JessFit's Fire

Hello darlin's. Today I start this battle log in place of my regularly scheduled challenge. In these next six weeks I've got a LOT to shoot for, mostly personal. In the physical sense I'm going to stop worrying about how many times a week I run or whatever. Instead the goals are lots of productive, little stress, and a physical reboot. Dropping the weights I lift, only fitting in lifting/running when I can and want to. Also lots of paleo meals, but again, no stress over that, and lots of yoga and journaling to keep me focused.

The theme for this not-challenge is pulled from Mulan:

Tranquil as a forest, but on fire within.

It really is time to re-center and kick some ass. I haven't worked out in about 3 weeks, and I'm ok with that. I start my physical reboot with a yoga retreat this weekend. I'm so excited. I've been giving myself some time off and I feel that this is a great thing for me to start my year with both physically and mentally. YAY!

Now...

Tranquil+as+a+forest+but+on+fire+within+

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

With all the strength of a raging fire.

bow-bitches.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Yippee!  It's going to be a great weekend, I just know it!  How do I know it?  Because when I went to get coffee this morning they were blasting Cher and it was a coffeehouse dance party.  I immediately thought of you.  See, my logic in unfalliable.  ;-)

Love this! Friday was extra crappy, but the weekend is getting much better! Plus I've got the new Cher CD that I plan to rip the celophane off today. Thanks for thinking of me

I agree with Wendy! A Cher coffeehouse dance party is a very good omen.

Jess, I wish you lots of luck and all of the girl power!  (I too will be singing 'Be a man' for the rest of the day)

mulan.gif

Girl Power! Makes me think of the Spice Girls... yeah!

So the yoga retreat was wonderful, my shoulder felt stiff at the beginning of the day but fine as I kept going. Now I'm feeling it, hoping that it isn't real damage :( Oh well, taking off from the gym today and being super-extra productive in my personal life. And watching Downton, because I <3 Downton.

The yoga retreat brought in teachers from india, Egypt, Austria, and England. Makes me want to get my yoga teacher training done even more! Also, makes me realize that I need to spend some more time reading and meditating. I came home with the Bhagavad Gita and I'm going to use that as a chance to expand my thinking.

Hope that everyone is having a fantastic weekend

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Glad you enjoyed your yoga retreat.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Sounds like a lovely weekend!  I read a bit of Bhagavad Gita a long time ago.  Would be good to revisit it. 

Hope you enjoy Downton.  I've never seen it, but for the longest time I read it as "Downtown Abbey" and kept wondering why I'd see it misspelled so often as Downton.  Some days I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.  :)

Downton is commonly believed to be a misspelling, that is ok! And Scratchbacca would be a formidable foe!

Today's game plan is to work my way through my to-do list and get a good bit of cleaning done and in between do some planks and burpees. My biggest problem this time of year is the sweets and grains cravings. I want pasta, I want grilled cheese on worthless white bread, I want doriots and a pop and gummy bears. I'm giving into these more than I want to but I'm trying very hard to control how much I take in and eat really healthy meals so my snacking isn't as detrimental. Why oh why are the grains and sweets so hard to give up?

79a30cbc803f6d330dbf528f3803be53.jpg

Current Challenge

Battle Log

And how did your game plan work out for you?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Did pretty well. No planks or burpees, but I cleaned the turtle tank so I was carrying 2 gallon buckets of water back and forth. Plus, lots of productitude! :) Today is also scheduled for productitude! My "sad" lamp for 5 minutes every morning is really helping and I'm moving much more quickly and far less lethargic than usual this time of year. Yay!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

That's great to hear.  Glad you're doing well in the face of winter.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yesterday I gave in and on my way home and headed to 5 guys. I was totally over on my calories because of it too but oh well, worth it. Not so much productitude last night but instead I worked on some de-stressing. Tried some meditation but it is harder in a house with other people. I couldn't clear my mind and my mom had the TV going in the livingroom and I could hear it over my music. Must explore other times of day and places to meditate in my house. Also did some light yoga and worked on Crow pose. I will get the crow poses down soon! (Then I need to learn a handstand and go from crow into a handstand, dream big, right?) 2 days staright of journaling done, happy with that. Today is another day full of productitude and my first day with my beloved weights in over 3 weeks!

ab1193efd6a7c4acbf85783beaa99860.jpg

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Yesterday I gave in and on my way home and headed to 5 guys. I was totally over on my calories because of it too but oh well, worth it. Not so much productitude last night but instead I worked on some de-stressing. Tried some meditation but it is harder in a house with other people. I couldn't clear my mind and my mom had the TV going in the livingroom and I could hear it over my music. Must explore other times of day and places to meditate in my house. Also did some light yoga and worked on Crow pose. I will get the crow poses down soon! (Then I need to learn a handstand and go from crow into a handstand, dream big, right?) 2 days staright of journaling done, happy with that. Today is another day full of productitude and my first day with my beloved weights in over 3 weeks!

ab1193efd6a7c4acbf85783beaa99860.jpg

That shirt is awesome

Hey, I'm your battle logs first Ninja.  

guitar%2Bninja.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Awesome shirt is awesome.

Meh, 5 Guys is just one day of your life and it sounds like it provided some much needed joy.  Go with it! :) 

I hope you find a calm time for your meditation.  It can be so hard with distractions and that really negates the whole thing.  I'm cheering for CalmJess.

Weight lifting and productitude wins today! I haven't lifted in weeks and I'm amazing how much harder the lower weights were than I had anticipated. SO SORE! Work weights:

Squat 3x5x135

bench 3x5x60 (fairly easy)

DL 1x5x125

Lat pulldown 1x5x50kg (or something, I don't remember)

Really had to work for the squat and DL which surprised me. I'm glad I chose to drop my weights back and build back up. I think I needed this and needed the opportunity to focus on form. I also did a lot of cleaning, laundry, dinner cooking, and personal productitude tonight. My mom brought me meditation CDs from India when she was there so I uploaded those to my computer for meditation help.

I'm debating trying something scary on Friday, I'm debating trying a hang clean, and then maybe stepping it up to the power clean. I've been avoiding those for the past 6 months but I think I'm going to grab 2014 by the gonads and do what I'm terrified of. Wish me luck!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

You don't need luck, you've got this!  Go Jess, go!

Level 2 Warforged Druid