Silly Dolph Lundgren title is inspired by my friend who is joking about me becoming Dolph Lundgren with my new lifestyle.

I don't really want to look like him, but let's call it like that :)

To avoid spamming challenge thread and keep all exercises in 1 log, I will log all here.

Warmup 10min

Pushups 3x20

Hanging leg raise 3x5

Pistols 3x3

Pullup hold 1x15sec

Chinup hold 1x25sec + 1x20sec

Plank rotation (front, side and bridge in each set) 3x30sec each / bridge only 15-20sec possible

Stability ball back extension 3x20

Stretch 10min

Warmup 10min

Burpees with pushup and jump as many as possible in 10min = 93

Stretch 5min

Running + HIIT sprinting (10 x 80-100m with rest 1.5-3min fast walk / slow jog, sprinting "all out" effort)

+ 3x5 hanging leg raises on the goal post before fast walking / slow jogging home from the track.

t9szin81nyliu35flvp.jpg

Fitness test before the challenge

1. military pushups - 20

2. pushups with feet on stability ball - 12
3. diamond pushups - 15
4. plank hold - 90 sec
5. hanging L sit hold - 30 sec
6. chinup hold - 29 sec
7. chinups - 0 (almost there, can do 2-3 half ones without hanging all the way to bottom position)
8. pullups - 0
9. frog hold - 32 sec

Second part of the fitness test:
10. pistol squats - 8 right leg, 5 left leg (imbalance that must be taken care of)
11. deep squats (ass to the ground / as low as possible + stopping before full leg lockout position) - 41

warmup

handstand practice

L-sit on 2 chairs (legs still not in horizontal level)

L-sit with support on floor (unable to lift feet from the floor)

3x8 slow and controlled diamond pushup

3x5 horizontal row with feet on stability ball (try that, interesting experience... also pushups with feet on the ball)

3x5 dips on 2 chairs (not very comfortable and with poor technique... gotta get them rings)

3x3 half-chinups and negative chinups after first ones become impossible (total 4/5)

3x frog position 15-20sec

stretching

(legs ignored after yesterday test to failure)

Burpee madness with video of my suffering for your enjoyment   :unconscious:

Today tried tabata protocol but nothing good came out of it. Just 82 in 9 minutes and then after last rep my legs have refused further cooperation. For the next 15-20 minutes I could barely stand up.

With burpees I always warmup before and do a bit of streching later.

This is the first time I made video of my burpees. Now seeing it, my technique obviously needs improvement and I should also go deeper in the pushup phase (preferrably touch the ground with my chest). Must think about breathing too. I will start recording all of my exercises so that faults can be corrected in the future.

• Like 1

Today I ended in evil KFC, after eating one Grander menu (with salad and water, at least no fries and soda :pride: ) I decided to punish myself with some running... 

Statistic looks poor because I spent several minutes on the goalpost doing half-chin-ups and hanging leg raises...

en0zwcwz3vlh1oghaz.jpg

And I managed to improve my Cooper result.  :pride:

My challenge goal of 2.3km is one step closer.

yd5jdy7f88c2v4t881aw.jpg

• Like 1

KFC... they are bad, but still better than McD :tongue:

A bit of strenght exercise for today.

- warmup (included wall extensions... they look silly but you can really feel them working shoulders, arms and back muscles)

- handstand practice (managed to stand approx 30 seconds next to the wall and without "climbing" the wall, yay :) )

- practicing L-sit on 2 chairs and L-sit with support on floor (still unable to lift feet from the floor properly)

- 3x3 chinups with limited range of motion and negative chinups after first ones become impossible (total 4+5)

- 3x5 horizontal row with feet on stability ball

- 3x5 pistols on left leg (it is significantly weaker than right leg so focus will be on the left for now, did only few with the righ leg)

- 3x8 pseudo-planche pushups (managed to do 8-6-7, not sure about the form, I feel like I was not leaned enough to the front)

- 3x5 dips on 2 chairs

- 3x5 hanging leg raises

- stretching

Also cooked myself proper lunch today. Chicken breast (a bit of flour there but it will not kill me :tongue:) with jumbo mixed salad (olive oil of course) and carrot+onion.

On the photo it looks small but portion of vegetables was really big (0.30kg carrot + 0.25kg onion). I barely managed to eat it. :)

Pan fried carrots and onions with curry and few other spices are perfect combination for the meat side dish, try it sometime. Sooo tasty, I could eat it every day...

3n6tqzbvhsrx485x43i.jpg

Two little WOOT today:

1) Finally managed to touch the pull up bar with my feet. Barely but did it.

2) 30 seconds handstand.

• Like 1

On the flipside, Dolph does break from break from the "meathead" stereotype, he's very much a nerd at the core (masters in Chemical Engineering).

