Clash of Clans

phone has been out of comision for the last 4 days and started a new job in that time so I have failed to be apart of CoC. hoping to get my phone fixed soon. If it is needed for me to be out of the clan to make room for active members, feel free to boot me

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I'm getting close to TH9 - just have to save up some resources. That said, I haven't been playing as much lately. The nice thing about CoC, though, is that it's ok to not play a lot. I'll just take it slow, make sure I'm online for the main war, and get to TH9 when I get there. :) I am really looking forward to getting an AQ, though.

• Like 1

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

Yeah, I've got about 60 walls left to level to 9, that's it other than valkyries, which I'm not leveling as I don't use them. Think I'll finish the walls and get both heroes to 20 (at 15 now), then reassess.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been quietly trying to max out TH7. I hope to get into wars one day but I have to a.) work on carving out time at the appropriate times and b.) learn how to actually destroy bases not just raid them of their precious essences. That last one is proving harder than I anticipated but I'm sorta working on it.

• Like 1

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Does the Nerd Fitness clan accept total noobs? I've wanted to pick up this game for a while, but only just gotten around to it. 

No worries buddy, ALL levels are welcome, just mention Nerd Fitness in your request to join.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I'm now in the clan, and have a couple of questions about clans. Some of the questions I had can be Googled, but I'm having trouble due to "clan" being hard to search for when it's in the game's name!

1) As someone who is super low level right now, how long should I be avoiding clan wars?
2) Should I refrain from donating troops because of my low level? I assume said troops would be significantly weaker than what everyone else can muster?
3) At what point, if any, should I request troops? Is it just a clan war thing?

You shouldn't avoid wars. Join in as long as you know you'll use both attacks.

Refrain from donating war troops, but donate all you want for people raiding.

Request all the time. I request after every time I attack if my castle isn't full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Just search us and ask to join with your user name in the request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

This is my attempt to help our clan in Clash of Clans. My name in our clan is Xadus. I will explain how Clan Wars work, how I perceive to play the game, And how to attack (for farming and for clan wars). Hopefully this will help all of us get better and win more lewtz. (there is also a TL;DR at the end of this in case you're lazy lol)

((For extra credit read this: http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Flammy's_Strategy_Guides/Total_Newbie_Guide)

First: Clan Wars

Clan War matchmaking is not a perfect science by any means. The way it is done is on kind of a point system. Basically everything in your village gives you a point value. This is everything from walls to your troop level. From your defenses to your Hero level. This means everything counts (which is why I decided to neglect improving my walls as I personally don't think they stop many things at my level or lower since I get attacked by dragons or hogs mostly...but if I upgraded them they would add difficulty to the clan war). 

So the matchmaking...if you have 50 people in your war and 10 were TH10, 10 TH9, 10 TH8, etc...it pretty much works out to an average of TH8. So if you were to go to war and get matched with 50 TH8 villages...who do you think would win? This is why the matchmaking system doesn't exactly work out because you can put the bottom 2 or 3 bases in your clan war as TH3 or TH4 or whatever the lowest possible and then have everyone else as maxed TH8+ and you will dramatically lower your overall score and get an easier match for Clan Wars. **NOTE: The lower ones in the clan war usually don't get many stars as they are very low level.** 

Pro Tip: If the clan war search takes 5 minutes or more...cancel the search and restart it. This will lower the chance you have of getting a mismatch for war.

Second thing: How to play the game

So you can argue a ton of different points here. But I'll just list the 2 things people play for...LOOT and WAR.

Loot:

Make sure your troops are highest level and lowest cost possible. When you are low TH level you can use all barbarians and be successful. Higher levels you will have to figure out what works for you and what defenses you can overcome. I usually go for a village that has 100k+ of gold and elixir. That's at TH8 and it's what works for me. The troop composition will depend on what level you are, what exactly your goal is, and how strong your troops are. Basically I load all 4 of my barracks in order of barbarians, then archers, giants, goblins. This gives me a decent mix of troops and allows me to pretty much get all the loot that I need and as long as I get more than 60k elixir then I made profit. At TH10 you would need stronger troops like wizards and golems and such to get much of anything from it. 

