Hello Everybody!!! I'm excited to be starting my second challenge here in the magical forums of NF.

I loved the first challenge and got a real taste for what can be achieved if I just stick with a healthy and active life style. 

MAIN QUEST

I plan to loose 5% of my overall body fat, thus fitting into my "motivational pants" of which I have two pairs. I plan to achieve this quest by building lean muscle and eating a healthy mainly Paleo diet.

SUPPORTING QUESTS

• Strength training: 2 days on 1 day off (+5 strength to earn)
  • Sprint at least 2 times per week (100 meters) (+2 stamina to earn)
  • Meditate for around 20 minutes each night before bed (+2 wisdom to earn)
  • Yoga everyday (morning or night) for at least 10 minutes (+2 dexterity +2 charisma to earn)
  • 6 alcohol free days a week (bonus earned for 7 AFDs in a row) (+2 constitution to earn)

> For my point system, I'll be giving myself a grade at the end of each week for each goal (a, b, c, etc) and the number of points earned per goal at the end of the challenge will be based on the average grade.

LIFE QUEST

My life quest is to finally perfect my new website, it's a digital wedding artwork site with templates and fun things, specifically I want to hit 200 templates added by the end of the 6 weeks (currently at 35 templates) and earn at least $100 from the site's sales.

MOTIVATION

I'm getting married in August (yay!) and want to solidify healthy habits (particularly around exercise) so I don't slack off during busy times leading up to the wedding, the honey moon, or our move to the US in the months following.

Looking forward to getting to know fellow adventurers! Any advice regarding "plans" around sprinting (is it better to do more shorter faster sprints or do a few longer sprints as fast as you can? does it matter?) as I have been a long distance runner in the past, but never a sprinter.

Good luck everyone, I hope week 1 is going well!!!

allons-y-doctor-who-gif.gif

• Like 1

900 years of time and space, and I never met anyone who wasn't important.

Level: 2 |  Race: Time Lord | Class: Adventurer
STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

---

Check out my current Challenge here

See my first Challenge here

Hi Bad Wolf! Sending good vibes your way. The Doctor Who gifs will be a pretty cool bonus to following your progress. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

Week one down!

Definitely a tough week, I just got home from visiting the Family today, so all my workouts and clean eating had to fit into other people's space.

So excited to be back on my own turf with a constant internet connection! Will check in again PROPERLY soon.

I hope everyone is having a great time with their challenge so far!

• Like 1

---

Week one down!

Definitely a tough week, I just got home from visiting the Family today, so all my workouts and clean eating had to fit into other people's space.

So excited to be back on my own turf with a constant internet connection! Will check in again PROPERLY soon.

I hope everyone is having a great time with their challenge so far!

I am having a bit of "rough" patch too. Let's crush the second week.

• Like 1

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Thanks Raxie & TennisGeek!

Week two chugging along well, although it's not a real part of my challenge I've implemented a low carb / paleo diet, and it's going well so far. Staying away from carbs is harder than I thought and I've had to do a lot of "carb counting" to educate myself, but I believe the benefit will be worth the trouble.

I've been going good on my goals so far, I've been a little light on the yoga because of time restraints, but I'm planning on making up for it by hitting up the hour long yoga class at the gym tonight.

I finally got to do all my measurements and body fat calculations last night, I'm sitting at around 16%, all of which appears to have made a home in my thighs and upper arms, so if I can manage to stick to my plan I should be into my motivational pants in no time,

As far as my life quest goes, not going to lie I've been pretty bad. I don't even have an excuse I've just been really terrible at motivating myself to do any of the work - I keep turning my focus to something else and convincing myself that this other thing has to be done first!

Speaking of work, I really should get back to it! I hope everyone is having a great week two!

---

I find that when I focus on health related changes that my "life" related changes get forgotten or set aside. I think its good to remember that willpower is a finite resource, and when we use it to be good about eating and exercise, other things like housework and paid work can get the short end of the stick. 

Try to find a balance, don't do all the things at once... focus.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Not to be cheesey, but slow and steady wins the race.  Don't try to cram everything into a small space, take your time and make the small changes you need to to get where you want to be.  You made huge changes last challenge, so focus on sticking with those changes and still making time for your website.  If that's too much, maybe scale back some stuff that you can add back in later once you've got a handle on everything.  Either way, you got this!

• Like 2

I think there's an article around here somewhere about running and sprinting. You could probably ask the scouts. My knowledge may be misinformed, but I've heard that interval training is the best for cardio. You walk, jog, sprint, walk, run, walk, sprint and walk. XD just enough to keep your heart going. There was a warning though about only doing this if you're in good shape. And not having heart conditions. Wish i knew more, but it might be worth you looking into?

°~°

• Like 1

°¬° 

Thanks Raxie & TennisGeek!

Week two chugging along well, although it's not a real part of my challenge I've implemented a low carb / paleo diet, and it's going well so far. Staying away from carbs is harder than I thought and I've had to do a lot of "carb counting" to educate myself, but I believe the benefit will be worth the trouble.

If you can keep carbs below 100g/day, you'd certainly lose fat.

I've been not able to do so consistent bases.

Sweet potato and fruits are tough to keep off.

• Like 1

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Hi Guys!

I've been MIA from the internet this week, I took Raxie's advice and instead of trying to do everything I've been re-arranging my priorities and getting stuff done!

I finally cracked my "work draught", I'm cranking out artwork for my site slowly and steadily - but in order to spend time on that I've had to be pretty strict with myself and stay away from things like hanging out NF, facebook, pinterest, ect.

My challenge is going good! I've been able to stick to my healthy low carb diet without any faltering, I am currently averaging 20 grams of carbs per day, which is great. You wouldn't believe how much of a withdrawal you go through when you cut out ALL sugar, serious head spin, hunger, quick temper, low energy, it was like quitting smoking. It only lasted about 4 days or so though, and now I am feeling more energetic, rested, "cleansed", and fit then ever. 

I've definitely lost a bit of fat this week, it's been pretty interesting so far. I've had lots of support from my partner, he's following along with everything too even though he's not a NF Rebel : )

I hope everyone is rocking their challenge! Thank you for the support!!

---

Nice! WE can forgive your lack of updates as long as you are too busy being awesome... sounds like that is the case. Keep going strong and check in when you need motivation

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines