Simon's Battle Log

Yeah, they say that even some cramps are possible when starting this exercise.

Fortunately I can do almost full range properly, thanks to genetics probably because I surely did absolutely nothing for the last 15 years or so before starting the exercising few months ago...

Man, you're lucky. I love wall slides, one of the best things I've ever done for my shoulders was hammering away at them 6 days a week for this past month. I've never seen DeFranco's Simple 6 but wall slides are top of my list for helpful mobility exercises.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Man, you're lucky. I love wall slides, one of the best things I've ever done for my shoulders was hammering away at them 6 days a week for this past month. I've never seen DeFranco's Simple 6 but wall slides are top of my list for helpful mobility exercises.

It is amazing how all those muscles can be felt working during such simple movement.

Some great stuff can be found in bodyweight exercising. I love that... there is always something different to try, whether new exercise or another variant of old exercise :)

• Like 1

Man this week is a big pile of suck for me. I need to get myself out of this funk as soon as possible. My progress is going to be stalled on bench I guarantee it. As long as I can get 2 sessions in on the big three this week it won't be a total loss at least.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Got back in the gym today and felt pretty good. I almost feel like I'm cheating when I don't go to the gym for 2 days, eat like crap, and nearly pr. Really though it's just the extra rest but it still feels like cheating. Next workout will hopefully be saturday for squats and deadlifts although I may have to push that back to sunday.

• Like 2

Absolutely! I'm just not going to worry about it. The theme I'm going with this year for myself is forgiveness. I can be VERY hard on myself for even small things and is likely one of the causes of my depression so this year I'm making it a point to forgive myself of any and all mistakes in the past and any I'm yet to make. I already feel like a weight is starting to come off of my shoulders. I might be strong on the outside but I'm a complete noob when it comes to mental health.

• Like 2

Absolutely! I'm just not going to worry about it. The theme I'm going with this year for myself is forgiveness. I can be VERY hard on myself for even small things and is likely one of the causes of my depression so this year I'm making it a point to forgive myself of any and all mistakes in the past and any I'm yet to make. I already feel like a weight is starting to come off of my shoulders. I might be strong on the outside but I'm a complete noob when it comes to mental health.

I hear you there. I find my logging helps me with it. Forcing myself to admit my mistakes also forces me to confront them and let them go. It's a weird mental trick, but it somehow feels like I've processed them more powerfully when I write them down and say "I did X and it was actually okay, didn't screw me up for life."

Keep up the log, you're doing awesome, taking a couple days off really doesn't matter in the big picture.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin

Simon: Way go to get back into it! I'm experiencing a lull myself and reading this has definitely increased my excitement about getting back in the game. It's hard to do, but the best choice possible. Great job and thanks for the encouragement :)

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Took an even bigger step today by emailing a therapist. It's about time I slay depression once and for all.

That's awesome, way to go. I wish you luck in finding someone you enjoy working with. The right therapist can help out immeasurably.

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin

Got back in the gym today. 6 total sets on bench press. Nothing crazy I was just putting up numbers for the competition plus my strength was down a bit. Didn't feel that great this weekend so calories were low. Made this much more of a grind than it should have been but I hit my goal wilks so I'm good.

305(fail)

I'm thinking of switching from weights back to bodyweight exercise. It's been a while and bodyweight has been calling my name lately.

• Like 1

Highest ever was 315. I'm close again and minus all protein supplements and creatine but the motivation just isn't there right now. Bodyweight stuff will transfer back to the bench pretty well when I decide to go back. I'm still in decision mode but if I've been considering it for this long it means I'll do it as soon as I stop dragging my feet.

• Like 1

Rocked it bodyweight style today. No plan really, I'll definitely have to work on that.

2 sets of can openers ~5 sec each side

1 set 5 pull ups

1 set of can openers

1 set of 5 pull ups

1 set of can openers

1 set of 5 chin ups

1 set of 5 wide grip pull ups

4 sets of handstand push ups, hands on 3 plates, 10,8,10,8 reps

2 sets of 15 diamond push ups

Workout finished about 2 hours ago, all numbers are what I remember lol. Can openers are extremely difficult. I definitely underestimated them. Also felt the middle of my back working which was new. Usually it's upper or lower. Will definitely keep working on those I want to be able to do front levers like a boss. Should probably ask Waldo about programming as well.

• Like 1