The Tenacious Test of Toughness 2014!

well... I have zero hope whatsoever of winning... but I think it will be cool to compete

does the spreadsheet automatically calc the wilks thing?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

then I am totally down for it!!! 

assuming this stupid foot injury allows me to squat and deadlift... walking this week has been difficult enough... sigh

and I just made 90# for my bench so I feel all awesome and everything :)

and this is a regular thing right? so I can keep getting more awesome and then actually maybe win eventually :)

although I will beat myself every time ;)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

then I am totally down for it!!! 

assuming this stupid foot injury allows me to squat and deadlift... walking this week has been difficult enough... sigh

and I just made 90# for my bench so I feel all awesome and everything :)

and this is a regular thing right? so I can keep getting more awesome and then actually maybe win eventually :)

although I will beat myself every time ;)

Yup three times a year we do this. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

awesome

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Oh, right, this is where I make the spreadsheet. 

Gimme til tonight. 

I didn't actually ask Seth to make the spreadsheet, I just put it in the original post that it was his responsibility to see how long before he noticed.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm definitely ready to crush a 1xBW bench. XD That'll still be a PR, though, no doubt!

• Like 1

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Put me on there!

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

On it. =)

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Not a whole lot of you signed up, as of now. Get to it.

yes sir

plan on doing my lifts on the 30 or 31 of Jan :)

Spoiler

Oh well... my Squat number might beat my DL number with that news. Haha...

Use mixed grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

Have been.  Even with it, my grip has been failing up towards my PR.  Just gotta keep working on Grip.  

Yep. Squeeze the shit outta that bar. The only thing I use straps for are shrugs.

500 / 330 / 625

Deadlift double overhand (DOH) for as long as you can when you deadlift, only then should you switch to alternate, i've managed to DOH 87% of my 1RM doing this, i'd be surprised if most people (due to a lack of willingness to put up with lower weights and making the whole thing harder) could do 70% (FYI not egotistical just what i've experienced)