Hello from Fort Worth, TX

Well,

Hey all!

So this is one writes about his glorious self huh? Haha, there really isn't much to tell.

Quick breakdown i guess, i grew up in Germany and when I moved here I had very few friends, and personally just hated everybody in High School. As a sophomore, I started working 30-40hrs a week as a cashier for a grocery store  and in my senior year started Playing WOW just as much. Difference is, after High school i became a call center guy, i sat at the computer all day taking calls, then went home to play warcraft for another 6 hours.

Needless to say there was very little exercise, and I have been raised on a steady diet of meat and potatoes and was always expected to clean my plate.

Go forward another 5 years. I then weighed 320lbs, was diagnosed with sleep apnia (ya don't mind my spelling) and some hormone issues. Worse of all though, it snowed that year, I LOVE SNOW, but I was huffing and puffing trying to build a simple snowman with my buddies 5 year old. This is me then

fatpicturefeb2011_zps4f17590c.jpg

Things had to change so they did, I started doing some running, (I don't like running, but i was able to do that without having to buy equipment), playing some soccer here and there, rock climbing in gyms, just really trying different things out. By about august of that year i was down to 240lbs or so. I maintained decendly well, fluctuated up or down 10lbs, not really by eating healthy or anything, just switching to different diets and stuff.

By February 2013 i was back at 255lbs and a friend of mine challenged me to do a 4 week juice fast. I went down almost 40lbs, which was ok, but i couldn't workout, didn't have the energy, and that life sucked. This is what i looked like at my first sushi meal after the fast.

finalweightlossapr2013_zpsb014ae96.jpg

At this point weight slowly started creeping back in, I was ok at 230lbs, i was moderately active, clothes fit well and i felt good. I let myself go, and i started gaining weight back.

Now 8 months later I am back at 264, my closet is full of clothes that don't fit, i can barely run a mile without being out of breath, I am eating horribly and have lost all lack of motivation.This is what I look like now.

Currentphotodec2013_zpsa2681a41.jpg

I have been reading the blogs here at Nerdfitness, and really like Stevens (i hope thats his name lol) approach to simple workouts.

I decided to join up the rebellion today, and have already started my challenge thread over in the level 1 rebel thing.

My Goal is to be back down to about 220, but this time around I don't just want to scale to reflect my weight, but also how I carry myself, my life style and food choices. 220 is a target weight, but definitly not the end all be all, once I reach it there will be more to accomplish I can promise that.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Wow, I'm impressed by the dedication it must've taken to stick to all those diets and the juice fast. I play WoW a bit myself and I know how addicting it can be :P Glad to meet a fellow newbie.

half-elf adventurer
[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

CURRENT CHALLENGE   |   BATTLE LOG   |   FOLLOW ME
"Fear's useless. Either something bad happens or it doesn't: If it doesn't, you've wasted time being afraid, and if it does, you've wasted time that you could have spent sharpening your weapons."

Wow, I'm impressed by the dedication it must've taken to stick to all those diets and the juice fast. I play WoW a bit myself and I know how addicting it can be :tongue: Glad to meet a fellow newbie.

Thank you :D

I don't really look at those being dedication though, because i knew it was a temporary thing. Thats what I really want to do different this time around. Is find not a diet but change how i eat and watch what i do for life.

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Thanks and I will...

Maybe if the world sees me here i won't quit this time.