Fellowship of the Fit

Hey, are you guys still open to folk? I messaged on the other Fellowship of the Fit board but just noticed this one!

Probably,  the_osprey hasn't posted for some times now but if you watch the spreadsheet there're 3 places left.

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

STR 11 | DEX 0 | STA 10 | CON 0 | WIS 3 | CHA 0 

Challenges: #3 #2 #1 My Fitbit: Fitbit

My Group: RPG Fanatics

"Life is a Tango, if you slip away, just continue dancing"

Guest lcmonty11

Okay, I'm gonna jump right in!  I would really love some specific accountability, so if you're willing to trade emails and check in every day or so, that would be amazing.  I'm happy to do the same and ask how things are going towards your goals. Even a video check-in every now and then would be cool, I just have a time difference to deal with. :P

The good: I'm 30 and I teach social science overseas in Kazakhstan (it's south of Russia and west of Mongolia).  I've also taught in Chicago, LA, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi and have traveled a ridiculous number of countries in the last 3.5 years.  I'm also a freelance photographer, divemaster, and (occasionally) yoga teacher.  I was a huge gamer before I moved overseas in 2009 (FPS classics and indie games mostly on any console) and until a year ago I was a marathoner/50K runner.  Other than that I read, blog, and try to survive the -40 degree weather here. X(

The bad: In my last marathon a year ago I injured my knee really badly (at PT my doc said my form's been slightly off for decades and now my muscles/joints are failing after all the stress on them).  Then a few months later I pulled a muscle in my back and through stupid, every day stuff have continued to irritate or pull it again a couple more times since.  My knee still bothers me throughout the day (I can't even sit cross-legged in yoga) and my last back episode was over the holidays, so it took a few weeks just to bend down to put socks on. 

The ugly: A year ago I was in the best shape of my life.  Because of the injuries keeping me more sedentary, the tumultuosness of living in 3 countries just in 2013 and traveling to another, heaps of stress, and a generous helping of poor self-control, I'm now in the worst shape of my life (not that I'm much worse than average,  just in terrible shape for me). For this challenge I've implemented the diet recommendations from 4 Hour Body which has gone well before (I can tell you that I cannot WAIT for Saturday when I have my binge day and, coincidentally, my off day from the gym). I'm a little uncertain of workouts to do while injured (Should I not be lifting? Or just not certain moves? Stick to body weight workouts?), but I think I've found a PT here and I guess I'll be swimming and cycling more.  

The worst: The last year has been incredibly challenging.  A long-term relationship ended, I moved around the world twice (exciting in theory, shitty to actually deal with), injuries have played a part in not-great body image/self-esteem, and work has been stressful off the charts.  So the worst part is that my outlook/general mood has been souring over time and I've fallen into a negative funk. 

My challenge goal is about getting to a happier overall state, which you can read about if you click the link below.  There's a physical, spiritual, work, and financial component to it and I could use some accountabilibuddies to help me make them all happen!  Sorry to go on for so freaking long--this feels so self-involved...

Like Osprey, I tend to disappear for days at a time. So imagine my surprise when i find this whole slew of nerds to lean on for this challenge. This is great!

So everyone knows a bit about me and where I'm coming from, here we gooooo ... 

I'm Melissa, or MelHay. I used to work at a place with 2 people named Melissa so I got the nickname - the first three letters of my first and last names - and I kind of like it. But now, I'm a 42yo SAHM with twin 9yo sons, one with special needs. He can take up time at the most unexpected junctures, but that's part of the game as it were. I live near Memphis, TN (no, I have not seen Elvis, but I have had some most excellent BBQ) and have lived in this area of the country (deep south) my whole life.

I've never been very athletic or anything like that. My body changed in 4th grade and I've been a pudgy thing ever since. My top non pregnancy weight was 205. I'm down to between 180-185 depending on what week it is. I want to get down to 155, if not more. I do need to research and see what %BF I should have. 

My nerd pleasures (not vices mind you) RPGs (Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect), and books mainly. I have dabble in knitting, comics, and anything else that seems cool at the time. 

Those are the basics, please feel free to PM me if you don't see me in a couple of days! I stink at accountability ... 

MelHay333

Melissa Haynes

Human Level 1 (working toward Druid/Ranger)

Str 0 Dex 0 Sta 0 Con 0 Wis 0 Cha 0 

Not all who wander are lost. 

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in here.  Sorry about not posting for awhile, I just started a new job and it's totally eaten most of my free time.  I've been too exhausted when I get home to use the computer.  I have this morning off, so I wanted to at least pop in and say hi.

I'm so exciting to see all these new members - and by all means, join now!  I don't think there's any particular rule on it, but the more the merrier.   I miss working all day on my computer, I'd be posting like crazy.  Let's get things active again, though!  I need to be held accountable too. :D  

So everyone, roll call.  What have you been up to this week and how's it going?

I'm working crazy hours, so I haven't been keeping to my challenge as well as I wanted.  However, my new job is incredibly active, and I have managed to get a few good workouts in this week.  I've lost 4 lbs (not part of my intention, but I'll take it).   My big accomplishment is that I managed 10 seconds in an unsupported handstand for the first time!  