War:

The way you play to war is to make sure everything is as good as possible.  Okay done...See y'all later!

Just kidding. Basically I always play for war. By this I mean that I research and upgrade in order of what I use most in war and what would be the most defensive in war. Basically what has the most DPS for attacks and best defense against attacks in my war base. So if you are starting to use Dragons all the time...upgrade them ASAP. If you use Wizards and Giants all the time...upgrade them. It's simple! 

Well, unfortunately, it's not simple. I just said it was simple so you would keep reading. So the real hard part is what defenses to upgrade. You should upgrade your defenses in order of things that will be the most defensive. This doesn't mean the things with the most DPS. Because an Archer tower has more DPS than a wizard tower that sounds like an easy choice right? Well take into account that at level 6 (the first level of Wizard towers that is ALL purple.) Wizard Towers (WT) have 32 DPS and 790 HP. While Archer Towers (AT) at level 10 (Max for TH8) has 65 DPS and 750 HP. So looking at that the AT have double the DPS at the maxed level for TH8 BUT the wizard tower has more HP. Not only does it have slightly more HP but it does SPLASH damage. Which means that not only does it attack every 1.3 seconds...it attacks EVERYTHING in that area. I've seen a wizard tower decimate a horde of goblins. Like 30-40 at a time. Could an AT do that?

Now the Archer Tower does attack quick and has longer range than most other defenses. So this means if you are being attacked by something weak...an upgraded AT can destroy them. I've seen two Archer Towers kill a level 3 dragon (One level away from max) while that dragon focused on something else. The problem with Archer Towers is that they are easily destroyed because of only being able to shoot one target at a time. I usually upgrade them later...but some guides say to upgrade them 3rd. It really just depends on HOW you are getting attacked...HOW your base is set up...and What you want to protect. 

So again...when it comes to upgrading your defenses FOR CLAN WAR, this is how I would do it:

1. Air Defense

2. Wizard Towers

3. Teslas (these are incredibly powerful and very easily destroy troops)

4. Archer Towers

5. Mortars

6. Walls (I think gold an light purple walls are perfect for up to TH9)

7. Anything else

So basically you can upgrade whatever you want whenever you want but I would say to always think about it in the order above because those are in order of the most defensive (in my opinion and other guides I have read).

How to attack:

Farming(raiding): So if you are below TH7 (any TH level up to and including 6) farm with all barbarians and go for any loot that is 75k or higher. Recently I have been looking at the need for trophies and haven't noticed a need for them. So I would say that unless you are specifically going for a trophy number (For the gem bonus from achievement) don't worry about trophy count. The loot bonus can be attractive...but if you need 1.5mil-3 mil for an upgrade...3,000-8,000 extra really isn't that much help. 

TH7: This is where it gets tricky because you can upgrade a little bit more but at TH7 it's a little difficult to raid because people at TH8 are much stronger than you defensively and TH6 loot is reduced. Some people love this TH level to farm because it's stronger than TH6 and usually you can get some decent loot fairly quickly.

Anything about TH7 is kind of dependent on what you need and what you have. So obviously the stronger the bases you attack...the stronger your troops need to be, 

Earlier I mentioned the way that I load my barracks to farm. Start with Barracks 1 and do Barbarians, Then archers, then giants, then goblins. This works out pretty well for me. The most efficient way to do this is to Boost all barracks and have them filled (It costs 40 gems to boost all 4 barracks. This boost means you can build an army in as little as 5 minutes instead of 20). Shortly before your troop count is maxed out in your camps...fill your barracks again (should be constantly making sure they are filled anyways) and then start a raid. Your troops will continue to spawn when you take your army and go marching. So by the time you get back to your village after searching, then subsequently attacking a village you should have half your troops already made. Then wait a couple minutes and repeat. It's simple, cheap, and effective.

What to look for when farming:

Always look for the easiest base to attack. Duh, right? Well looks can be deceiving and I mess up sometimes and think a base is easy to attack. Basically you are looking for 75k+ of each resource in a base that has minimally upgraded defenses (walls, Archer towers, Wizard towers, etc) and low level hero. So an example base would have almost no purple on their wizard towers (meaning they're mostly gray, and less upgraded), your archer towers look less decorated, and the walls are at gold or black stone. Then you want to drop a couple of test troops to make sure there aren't any bombs where you're dropping troops (Can't tell you how many times when I first started that I'd drop 50 archers just to have them ALL destroyed by a giant bomb), And these test troops should be within range of the Clan Castle if possible. One of the last things you want is to be destroyed by 5 level 6 wizards. They do massive damage. 

Pro Tip: Don't expend all of your troops if you don't have to. Always keep a few in reserve. This helps you save resources and time. Any troops you take with you but don't send into battle come back with you. I know it sounds simple...but trust me. Someone out there that reads this is going to be like "Oooooooh".

How to attack in a clan war:

So this is where a lot of people mess up. By that I mean that they just got dragons so they go and attack 5 levels above them in the clan war...and fail miserably. 

The way I decided what to attack with was by googling it. Yeah I just typed in my town hall level and "3 star attacks" so for me at the time I did it I typed in "TH8 3 star attack" and found the one I liked the most...watched the videos and replicated it. And it worked. So I'll just throw down some pointers about certain popular attacks and troop specific ones as well.

The first most popular attack: 10 dragons

This attack is amazing if you aren't facing someone like me who has his/her base set up specifically to not be 3 starred from dragons. Essentially you take a look at their air defenses. If they are level 5 or 6...you'll have a hard time if they are placed right. There's a way to overcome this but it's not the most efficient thing to do. You can make all 3 of your spells as lightning spells and destroy one of the air defenses. So that leaves 2 (usually). The strategy then becomes to attack from the side where the air defense is closest to the outside...thus making it easier to destroy. You should do this with a maxed dragon in your Clan Castle (CC). Another thing to do with this is to use all rage spells and attack from the side of the base that has the most air defenses. It's usually fairly easy to tell which this is. Then spread your dragons out a little bit so they can attack both of them...and rage them when they get close so they kill it quick. Yay! Easy 3 star.

Another popular attack: GoWiPe

I'm not a fan of this until you get to TH9 or so. Mainly because of how much resources it takes and it's not effective until your troops are leveled a bit. But it's pretty damn effective.

Pro Tip: Make sure to deploy your golems 10-20 tiles away from each other or else you're wasting DPS and not effectively cleaning up.

An attack I recently discovered and that has been effective for me: GoHoWi (or whatever)

Basically it's 2 golems, 14 hogs, 14 wizards, 4 wall breakers, and an archer. In the CC you use 2 witches and an archer if you only have 25 space. 

This attack is awesome but generally takes the whole time for the attack. 

When attacking with:

Hogs: make sure to be cautious of Giant Bombs as they do extra damage to hogs and can ruin your day. The easy way to tell where those are is by looking for SQUARE open spaces and sending 1 hog in that area to try to detonate a bomb. Hogs prefer to attack DEFENSES and will go towards the closest and easiest one. If you have 3 archer towers equidistant from each other and the hog kills the middle one...but one of the towers is on the other side of a wall...they will go to the one not on the other side of a wall. 

Giants: Make sure to watch out for teslas (hard to know where they are since they take up so little space) and wizard towers. Those 2 things will destroy a group of Giants. They also go for the closest/easiest defense. 

Archers: Nothing special here. They are good for attacking from a distance and have fairly decent DPS. 

Barbarians: Same as Archers.

Goblins: These do extra damage to resources and they move lightning fast. They are vulnerable to splash damage and other defenses because they go for resources before anything else. BUT they have almost the highest DPS in the game when upgraded...so don't count them out in general. Once they destroy all the resources they attack everything else and do it fast.

Wizards: These guys aren't terribly fast...but they destroy. They cause splash damage and can kill things easily. Their only downfall is that they die easily. So usually they should be used with a tank (like giants or golems)

Healer: This thing doesn't heal air troops. It does splash heals and it's pretty effective at doing so. It doesn't have a ton of HP so it can get downed quickly if it gets too close to one. 

Balloon: This prioritizes defenses and does quite a bit of damage. They die easily but cause more damage when they hit the ground after being killed. Most effective in groups and when leveled up.

Dragon: A lot of damage, A lot of HP. but expensive. They are good in a group. They are also really slow...so rage is usually preferred with them.

P.E.K.K.A: These suckers are huge. They do quite a lot of damage, they have a ton of hitpoints, and they move fairly fast. They're just really expensive and take forever to make

Minions: die quickly but they're pretty powerful.

Hogs: good against defenses since they can jump walls. They move very quickly so most defenses don't have time to kill them before they destroy a few things.

Valkyrie: Powerful lady. She does AoE damage and has a ton of HP. Shes effective but only in groups of 3. If you do more than that you have wasted DPS. If you have less than that they don't do as much damage as they should. They're a good fill in troop.

Golem: Really good tank. A lot of HP...decent damage...really slow. A couple really cool things about them is that when they die they spawn 2 little golems...when THOSE die they cause area damage. Make sure to split them up if using more than one.

Witch: She's pretty weak herself but she spawns little skeletons that take attention away from her...and a few seconds later she spawns more skeletons...and more until she dies. She does have a max limit that can be out at one time...but she will spawn as many as needed to hit that limit every few seconds.

Lava Hound: This thing is awesome. His favorite target is air defenses. Most people use these in attacks with 3 Lava hounds and the rest are Balloons. When they die they burst into little lava hounds.

How to win a clan war:

The best way to win a clan war is to get more stars! Okay I'm done again! see ya!

Okay fine! The best way to get more stars is to be better than the other team. Be more efficient. Stronger, Faster, Better, larger...or whatever? Anyways...the best way to do this is to start with your lowest rank and move up. 

If you have 25 people in your clan war...number 25 should obviously attack number 25 as their first attack. A lot of times they won't be able to 3 star him. That's just how it goes. Same with 24. So that means starting with 23 you will have to drop down a couple ranks until you KNOW you can 3 star someone. If you are ranked 15 and you KNOW you can 3 star 15...just drop down to 17 or 18 to let people above you get some stars. 

NOTE: THE FIRST ATTACK IN A CLAN WAR IS FOR A 3 STAR. IF YOU CANNOT GET A THREE STAR...GO LOWER UNTIL YOU CAN. The second attack is there for loot. All you need is 1 star on a base to get the loot. Usually there is a higher level base that can easily be 1 starred. So don't worry about loot on your first attack.

The most effective way to do that is to just not pay attention to the "Recommended for you to attack" thing. I usually can 3 star someone 1-3 levels below me easily. Anyone my rank or higher is difficult. So remember...the first attack is always for a guaranteed 3 star. Put pride away and get that 3 star.

Something else to do to be effective at this...STUDY the base. Look for potential openings and make sure that you are confident going in. That you have a plan before you hit "Attack". It really sucks time away if you attack but don't know how to do it. 

Also, remember to pull the CC out of the middle of the base to the edge and destroy them ASAP. They can completely ruin an attack in .05 seconds if you don't pay attention.

TL;DR

-Attack for farming by using cheap troops and getting the most resources. Barbarians only if TH6 and under...TH7+ use a mix of barbs, archers, giants, goblins until you get to th10

-Upgrade in the order that is the best for your war base. Usually defenses need to be upgraded in a certain order to be the best. This order (IMO) is: Air Defense, Wizard Towers, Teslas, Archer Towers, Mortars, walls, everything else

-Upgrade Troops in the order from MOST used to LEAST used. 

-Attack in clan war starting from BOTTOM of the list to TOP of the list and your first attack is for 3 stars. Your second attack can be for loot.

Sorry for the ridiculously long post but it isn't nearly as long as the guide that I posted a link to at the beginning of the post.

Good luck and if any questions you can contact me here or in game!

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the write-up DarkKent! I agree with most of what you said. I'd like to figure out some guidelines for our clan wars to improve our chances of winning. I think you're on to something when you say that the first attack should be for three stars. To win wars, we have to 3* most of their bases, so even a 2* attack may not be worth much since someone will likely have to clean up that last star later. On the other hand, though, we don't want people attacking too far below their rank or our low-level folks won't be able to contribute. How about rules like this:

1. Your first attack should be against your rank - 3 (so our #1 attacks their #4, our #15 attacks their #18)
    1. If you're in the bottom four, make your first attack against the opponent in the enemy bottom 4 that you think you have the best chance of 3 starring.
  2. Your first attack should be during the first 12 hours of the war.
  3. Your second attack should be a 'clean-up' attack against an enemy that has already been attacked (unless it's against the enemy top 4).
  4. Your second ('clean-up') attack should be made against an enemy base that you feel confident you can 3*
  5. Our top folks (top 5? top 10?) should delay their second attack to let lower and mid-level folks clean-up what they can first.

It's not a perfect system, but I think it would help to have rules that encourage people to make attacks they're more likely to 3* without encouraging people to attack ten ranks below themselves.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

I'm waiting to see what the clan comes up with a agrees upon before I take part in wars again. I was finding it too expensive for me to war.

Some great idea coming out!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

A lot of good points, I like the idea of everyone attacking someone 2-4 levels below that the KNOW they can 3 star. Problem I keep seeing is that some people are dropping like 10 down to do that, hwich is very inefficient. I like the idea of EVERYONE doing their first attack in the first 12 hours follow those guidelines, less pressure on the top 10 to be signing in during the last 4-5 hours.

I also like the second attack being purely for a 1 star loot grab higher than yourself if everything around you has been 3 starred. So how about this:

1. Your first attack should be against your rank minus 2-5, whichever one is the higest you are confident in 3 starring

1. If you're in the bottom four, make your first attack against the opponent in the enemy bottom 4 that you think you have the best chance of 3 starring, or just wait it out and if they're all 3 starred, you can make all your attacks high up for 1 star loot grabs.
    2. If you aren't confident in 3 starring someone 5 ranks below you or higher, do not attack lower that that right away. Wait until after the first 12 hours of war to give lower ranking people a shot to take them out. IF there are stars available lower after that, then feel free to clean up.
  2. Your first attack should be during the first 12 hours of the war except as covered above.
  3. Your second attack should be a 'clean-up' attack against an enemy that has already been attacked that hasn't been 3*d, unless everything below you has been 3 starred or you can't increase the stars on anyone below you.
  4. If there are no more available or doable 3* attacks below you, hit higher for loot if we're in the lead. If we're not, try anyway as we need the stars.
  5. Our top folks (top 5? top 10?) should delay their second attack to let lower and mid-level folks clean-up what they can first.
  • Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

Sadly my new hours at work have me in bed about 2 hours before war starts and by the time I get home its already 18+ hours into the war thus both of my attacks put me at the end of war. I also havent been on my phone much in the past two weeks...

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Sadly my new hours at work have me in bed about 2 hours before war starts and by the time I get home its already 18+ hours into the war thus both of my attacks put me at the end of war. I also havent been on my phone much in the past two weeks...

Doesn't real life suck some days? <g>

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Exceptions are understandable.

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625