He is literally one of my favorite people. Not only does he have that but he's a 3rd degree black belt in kyokushin karate and I've seen his IQ listed at 160. That last one may or may not be true but nevertheless he is very smart.

Good luck with all your goals rocky!

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Not too intensive today but still good sweat came out of it.

10 min warmup running with few other exercises

6 sets x 3 minutes of exercises (1min each: jumping jacks, situps, pushups, plank, mountain climbers etc...)

10 min stretching

Ate something really unhealthy today, I was pressed for time and left with no better options at that given moment and place.

But still managed to be in planned net caloric deficit at the end of the day, so I will forgive myself.

It's always good to still get something done even on the not too intense days. 

I love the feeling after I exercise, especially when I didn't want to at the beginning of the exercise, cause afterwords I'm like come at me bro, that was amazing, I demand another. 

NapalmBurn

Race: Human | Class: Warrior

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Current Challenge: NapalmBurn's Quest To Be...Batman

Geeks Are Wired 

Inspiration:

Good is not enough, if better is possible. 

Live Long and Prosper

Walk the One Ring to Mordor

Do or do not. There is no try.

Not too intensive today but still good sweat came out of it.

10 min warmup running with few other exercises

6 sets x 3 minutes of exercises (1min each: jumping jacks, situps, pushups, plank, mountain climbers etc...)

10 min stretching

Ate something really unhealthy today, I was pressed for time and left with no better options at that given moment and place.

But still managed to be in planned net caloric deficit at the end of the day, so I will forgive myself.

Once in a while, it's not that big a deal. Whew! Mountain climbers! Those things are brutal on the ticker.

Good job, Rocky! Keep at it!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Today was very difficult day, but managed to do some exercise this evening.

- warmup 

- handstand practice (30 - 30 - 20 - 20 seconds, oscillating between free standing and feet on the wall)

- 2x3 chinups with limited range of motion and negative chinups

- 2x8 pike pushups (unsure about technique, must record a video next time to check it)

- 2x5 pistols on left leg 

- 2x5 horizontal row with feet on stability ball

- 2x12 feet elevated (70cm) pushups

- 2x5 hanging leg raises

- stretching

So, just 2 sets... but still better than nothing. And handstands were somewhat taxing. I saw them mentioned as "technique exercise" which is to be done before "real exercise" but they are not so easy, at least not for beginners.

Good side of today - bioelectric impedance scales showed that I have just 19,5% fat.

I dont beleive in that exact number, those scales are not so precise. But it is 9% less than 3 and half months ago, those scales are good at least for properly tracking changes in percentages. So I am quite pleased with the result. :)

They also say that my metabolic age dropped from 50 to 30 (less than my real age) and visceral fat dropped from 12.5 to 7.5 which is also quite good.

• Like 2

So, you essentially grew younger through exercise? I'm sticking to this interpretation! That's awesome!

Don't worry, you'll get that third set next time!

Yes, like Benjamin Button :D

My friend is 35 years old and it measures metabolic age to be at 19 years.

I am unsure what is exact method for determining these numbers, but they are probably mostly based on metabolic speed. My BMR is now higher then when I was 13kg heavier. It measures to be approx 2300 kcal.

And standard online BMR calculator for my age and weight says it should be approx 2050 kcal.

So I am 250 kcal over the standard (if measurement was correct)

To be on the safe side, I will not yet start eating 250 kcal more, unles my weight loss speeds up.

• Like 1

brief warmup

8 sets x 3-4 minutes of exercises (45 sec each: jumping jacks, situps, pushups, various planks, mountain climbers, squats, lunges etc...)

5 min stretching

Felt tired after a long day at work, but did it anyway.

I noticed curious thing today. Every winter I often have inflamed throat, coughing, flu etc...

And this winter after starting healthy lifestyle I did not have any kind of health problem (knocking on the wood).

Maybe just a lucky coincidence, and maybe I really managed to improve my health (hoping that latter is true).

In less than 3 months I will go to complete checkup and it will be interesting to compare bloodwork and ECG difference in those 6 months. I will post the results of course.

• Like 2

Friday was rest day.

I have planned to do uphill running on the local trail, but unfortunately woodcutters have closed it :(
So did some HIIT sprinting instead:

1km fast walk to the track

Warmup exercises

500m warmup run

10 rounds 100m sprint / 100m fast walk (of course last few rounds are more fast run than sprint)

500m cooldown run/walk

Stretching

1km fast walk home

All in all, good exercise today.

Running part:

ex4elqvs3d5p4sqgr6pm.jpg

• Like 1

Good work, Rocky!

That's a bummer about the trail. Did they close the trail because they were working there? Your pace was significantly faster this time around (unless I'm reading your stats wrong), that's awesome!

I hope the trail reopens sometime soon. Stay awesome!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.