GoodDoug: Enemy of the Corruptor Act 3 - This time, its personal

GoodDoug

Wow wow wow! 

SWOON.gif

A fantastic A++++ week and all your self discoveries written out in challenge theme story!     Awesome work GoodDoug!

Sports tournament weekends are the worst!   Do what you can to mentally prepare and /practice/ your thoughts and choices before you go up there.   Maybe bring a cooler of good healthy snacks you really like, so that you can look forward to those instead of typical tourny food.    Continuing to inspire me here!   Keep it up!

Oh, can you share the link or full name of that Lift app you mentioned?  I'm looking for something to add to my gimmick list.

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Thanks guys!

Starpuck, here is the iPhone app link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lift/id530911645?mt=8

The current iteration of the app is really good. The best way to use it is to put in daily habits you want to build and go, it's working well for me so far.

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Week 3.

My old nemesis, we meet again.

I had you head locked in a submission hold... ready to smash you through the plate glass window that is a NF challenge.

Then...

Then you pulled out your secret weapon, Rhinovirus!

So, my sinuses are like a faucet right now. And my head is pounding like crazy... but I managed to get in my handstands, planks and pull-ups. 

Week 3, I will beat you.

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

I am planning a cermonial fire to KILL all the rhinovirus/cold/creepy crud tomorrow...

will include your name in the dance :D

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Holy moly that's hard core.  The absolute LAST thing I would want to do with angry sinuses... is handstand practice.   

Well done.

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

so close to the end of the week! hang in for just a few more days and you'll have completely crushed it!!

p.s. hope you feel better soon! that does not sound like a good time... 

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Shantrix the necromancer struggled to maintain her composure. The half ogre had fooled them again. She thought she had him trapped in the town hall of this new village, but when they had broken through, he was nowhere to be found. The villagers that were left had not seen him come through as she had expected. She had also expected Sauren, another necromancer skilled in flesh manipulation to meet her here. The Corruptor was present, but silent. 

"Where is Sauren?" she said out loud, not for the first time that day. The Corruptor's formless presence finally spoke to her.

"Sauren is destroyed, by GoodDoug the half ogre." He showed her Sauren's last moments through the necromancer's eyes.

The half ogre had laid a trap for the necromancer. Shantrix was not surprised, his knowledge of necromancy was great, but his strategic thinking was severely lacking. Sauren had three brutes, which would have been enough protection from anyone other than GoodDoug. The half ogre came into view, and attacked one brute. Dodging the brute's grip, the half ogre ran around to another brute, using the brute's numbers against them. Shantrix watched through the necromancer's eyes as GoodDoug carefully sliced the tendons on each brute, slowing them enough so he could get to Sauren.

GoodDoug paused, sword upraised, "Tell them I'm waiting for them at Devlin's Hollow."

The sword came down and the vision ended.

The Corruptor gained still more form, Shantrix could make out a vaguely humanoid shape of dark green swirling mist, "Shantrix, call the others, tell them to come to us at Devlin's Hollow as quickly as they can. They will meet their new master there."

There were 6 necromancer's other than Shantrix left. The half ogre had killed two already, and would have killed her, but he had let her live. She was starting to worry that he had been planning on her trying to lead him. That her connection to his psyche somehow allowed him to access her as she had been able to access him. It was a risk, calling back the necromancers as they were gaining ground in the fight against the guilds.

"Master, he is planning a trap for us there."

"I know, but his confidence is his weakness now. He thinks he is strong enough to defeat us in a place of purity."

"Master, what if he is strong enough?"

"You cannot defeat corruption, no one can defeat me. I will always be."

GoodDoug reiterated to the Scout what was needed, "Make sure the word gets out to the other guilds. I need all of them to head off any necromancers that are heading to Devlin's Hollow. If they can keep them off of me, I might have a chance. And if I fall to the Corruptor, that will be their best chance to destroy me."

The Scout nodded, stretching before he ran off to deliver the message. This half ogre had saved him earlier by taking out a necromancer that had cornered him. GoodDoug had maneuvered the necromancer and his brutes to let him escape and had then killed them. The Scout owed him at least this much.

"Good hunting Ranger, remember that your training will be your best defense."

GoodDoug nodded as the Scout turned and ran off. He had been doing well until a few days ago. He could feel Shantrix trying to get into his head, trying to push him to go to the town he had seen on the horizon. She had also sent a thrall, posing as a villager asking for help. He had "promised" the villager he would come and help, and had set off in that direction. But he had also heard about this other necromancer concentrating on taking out Guild members, he had just finished taht necromancer and his three brutes, saving this scout. The effort to turn aside from the village that Shantrix and the Corruptor were leading him to made him physically sick. But he pressed through. He wouldn't fight them on their terms, the fight would be on his terms this time. 

==

Diet:

Did well this week. Had one off day when I was feeling really yucky, but minimal damage. With that day I was still well within the 85% compliance I am shooting for. I feel so much better when I'm eating better. I just have to remember that... A for the week.

Discipline:

Did really well here. I missed planks one day, but otherwise hit all my discipline marks. I'd like to start doing these more than once a day to really build up my strength/ability, but I'm going to be happy with what I am doing now. A for the week.

Maintenance:

Got my 2 runs in (despite the raging cold) and did the one weight training. Pushed myself nice and hard for that one. Feels good... I need to remember that and push myself hard every couple of weeks. I'm calling an A on this one. 

Gardening:

Doing really well. My seedlings are looking good, and I have an idea for what i'm going to do for my new garden beds. I'm hoping to get to that this week. I'll need to fertilize my seedlings now, and get the beds ready.

I got a cold midway through the week, and thought it was going to really throw me off, but I've managed to come out of it in pretty good shape. 

Healers Brigade

Current

when you find yourself in a situation when all you want is comfort, like when you have a cold, and you keep going with your workout and your diet... i think that's the true test of your discipline. at least for me it is. haha i would have been curled up in my bed with a can of ginger ale and a big grilled cheese sandwich, watching TV. but you're even running outside still! that is serious commitment. and that is awesome. good on ya!

level 4 elf ranger

Thanks guys!

And I have to sheepishly admit that running outside where in January where I live isn't that impressive right now. We get colder highs in July and August than we've had here this January. (75 and 80 in January? Not cool, man)

I'm feeling much better, and I've done my lifting this morning. My knee felt a little twingey on my squats, so I wisely didn't finish those. Only 2 sets of 10 at 135 when I wanted to do a third set at 155. So I did arms and chest. I think I'll try and work a bit more on stretching and mobility and hope that helps it. My knees have been pretty good for many years, so I feel confident they'll be okay.

Healers Brigade

Current

GoodDoug the half ogre waited. Patience and discipline. He ate cleanly and went over his training, practicing what he had been taught. Strength of arms would be needed, but strength of mind was more important. What he was planning was dangerous, but he had an idea of the Corruptor's plans and how he could be defeated.

Shantrix the necromancer was worried. She had avoided contacting the half ogre. She had also avoided the Corruptor, he was now almost fully corporeal, and looked like a caricature of the half ogre. They were near Devlin's Hollow, waiting for support form the other necromancers... but they hadn't shown up.

The Corruptor spoke, this time with a voice rather than directly into her thoughts, "The others are not coming, they are engaged with the Guilds."

"Master, should we go and help them? We have an army of undead at our disposal here," Shantrix was afraid to admit how nervous she was about confronting GoodDoug.

"No, if they cannot survive the Guilds, they are not strong. The time to attack is now."

GoodDoug saw the undead coming, a massive wall of zombies and skeletons shambling in a parody of a military formation towards the hollow. His instinct was to rush out to meet them, but he chose to wait, chose to let them come to him. 

He had chosen this spot because it was sacred to the forces of life and was a place of purity. The Lady of the Woods had lived here once and he hoped she would lend him some of her strength and healing powers. He hadn't known it then, but he had fought the Corruptor before, at the request of the Lady. He had planted a seed of Hope in a place of despair. He had to believe there was a seed of Hope inside of him, all he could do is cultivate and believe it would grow and strengthen him. 

The zombie attack was designed to tire him out, to get him physically and emotionally exhausted. GoodDoug fought intelligently, conserving his strength. In one hand he weilded his shiny sword, in the other a sturdy club he had fashioned while waiting. Soon he developed a rhythm, almost dancing through the undead. But always, he stayed within the Hollow.

Shantrix gave the last of the instructions to the Brute, "Watch out for the sword, he will try to draw you in so he can cut off hands or sever leg tendons. You must tire him out." She looked at the bastard sword in his hand, it looked comically small in his oversized grip, "Now go, we won't be far behind you."

The brute crouched low, and loped towards the half ogre. 

