• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Tenacious Test of Toughness 2014!

Someone wrote over my numbers with their own but left my name, etc. Whoever it is, I'm just going to move your numbers into a blank space and put a question mark for the name if you want to claim it.

my gluteus medius hates me... went ping when i went for 195kg deadlift, no 1000lb club AGAIN!

also 7TH!!!!!!! in the deadlift!!!!!!! THE SHAME!!!!!!!!

EDIT: correction, my chiro tells me it's the minimus, a deep tissue massage and a chiro appointment has made it manageable and took my mind off my niggly elbow :P

my gluteus medius hates me... went ping when i went for 195kg deadlift, no 1000lb club AGAIN!

also 7TH!!!!!!! in the deadlift!!!!!!! THE SHAME!!!!!!!!

7th out of 32 is pretty damn good.

damn didn't realize this was already here- which is wildly amusing since I knew Mir was leaving last week. 

Sigh. I'm having the worlds WORST bulk every.  I might go and see what the lifts are like at this point- but I am certainly not holding my breath... not really worth entering. 

I'm a sad panda. 

everyone's looking great though!!! Seeing some FB pictures. WOOT WOOT. Video's are fab also- Love watching ya'll WERK!

• Like 1

Got mine done last night. Overall, pretty much what I expected. I'm happy with the squat - I put 70kg on the bar a couple of weeks back and thought "how the f*ck am I ever going to squat that", so I must be making progress. I knew my bench would be weak. I train at home, and don't have my new rack yet, nor did I have somebody to spot for me. So I had to do weights which I knew wouldn't lead to the roll of shame :) On my deadlift I ran out of weight - I could have pulled more, but there wasn't any more to add! Need to get some 25kg plates. 

Squat:  

Lift 1 - 65kg

Lift 2 - 70kg

Lift 3 - 75kg

Bench:

Lift 1 - 45kg

Lift 2 - 50kg

Lift 3 - 55kg

Deadlift:

Lift 1 - 80kg

Lift 2 - 90g

Lift 3 - 105kg

So overall quite happy. It'll be interesting to see how these compare to next time around.

Cheers

Karl

Wow.  That Texas meet must have been crazy.  Awesome stuff nerds.  Good to see a bunch of strong ass nerds throwing the iron around.

Got mine done last night. Overall, pretty much what I expected. I'm happy with the squat - I put 70kg on the bar a couple of weeks back and thought "how the f*ck am I ever going to squat that", so I must be making progress. I knew my bench would be weak. I train at home, and don't have my new rack yet, nor did I have somebody to spot for me. So I had to do weights which I knew wouldn't lead to the roll of shame :) On my deadlift I ran out of weight - I could have pulled more, but there wasn't any more to add! Need to get some 25kg plates. 

Squat:  

Lift 1 - 65kg

Lift 2 - 70kg

Lift 3 - 75kg

Bench:

Lift 1 - 45kg

Lift 2 - 50kg

Lift 3 - 55kg

Deadlift:

Lift 1 - 80kg

Lift 2 - 90g

Lift 3 - 105kg

So overall quite happy. It'll be interesting to see how these compare to next time around.

Cheers

Karl

Way to go, Karl!Get a couple 25kg plates and a spotter and I'll bet that you will pass 300kg next time.

Er. Mah. Gerd.

Somehow I am in tenth place for total. And I guess I am somewhat well-rounded because I got 12th in each event.

I am mega super excited about this fact.

Wow.  That Texas meet must have been crazy.  Awesome stuff nerds.  Good to see a bunch of strong ass nerds throwing the iron around.

It was nuts! And inspiring. A great mix of newbies and old hats to lifting. And hey, we got the exact same total!

Er. Mah. Gerd.

Somehow I am in tenth place for total. And I guess I am somewhat well-rounded because I got 12th in each event.

It was nuts! And inspiring. A great mix of newbies and old hats to lifting. And hey, we got the exact same total!

*pouts* ;P

Er. Mah. Gerd.

Congratulations!

I'm a bit pleased myself. 

Ok, so I just finished up my sets and I couldn't be happier. I made every lift.  I enlisted our local body builder and power lifter for guidance and spotting, which was well worth it.  Prior to this I have been doing high volume workouts so my first attempts were my previous PRs with 3-10 reps.  The exception being deadlifts where my PR was my second attempt.  Working on form for the first 8 or so weeks has really paid off.

Without delay.

Squat(lbs)   200   230   240

Bench (lbs)   200   210   225

Dead(lbs)   365   385   405

Press(lbs)   095   135   145 

I looked at the spreadsheet last night and my numbers are wrong. Not sure if someone typed theirs in the wrong place or what. My bench and squat best were 170 lbs, or 77.2 kg, and the dead lift was 235 lbs, or 106.7 kg. Am I able to make corrections? It is not a big deal, but it would get me out of 32nd place. :)

I looked at the spreadsheet last night and my numbers are wrong. Not sure if someone typed theirs in the wrong place or what. My bench and squat best were 170 lbs, or 77.2 kg, and the dead lift was 235 lbs, or 106.7 kg. Am I able to make corrections? It is not a big deal, but it would get me out of 32nd place. :)

You can make corrections. We had a mass amount of editing over the weekend, so someone may have hit your numbers by accident. 

4 more days. Who else do we have planning to compete?

Also, remember that if you compete in this you do not have to post PRs to the lifting leaderboards. I'll be updating them all as needed from the numbers posted in this competition.

Also, remember that if you compete in this you do not have to post PRs to the lifting leaderboards. I'll be updating them all as needed from the numbers posted in this competition.

My name's on the sheet but haven't done my attempts yet. I'm planning Saturday after some good rest..

Funny thing.. I posted about my squat PR before I discovered this lol. I'm hoping to get a new PR Saturday!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm still planning to compete! Will be on Sunday Aussie time :)

On my phone. Forgive the short post!

Did mine this morning.  Feel pretty good about it since I am a newb to this.  All values are in pounds.  Set PRs in all lifts.

Squat:  

145 - FAIL

Bench:

Deadlift: