FreddyMcFred Turns the Prophecy Upside Down

Handstands were first up today, got to 0:55 0:40 0:40 0:40. Stretching came after this. Then I had good stuff for dinner again.

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

Today I did some decluttering for an hour in the morning. Went climbing today. For my handstands I got 0:50 0:46 0:40 0:40. Stretched after that and dinner was good today.

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

Today I ate pizza for dinner for the first time in probably about 4 months and I can't say I really miss doing it more often at all. The curry I cooked was better so why bother. This was a useful experience. I won't bother eating pizza if I can help it unless it's a really high quality.

Since I hit my target for wall handstands but didn't get my room quite clean enough to think it's safe for free standing handstands yet, tonight I tried to do a wall handstand pushup. For the first set I fell hard on my shoulder. For the second set I tried to brace myself with my arm and slammed my leg into the ground instead. Obviously not working so for the third set I only lowered about 3 inches and pushed back up; managed 6 like this. Fourth was more of the same, 4 this time.

Finally the last important challenge, pull ups with 30lbs extra: 6 3 2. Turns out these are hard. Who knew? Good news is I hit my target of at least 5 so that's 2 big goals down this challenge.

After these things and a short break, I did my stretching.

To wrap up week 6, handstand practice was 7/7, stretching was 7/7, workouts were 2/3, dinner was 6/3, decluttering was 75/60 minutes.

To wrap up the whole challenge, handstands were 31/42, inconsistent and not enough, I'll give it a C+. Stretching was 29/42, also not enough, C+. Workouts were 9/18, horrible, F. Dinners were 25/18 and there was only a single week where I didn't hit the target, every other week exceeded it, A+. Seems about time to make a new or higher goal on this front. Decluttering was 665/360 minutes, way over target but 2 weeks were 0 and one was only 30/60 so I'll give it a B. My overall grades leave something to be desired especially on the workouts but I'm honestly still happy with this overall. I'll keep updating this thread until I create one for the next challenge too, I won't start slacking just because this round is over.

Today I had good stuff for dinner. I spent about 15 minutes decluttering my room. For my 3" wall handstand pushups I did 7 6 5. I stretched after this.

Today I took my test at last and finally started lead climbing, gosh it's tiring. My dinner was good. I tried to do wall handstands a bit and fell over a bunch hurting myself a bit so I stopped for tonight and I'll do better tomorrow.

Thank you. Today I ate good stuff for dinner once again. I finally tried doing some pushups again since I've been slacking a lot lately.

1-arm knee pushups (per arm): 5 10 (somehow I change my form slightly and they became way easier suddenly...) 10

After that I practiced my wall handstands and bails a bit, then stretched.

Today's a day for really working out.

Regular pull ups: 11   +20lbs: 6 3

Pistol squats + 10lbs (per leg): 5 5 5

Hollow body hold: 0:41 0:32 0:28

Wall handstands: 0:40 0:30   After this I practiced bailing a few times.

It kinda seems like I never progress beyond the point where I'm stuck with pistol squats but I'm always adjusting various little details, trying to make my form and balance just a little bit better and I want to feel really comfortable with doing them before I increase the difficulty. Most of the time I feel pretty awkward doing them and still almost fall over fairly often.

I stretched after all the workout stuff. I ate good stuff for dinner too.

Today I went for a run, finished 4.97km in 28:49. My time really needs some work considering my old record was under 25 minutes. I'm planning on joining a race in May and I intend to come first so I'm going to work running into my next challenge. Handstands came next, got 0:50 0:40 0:30 0:25. I went climbing after this but I ate out so my dinner wasn't the greatest.

Today's wall handstands: 0:40 0:40 0:45 0:40. I stretched after. I had good stuff for dinner.

Today's first wall handstand was 0:45. Then I decided to try kicking up into a handstand for the first time in a while. After several attempts I actually managed to kick up to almost vertical and stayed up for about a second. After several more attempts I finally kicked all the way up into a wall handstand for a few seconds. I stretched after that and lastly I did 1 set of 5 1-arm pushups per arm.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines