Irishrage's Battle Log

Didn't work out yesterday as planned. I worked into the wee hours the night before and wound up getting only 4 hrs sleep. The plan was to work out after work, but it was a taxing day: busy at work, throw in a funeral, and the resulting urge to just spend time with the kids won out. The fatigue only exacerbated the issue, as I really didn't feel that I would have been able to push myself. No worries - I built a couple of "skip days" into my programming, and this was the last one (the program ends in 4 days). 

That being said, today's workout felt very strong, and I hit (what I felt to be) solid form throughout all of my deadlifts.

Friday's Workout:

ABBH Day 43:

Deadlift: 5 x 10 @ 150#

Weighted Russian Twist: 5 x 1 @ 25#

8,750# (+107%)

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

Good workout today. I've dropped the last two days of ABBH 1 in favour of starting ABBH 2. No big deal, as I'm straight into the same types of heavy lifts using the main push and pull exercises, plus a few more.

In order to get my mobility work in, I think I will start getting up at the same time every morning. I think it will give me the opening I need to fit that work in, and I also think my system will like the consistent wake time every day...

Today's Weights:

ABBH 2 Day 1:

Barbell Bench Press: 3 x 5 @ 150#

Decline Barbell Bench Press: 3 x 5 @ 140#

Incline face-down DB rows: 3 x 5 @ 50#@

Bent over BB row: 3 x 5 @ 130#

7,800#

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   

30%
30%

Missed logging Tuesday's workout, so will do it here.

Fighting through about day 3 of a sore throat, and trying to take enough care so as not to let it get too out of hand.

Up this morning and into the workout fairly effortlessly, although at about 3/4 of the way through I was hit with a small wave of nausea. Chalk it up to the slight head cold. After a few minutes rest and some more water I felt ok enough to resume, and would up knocking off the whole workout.  Boo, a - yah.

Tuesday's Workout:

ABBH 2 Day 3:

Barbell Romanian Deadlift: 4 x 12 @ 130#

Weighted Sit-up: 4 x 12 @ 5#

Standing Barbell Calf Raise: 3 x 12 @ 80#, 1 x 12 @ 90#

10,440#

Thursday's Workout:

ABBH Day 5:

Seated Military Press: 2 x 12 @ 60#, 1 x 10 @ 70#

Chin-up: 3 x 9 @ BW

Triceps Dip: 3 x 12 @ BW

Barbell Upright Row: 3 x 12 @ 40#

14,492#

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   

30%
30%

Good workout yesterday. I got to meet my good friend, the heavy squat, whom I haven't seen for a while. I was used to doing 5 sets of 5 during SL, but this program had me doing 6 set (not quite as intense, since I'm only squatting once every 8 days).

Sunday's Workout:

ABBH, Day 7

Barbell Squat: 6 x 5 @ 200#

Stability Ball Weighted Sit-up: 6 x 5 @ 25#

Seated Calf Raise: 2 x 5 @ 120#, 2 x 5 @ 160#, 2 x 5 @ 200#

11,550#

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   

30%
30%

You may have noticed that it's been a while since I've posted. Shortly after my last few posts here, my get-up-and-go got up and went.

Simply put, life got busy, and I neglected to plan. Once I forgot to plan, much of what routine fell apart on its own. My focus weakened. Blah blah blah.

I learned a very demotivational lesson here - success is not automatic.

Some small components of it are, but I must consciously plan for success. I got too cocky, was buoyed by a few promising successes with my tracking and diet and exercise, and then just assumed I had it all licked and could wing it during a busy phase (the few months where the kids' sports and wife's work expand to fill the week). In retrospect, that ship didn't even make it out of port. Ugh.

So. It's a bit too late in the current challenge for my liking, but I'm going to do my own mini-challenge. No points awarded, just goals. Simple goals to get me back on track:

Longish term goal: Lose 7 lbs in 4 weeks.

This time of year is my super active season (running, cycling to work and bodyweight exercises - YAYOG - 4x a week), so there isn't a better time to be at a calorie deficit. From there I'll try to maintain until September, after which I'll turn to a bulk.

To get those 7 lbs, here are my goals:

1. Track everything in MFP.
  2. Keep under my calorie goal (2200).
  3. Hit 120g of protein a day.

I'll pay attention to the motto I have in my sig line: Preparation, Focus, Discipline (I think what bugs me the most is that I specifically singled those traits out as ones I wanted to master, and then seem to have specifically ignored them. Well, like they say, fall down seven times, get up eight...).

Every day I will report here. Somedays it'll be short and sweet, others it might be a long rant.

See you soon.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   

30%
30%

Well, why not log the work then?

Day 6 of YAYOG 1 Class program:

Back Lunges: 33 / 36 (92%)

One-Legged Romanian Deadlifts: 25 / 36 (69%)

Toyotas: 40 / 36 (111%)

Hyperextensions (hands at sides): 66 / 36 (118%)

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   

30%
30%