GoodDoug saw the brute, he knew it was close to the end now. The important thing was to end the brute before the Corruptor and his necromancer came in. Rather than wait this time, GoodDoug surged forward. He would need to abandon his recent tactics against the brutes and resort to the thing that had worked in the beginning. The brute, sensing a trap paused and started circling, trying to keep the higher ground. GoodDoug feinted to the left, but the brute didn't fall for it. So GoodDoug charged forward, club held high. The brute ignored the club and swatted the half ogre's sword away and out of GoodDoug's hand. But instead of falling back as expected, GoodDoug leapt forward. The brute grabbed hold of GoodDoug, dropping the sword, determined to squeeze the life out of this half ogre. GoodDoug felt his ribs cracking and gasped for air, but was able to lift the club high and bring it down on the brute's comically small head with tremendous force.

Shantrix saw the brute drop, it's head caved in. She hadn't expected that. But, she saw GoodDoug stumble and gasp for air. They might have him weakened enough now. She and the Corruptor came forward. The zombies had stopped attacking, the Corruptor was holding them back now, he'd need them when he was done with the half ogre.

GoodDoug stood up slowly, everything hurt, but he was ready for what was coming next. He looked for his sword, but couldn't get to it before the Corruptor was upon him. The necromancer put a spell of binding on his arms and legs, immobilizing him. The Corruptor was fully corporeal now. "You are mine."

GoodDoug felt the darkness enveloping him. The Corruptor was possessing him. He held on to that small seed of Hope as he left his senses. 

===

Ooooo! The story gets good!

Diet:

Mostly good, until Saturday. But, I had planned for having a bad day then. We had some friends over for brunch. They are foodies like us and so I made an awesome quiche and some incredible mini apple pies. I made the crusts myself and they turned out pretty well considering it was only my second time making crusts from scratch. I ate too much, but really enjoyed it. Giving myself a good, solid B+ for the week and have no regrets.

Discipline:

Almost. I did really well most of the time, but got distracted a couple of days. This coming week will be even more difficult, so I need to stop making excuses. B for the week.

Maintenance:

I got one run and one weight lifting session in. Again with the excuses for not running, so I'm giving myself a C for the week on this. I can do better, but it will be tough this week. 

Gardening:

Surprising that I was able to keep up with this. My starts are doing well, and I may need to move them into the garden beds this coming weekend. If I do, then I can start a new set of seeds. Also ordered a few more seeds and seed potatoes this week so on track. 

All told, this week could have been better, and this coming week is going to be tough as I need to go into the office every day but Wednesday, whcih means leaving the house at 6am and getting home at 8pm. Couple that with the free food choices at work and I have all sorts of excuses ready. But, I have that seed of hope inside of me. I know I can defeat the Corruptor.

Healers Brigade

Current

Ooooh nooo GoodDoug!   Fight him off, fight him off!

Very much enjoying the story!   He was doing very well, and I have a feeling he's not done in yet.  Can't wait to see more unfold.

You seem like you had a pretty good week, and even though it wasn't straight A's, you sound like you planned for the specialty moments and aren't letting them get you down.   That's awesome.

Also.  Foodies are awesome.  Because FOOD is awesome.  :D

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

oh man, that cliff hanger!!! gotta know what happens! [if i know anything about GoodDoug, i'd bet on a happy ending with the Corrupter being defeated, though.  ;) ]

you've got your head on straight in regards to this past week and you're prepared for this coming week. i have every confidence in you. just remember what your true priorities are, set yourself up for success, and say "no" to the temptations that hinder your goals.  :) and remember that you deserve better than junk food!

level 4 elf ranger

I hope you are keeping your updates in a file somewhere... I think this is an awesome story that would be cool to read in its entirety!!!

b's and a c and no regrets... that's amazing :D

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thanks guys. I do have the Corruptor acts all on one drive here. I need to refer back to previous ones when writing a new one.

Monday went okay, lots of stress from work and home, but I am taking it in stride. I want to do some running tonight and lifting tomorrow, but not sure how to fit it in with this crazy week. I'll think of something.

Healers Brigade

Current

Yes, I'm still here. I owe you all the end of the story. I'll get to that today. Got sidetracked and am about to go out for a run. Don't miss me too much.

Healers Brigade

Current

I put off reading this for like two hours... because I thought the update from you was going to be the final story and I wanted to be able to enjoy it... 

sigh

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines