Clash of Clans

Yeah, I have low level troops coming out my ears, happy to keep giving them out. With 3 barracks, takes me under a minute to make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I downloaded it and have been busy building. Do I need to worry much about protecting non-resource related buildings buildings like barracks?

Anything that doesn't collect or store resources is useless to protect. Leave it outside and use the extra walls to build bulkhead and sections inside you base so that once they breach, they only get to a few buildings. My base is an example of this, and has been awesome in defense against people my own level. I still get smashed by people with higher level town halls than me that have very upgraded units, but they suffer a big penalty to the amount of resources they can steal because of it, and it gives me a shield. The only things I protect are my defenses, my banks, and my town hall. The town hall you can leave outside if you don't care about trophies yet. People will be more likely to destry it and you'll get longer shields when they do.

That's one thing I like about being high in the trophy count for my toewn hall level, it's higher level people at those trophy levels and hence attacking me and they get less resources, so I get shields for losing less resources.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So, here's my setup right now. If I had more walls, it'd be a bit different. My goal is protecting my banks and mortar. I use the barracks as an additional "wall" for my town hall for the ones going for trophies. Having a good defense to me also means making sure my mortar is decently protected and hard to get to while maintaining the best radius on it I can. So far I have had only 2-3 defeats and both took a lot of troops and only were defeats by getting my town hall. I don't believe any of them have been 100% damage or resource defeats.

11984595205_daa4f34615_c.jpg

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

That looks good to me! Yeah, I protect my mortar above all else, it tends to be what people gun for. That and the wizard tower. Right now I have them right next to each other, but I have 2 spring traps right next to the wizard tower to get rid of any giants they try to rush the wall with. It saved my bacon on one attack so far.

I'm excited, next town hall level I get another mortar and wizard tower.

500 / 330 / 625

What does it take to smash a mortar? I'm still purposely keeping my trophies down to avoid them.

The mortar's weakness is it does shit dps, relying on doing some damage to a crowd but not much to an individual, just enough for the other towers to one shot them after. Takes a mortar 2-4 hits to kill barbarians and archers and many more for giants. I typically send a bunch of giants after it, the key is placing them so they go there first. As far as hp goes, it's actually slightly less than archers and cannons.

500 / 330 / 625

As long as you always have your builders working, you're good. I'm behind on my resource upgrading, so I get most of my resources from raiding.

500 / 330 / 625

As long as you always have your builders working, you're good. I'm behind on my resource upgrading, so I get most of my resources from raiding.

I started doing that yesterday, but had let my bank upgrades fall behind to the point I kept maxing out since both workers were busy and I couldn't spend my resources. I ended up just buying some decorations just so I could continue playing for resources :)

Then once one worker finished, I spent all my gold on wall upgrades....such a money sink!

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I started doing that yesterday, but had let my bank upgrades fall behind to the point I kept maxing out since both workers were busy and I couldn't spend my resources. I ended up just buying some decorations just so I could continue playing for resources :)

Then once one worker finished, I spent all my gold on wall upgrades....such a money sink!

If I have walls, I do that. I spend all the money except what I need for the next upgrade if it costs gold on walls. Once wall upgrades run out, I tend to get maxed banks a lot, which is why I get attacked by higher level players a lot. I'm easy money. This push for 1250 to get those gems is killing me, so many powerful poeple picking on me.

500 / 330 / 625

Data reception on my cell at work has been super spotty the last 2 weeks. Once minute I have it, then nothing for 3 hours or the entire day. It's killing me!

500 / 330 / 625

Data reception on my cell at work has been super spotty the last 2 weeks. Once minute I have it, then nothing for 3 hours or the entire day. It's killing me!

You and me both! This damn building is the Bermuda triangle for cell phone reception. I feel like I have to go out in the hall from time to time just to collect on my resources since my office area has been giving me problems. The worst is when you are attacking someone and in the middle of it, boom....reception dies. GRRRRRR....

You and me both! This damn building is the Bermuda triangle for cell phone reception. I feel like I have to go out in the hall from time to time just to collect on my resources since my office area has been giving me problems. The worst is when you are attacking someone and in the middle of it, boom....reception dies. GRRRRRR....

Though it's like the battle never happened, you don't lose or win it or lose the troops. I'm gettin' me a Farady Cage and sticking the phone in there every time I'm gonna lose.

500 / 330 / 625

I swear this game is going to make me end up being late to a class. Every time I get a couple of minutes in the hallway I start playing the damn thing. Yesterday I looked up to realize I was going the opposite direction of my next class x(

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Whoops!

500 / 330 / 625