinterest

Tuesday

Deload Bench

Bar x 5

50lbs x 5

60lbs x 5 

Jumping Pull ups

Neutral Grip 3 x 5 

Lunges? yes!

bar x 10

55 x 10

65 x 10 <-- good weight

good mornings

bar 5 x 3 (not sure why I'm not uber sore right now)

30min walk/jog (cuz it puts me in a better mood) 

Post British Pub food company dinner. British food has now surpassed American on the list of food's I'd rather not eat again. They thought salad was lettuce + dressing. 

I can straight up say that my mood, self esteem, stress, self worth is  tied to how tight  my hips are. As if sex wasn't motivation enough for staying flexible. 

Began my workout with an oddly motivational nice chit chat with another female gym regular during my jumping jack warm up. Amazingly uplifiting. 

Music: Shit! didn't write it down and now I can't remember. 

Human Warrior

Yesterday 40min walk/jog with the monster

My coworker came by with these inspirational quotes. BRING IT THURSDAY!!!!!!

"Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do" - Bruce Lee

"As you think, so shall you become" - Bruce Lee

Human Warrior

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines