• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Tenacious Test of Toughness 2014!

Yeah, you guys are awesome. I thought getting to 665 to catch Spezzy on DL was going to be my biggest challenge, but I think the 380 I need to catch Simon on bench is going to be way harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you guys are awesome. I thought getting to 665 to catch Spezzy on DL was going to be my biggest challenge, but I think the 380 I need to catch Simon on bench is going to be way harder.

it'll take me years to catch up with the leaders...

but... I WILL!!!

You can count on my bench going up :)

You can count on my bench going up :)

just like spezzy's DL and Chairohkey's squat. I'll reassess once I hit the goals. The squat should happen this year, but I'll need at least 2 to catch you or spezzy's current numbers.

just like spezzy's DL and Chairohkey's squat. I'll reassess once I hit the goals. The squat should happen this year, but I'll need at least 2 to catch you or spezzy's current numbers.

A 665 deadlift would be absolutely insane.

• Like 1

I just want to drop 30 lbs.  If I can maintain my lifts but drop from 215 to to 185...  just doing that gets me a 20 point jump in Wilkes.  

I understand the concern about Wilks but everyone should just focus on getting stronger. You'll do more to improve your Wilks by adding plates to the bar then dropping lbs on the scale. In competition Wilks only comes to play if there's a tie within a weight class and when determining an overall "Best Lifter". In almost all cases whomever lifts the most wins.

• Like 1

Yeah, we have fun with Wilks here because we don't deal in weight classes. The only reason to drop weight for most here is to get to a healthy body fat percentage, not Wilks. It's the only reason I'm doing it, to look good naked. Get to a healthy body fat level, then just get stronger.

• Like 1

The competition is over! Congratulations to the new Nerd Fitness Powerlifting Champions!

Chairohkey is the new NF Squat Champion with a Wilks score of 141.28! Second and third were Ancalagon the Black at 139.97 Gainsdalf at 115.99.

The new NF Bench Champion is Simon at 100.96! Second and third were Chairohkey at 94.19 and Gainsdalf at 79.50.

The new NF Deadlift Champion is Spezzy at 176.60. Second and third place were Chairohkey at 152.05 and Ancalagon the Black at 150.47!

Finally, the new NF Powerlifting Champion is Chairohkey with a Big 3 Wilks of 387.5. Second place was Ancalagon the Black at 367.42. Third was Spezzy at 367.15.

Lots of fun guys! The next competition will be toward the end of May.

what about the snatch champion!?!?!

I understand the concern about Wilks but everyone should just focus on getting stronger. You'll do more to improve your Wilks by adding plates to the bar then dropping lbs on the scale. In competition Wilks only comes to play if there's a tie within a weight class and when determining an overall "Best Lifter". In almost all cases whomever lifts the most wins.

Yeah, we have fun with Wilks here because we don't deal in weight classes. The only reason to drop weight for most here is to get to a healthy body fat percentage, not Wilks. It's the only reason I'm doing it, to look good naked. Get to a healthy body fat level, then just get stronger.

What's Gainsdalf said.  I'm overweight.  Been on a binge since I completed the Tough Mudder in July when I was ~200lbs.  Now I'm up ~220lbs and I'd wager maybe 5 of those 20 were muscle.  Losing 30 lbs for me won't be hard if I just focus on my diet for a month or two.  And I doubt that it will really affect my numbers.  We'll see though. 

Weight classes are far less fun though. There would only be a couple people at each level.

Which is why we don't do them.

Read the rules. Comp is for big 3 only. I only allow the Oly lifts out of the kindness of my heart so you won't feel ostracized. :wink:

What's Gainsdalf said. I'm overweight. Been on a binge since I completed the Tough Mudder in July when I was ~200lbs. Now I'm up ~220lbs and I'd wager maybe 5 of those 20 were muscle. Losing 30 lbs for me won't be hard if I just focus on my diet for a month or two. And I doubt that it will really affect my numbers. We'll see though.

same situation here. Losing weight is no fun. I like eating all the things.

Read the rules. Comp is for big 3 only. I only allow the Oly lifts out of the kindness of my heart so you won't feel ostracized. :wink:

I'd wager nightlight just wanted to type the phrase "snatch champion".  #DirtyWeightLiftingHumor

• Like 2

Just as an FYI, I'm working on moving these values over into the Lifting Leaderboards.  Squat should be 90% done and I'll get to the other lifts in the next week or so.

I don't know who 'Greg', 'Clawed_Bear', or 'Bluecheeze' are.  Everyone else should have their Squat value entered into the Squat Leaderboard.  If anyone can point me to the those member accounts, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!