So how about you all?  Where'd you fall short, what are you kicking ass at?

• Like 1

The Osprey

Race: Half- Elf | Class: Aspiring Ranger

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA ]

Current Challenge: Learning to Fly |  My group: Fellowship of the Fit

For my part I was kicking ass all the way around.
My goal was to be at 175 pounds at the end of my challenge and I'm already at 178.7 (from 190) and I've still 3 weeks to go !
I was planning on doing bodywight level 1 during my challenge but I'm doing level 2 instead so that's better ^_^

I'm falling a little bit short on going to bet between 22 and 23 though. Not by that much, going around 23:30. Doing overtime, training, snowboarding, personnal video game project and such, need a lot of time, sadly. But that's ok for me, I'm not going to bed at 2 am anymore on week days like I used to.

But the most important stuff is that I'm HAPPY to workout and stay active and even more happy to eat almost (95%) paleo everyday and enjoying all the food I make.

TL;DR : Everything goes better than expected ^_^

• Like 1

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Jeff, it's really exciting that you're doing so well!  Congratulations!  Really exciting to hear someone is being a bad ass this week, in every aspect of your life!  I've got a personal video game project going with a friend, myself, but he and I haven't been putting many hours into it lately.  You've inspired me to dive back into that!

• Like 1

The Osprey

Aghhh, I totally ended up balancing out today.  I did an amazing, kickass workout this morning, but ended the day with pizza.  Ah well.

Also, I'm giving everyone another day to respond to my roll call before I start sending PMs.  (Because no one's allowed to be as flaky as I am. :P)

The Osprey

I'M NOW OFFICIALLY LEVEL 1.
3 weeks have passed. I'm SO happy.

On the scale this morning, 177.5 (from 190, 3 weeks ago). Going down to 175 won't be hard at all. I've still 3 weeks to lose 2.5 pounds.

My waist, 36.8 (from 39, 3 weeks ago).

I'm proud of myself. ^_^

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I've been rather flakey but I promise that I'm mostly doing well with the foods I eat and working out at least 3x a week

now, about me:

I am 25 living in California, U.S. and I have a 6 year old boy. I am going to school to be an aviation mechanic and I cannot wait to graduate! I'm not so good to just talk about myself ... What I can say is that this is my FOURTH time losing weight (30-45 pounds) because I eventually always give up. It's frustrating but I only have me to blame.

Angelgoone

What exactly do you eat and how do you workout ?

I make dinner daily. We only eat out on weekends and that's only twice a weekend (so one cheat meal for Saturday and Sunday). Our side consist of plenty of garlic and onion with mushrooms and quinoa or beans, occasionally rice with quinoa and our main dish is almost always chicken something or other. I eat well and I incorporate as many veggies as I can (I love vegetables) but changing my meals didn't help...maybe I should measure my portions?

as far as exercise goes, I am now doing at least 30 minutes of basic at home routines like jump roping, rough housing, I use resistance bands and light dumbbells and follow through with a routine on a phone app I've downloaded. Its fairly nifty and I tend to enjoy the app timing me and guiding me through the work outs. But please, how can I improve or get better results?

Angelgoone

This time, it'll be the one ! ^_^

We're here to help you out.

I second that.  We're all a bit flaky at times (except for Jeff, who's amazing and constantly on the ball), but everyone here is lovely and incredibly encouraging.  We'll totally help you make this challenge successful!

The Osprey

I second that.  We're all a bit flaky at times (except for Jeff, who's amazing and constantly on the ball), but everyone here is lovely and incredibly encouraging.  We'll totally help you make this challenge successful!

HAHAHA ^_^. Like I said, I'm in front of a computed the majority of my day time and I check this forum really often :)

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

I achieved my main quest this morning. I wanted to be at 175 lbs within 6 weeks. I took me exactly 4 weeks to do so. From 191 to 175 :).
I went on the scale this morning and I was at 174.3.

Hurray !

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Congrats!!! That's a huge goal.  I'm still alive, but still working like crazy.  I'm basically asleep or at work.  :/  

Since most people failed our roll call, I'm calling for a burst of PMs.  Everyone, PM someone in our group.  Say hi, see how they're doing, and  make a new friend. :D

• Like 1

The Osprey

O hey! Well, I'm still not losing weight but I know it's cuz I'm not working out hard. I'm eating better food and have completely cut out junk (processed) but with stress and natural occurrences, I seem to be delaying the progress. But I am a bit more excited that I'm just making time during the day to lift a few weights and jump around during the day and making it more routine than random. 

Angelgoone

Hi people ! I discovered HabitRPG last week. It's a free "software" that allows you to track good/bad habits with an old school RPG look. 
By doing good habit you gain experiences and by doing bad habits, you lose HP.
You can level up, get gears, buy stuffs, have pets/mounts, and a lot more goodies :) 

https://habitrpg.com

I've a party with 3 of my friends, if you want to join, just copy your User ID here (click your char > setting > API) and I'll send you an invite ^_^

Level 3 Norse Adventurer

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines