JessFit's Fire

Thank you for the fruit leather, by the way.  That looks like something I can do, though my oven doesn't go that low.  I'll think of something.

I agree with going off your meal plans for food that is worth it.  Some places are just crap (and cheap, so the work places go there) but some use good ingredients and seem that much better.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Let me be clear. I understand the psychology behind everyone perceiving that the world is full of jerks and that they are not. I'm also fairly sure that you (and anyone else on this board) are way more awesome than the average citizen. I think the average citizen is a tool bag. That is why I avoid the public at all costs. I go to the grocery store at the butt crack of dawn so I don't run into jackass parents with out-of-control children and the d-bags that put their cart in the middle of the isle. This keeps me from stabbing sprees.

I've had this same discussion with Jenn before. We came to the conclusion that yes we are not perfect, but we also have educated ourselves and consider others feelings and do everything in our power to not be "those people". So we are the best... obviously.

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Yay so much love!

giphy.gif

So, they're bringing us food again for lunch. Some sort of BBQ and cornbread, we've had it before and it isn't very good. I brought leftover chicken and squash soup so I'll be avoiding the junk they provide. Yay paleo lunch! It is surprisingly easy to avoid their icky food. Especially since I know that this weekend Mom and friends and I are going out to lunch at my favorite Italian place, so I keep thinking of that as "worth it" not paleo food and this stuff as not worth it not paleo food.  

I agree with Jitters.  If you are going to eat something non paleo it better kick ass in the taste department. Once upon a time BW made pizza from scratch that was HELLA AMAZING because she used really fresh ingredients. I'd be happy to have that for a non paleo meal, while major chain pizza is not worth it.

Continue to strut down the (cornbread free) path of awesome! 

• Like 1

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

In Philly we are known for our cheesesteaks, but we also make a mean roast pork sandwich. It is usually accompanied with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe. Basically I took the idea of that sandwich and made it into a pizza w/ soppresata (sp?), broc rabe, provolone and mozzarella. It was awesome! I'll have to make it into a paleo-friendly pizza some time. I will not sacrifice cheese on a pizza though. I have my limits.

Waterballoon kamakize! 

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I understand the gym frustration, but try an reserve for the real jerks there. Remember that everyone does things differently, so I try not to judge what one person does vs what I would do. I think Dwayne Johnson says it best when he talks about working out. FOCUS. Focus on the lift. Focus on the task at hand. Don't worry about the song. Don't worry about the guys next to you. Just focus on your lift. Otherwise you're cheating yourself. Something like that. I try to do this because I am self conscious, but I just try to work on me, and not worry about them. Distractions hurt us. 

Also, I've learned to just ask people if they're hogging a machine. So far, I've been lucky and no backlash. Just a simple yes or no. 

Either way you're doing great! Just keep it up! Keep eating that good food. Keep denying that crappy food. Just not worth it. And when that good stuff does come around...it tastes soo much better.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Yes binge watching may be the only way to go.  When in doubt we throw on Parks & Rec (as you may have guessed).  When Game of Thrones comes back in April it will be tough to watch only 1 per week.  I know nothing about this Downton Abby, I hear good things though.  Might have to try that when we are done our  (7th cough cough) re-watching of P&R.

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

Jess!  I thank you for your constant inspiration.  The fruit leather is going to be attempted this weekend.  I wish you nothing but awesomesauce for today.  You're going to crush it.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

tumblr_mvwhudQBu91skbydco1_500.gif

And you know why.  

tumblr_m5wks2ebPd1r4my8ko1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm going to try with frozen mango this weekend.  I'll have to let you know how it goes.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm curious about the papaya as well.  It might be a tropical weekend.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

That sounds beyond fantastic!

So my mom took some of my paleo zouppa toscana to wouk for one of our friend's that she works with. Our friend LOVED it! They're having soup and salad day at my mom's work next week, people are supposed to bring in something and my mom got asked to bring in soup. She said that after as excited as her friend was about it she was hoping that I would make more of it for her to take to work. Really guys, try it. it is amazing

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Going to be tried.  Sassy Sausage for the win!  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Ok, so yesterday I totally blew the paleo thing and ate great fried stuff. That is going to happen a few more times in the next couple weeks. Why? In celebration, because yous ee, yesterday I GOT A NEW JOB! It is a total big girl job and I'll have benefits and insurance and everything and almost double the pay I'm at now!

I'M SO EXCITED! Handed in my 2 week notice today. Didn't feel right posting until I had done that. I start the 17th. I'm really excited because this comes after only a little over 2 weeks of applying for a job. Special thanks to Jitters for his support and interview prep help and Kid for getting me the resume help hookup. Also, to all of you, your support has been invaluable and being accountable here has kept me on track.

I had 3 quantifiable 2014 goals: 1. get the powerclean 2. Get a great new job and 3. pay off my smallest loan with the higest interest rate. 1 and 2 are now done. And 2 enables me to do 3 much easier! Yay!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

hgi82V5.gif

That was pretty much what I looked like when she told me.  I wasn't sure about wearing hoops yesterday, but I pulled it off.  

And way to go Jess.  You've got one quantifiable goal left for this year and you got it.  Way to kick ass in life.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid