Third time the charm!

Tinessael

So, this is (damn it!) my third time trying to complete a nerdfitness challenge. And damn it, I'm gonna do it. 

I have decided to cut back down on my goals, because I probably  make them too big for me. 

Edit: Oh, things have changed. 

Main quest is: Lose weight! I want to reach my goal weight of 110 pounds. Don't worry I am really small, so the weight will  be perfectly healthy for me.  (Be healthy and fit and kick-ass is included in this main goal I think)

I won't do any life quests ( i don't have to, right? i think I understood the FAQ right)

So, first thing: 
1) Do sports three times a week, for at leaaaaast 30 minutes, with 50 minutes (altogether 150 minutes) as a goal. 
-Continue with half-marathon training if possible, do insanity, yoga, university sports centre or my collection of workouts from Seventeen (I started the collection when I was 13! But it is really big and has a lot of exercises). 

2) Stick to low carb, carbs making up NO MATTER WHAT, 20% or under of my daily food. 

3) Log everything and wear my fitbit. 

WEEK 1 (6th January-12th January)
: I did sports once, but for 70 minutes. (6,4 km Fartlek run) :D
I sticked to low carb on 5 days out 7: C
I wore my fitbit everyday and I logged everything: A

Summary: C

Week 2 (13th-19th January)

3 x sports: an A
under 20% Carbs on 6 out of 7 days: a B
Logging everything and wearing my fitbit: an A!

Summary: A

Week 3 (20th-26th January)
3x Sports: An A
Logging everything and wearing my fitbit: an A
Under 20% on 5/7: a C

Summary: B

Week 4 (27th Jan-2th Feb)
Sports: F
Logging everything and wearing my fitbit: A
Under 20% carbs: A

Week 5 (3rd-9th Feb)
Sports (once): D
Logging everything and wearing the fitbit: B 
Under 20% carbs: an A

Week 6 (10-16th February)

Sports (three long walks): A
Logging everything and wearing the fitbit: A 
Under 20% carbs: an A

Summary: A

General summary: B :) 

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

Hey, awesome, people in my thread! Thank you so much for your encouragement. 

And I like the expression "with minimum space requirements" for my size  :playful:

Anyway, yesterday I did 45 min of Insanity and 30 minutes weight-lifting (upper body). 
Today 30 min ab work. 
Both days low carb, and wearing my fitbit. 

Where did all the people go? :( 

Yeah ok, haven't been updating it much. 

BUT: weekly summary: }
Today: 45 minutes of Insanity. That means that *drumroll* I actually completed the goal of sports 3 x week. AND exactly 150 minutes. 
I wore my fitbit and logged everything the whole week. 
And I stayed under 20% for 6 days out of 7, and on Saturday I had 20,2%. So I am inclined to let that count as well, considering I was out drinking! I thought the menu said chicken wings, but they had chicken crispies, so breaded and instead of mayo I somehow got barbecue sauce (pure sugar apparently). 

General: I've gone from 144,6 to 141,8 pounds, but this was still the initial water weight that comes down, so from now on it should be better. 

On the other hand, I had today a really nice eating day, which was paleo other than my protein shake. 
Breakfast: 3 eggs with a tomato, champignons and 1/2 of a bell pepper. 
Lunch: a turkey breast, prepared with onions and carrots with stewed vegetables (something like ratatouille: tomato, eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini)
Dinner: Vanilla protein shake with low fat milk, (I buy pasteurized and homogonized milk, because a) I don't drink a lot of it, so fresh milk would go bad in my fridge every time I buy it.  B) My boyfriend is against buying non-pasteurized milk, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, 2 tbsp of flax seeds, and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.  

• Like 1

Thanks!

So. Today was a truly awful day, where everything went wrong and I really really wanted a comfort food. The problem is that on my way home I usually pass a candy wending machine and an icecream wending machine. Yes, they exist and it is horrible. BUT I resisted it. 

I did overeat at home, but they were more-or-less paleo comfort foods, (greek yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder and paleo pancakes from almond flour, bananas and egg with melted chocolate... and yes, ok, strawberry jam) and even if I ate an insane amount of calories, I am still lowcarb, so... I actually did not know how many calories did almond flour have. :D

And then I exercised a bit, I did the cardio recovery from Insanity and some ab work and after ranting to my bf, my mum, and another friend I am ready to face tomorrow again. 

So, 45 minutes of exercise done already! 

Resisting vending machines FTW!!

Sounds like you are doing a great job!, even if you overate, you sticked to your plan and did not get off the wagon. Keep on rocking!"

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

... paleo pancakes from almond flour, bananas and egg with melted chocolate... and yes, ok, strawberry jam) and even if I ate an insane amount of calories, I am still lowcarb, so... I actually did not know how many calories did almond flour have. :D

Paleo pancakes exist!?! O_o ... Wow learning new things everyday. Great find and keep up the good work : )

Munqi
Monkey | Level 3 |

|STR: 4|DEX: 3|STA: 2|CON: 4|WIS: 3|CHA: 3|
Challenges:
1st | 2nd | 3rd
Strength

3%
3%

Flexility
2%
2%

Sleep
3%
3%

I came home so depressed I just googled paleo comfort foods and the pancakes popped out. They were really delicious, but very filling (had also tons of calories) because of the fat and protein. 

I do just everything...I used to do dancing, but I really didn't have enough stamina/ strengh for that, so I thought I would focus rather on fitness, and then I came to love it that much that I don't really want to go back. But I still want to complete a ballet course maybe. 

My goal right now is just do anything, really anything to do with exercise for three times a week because I have enourmous problems with consistency and moderation. I've had really often that I start with a huge motivation, train 1-2 weeks really hard, exhaust or even worse injure myself and don't do anything for the next 1-2 months. 

So, yesterday was another pretty bad day, but today was good. I ate very little because I had to skip lunch :( but I made a good choice while eating out (baked feta cheese with veggies), AND did 30 minutes of yoga at home. 

So everything is more-or-less good :) 

You are doing good, you better give small steps and keep going, than trying to give large ones and stop after a short while!

german

monkey scout

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Yeah, and I really don't want to injure myself!

So: this week I always wore my fitbit and logged everything. So that's a check. 
Yesterday I did another Insanity workout (pretty sore now), so I also did the 3 x 30 minutes exercising, to be exact I even did 45, 30 and 40 minutes!
I had two parties this week and I didn't manage to stay low carb on them. But if I will stay on track today, it will be again 5/7 days where I did stay under 20% carbs. 

I have decided to let the first week count towards the grading, but I will not attribute myself the points until I've been posting here for three weeks. So one more week to go! 

I've gained some weight after the two parties, especially the second one with the cocktails and everything, but I've still lost 0.3 pounds this week! 

Ok, weekly update. i did overeat, but I stayed awesomely under 10% carbs all the time. (Even while drinking!)
I aaaalways wore my fitbit and even charged it at the correct time. I logged everything on loseit. 

But I didn't do sports. any. none, zero. :( Somehow this week was just very stressful and I kept coming home late, and had to study and blergh. 

But it is also my third week on the challenge. So Level 1. :) 

There is still time to finish strong!

german

monkey scout

I am still on the challenge! Ihaven´t forgotten you guys or my health or my goals. I am just spending so much time on computer already, that I haven't had the time to update.  

-I always wore my fitbit, and I stayed awesomely under 20% carbs, recently starting to stay under 15%!

- I did log everything, but I left out a couple of small cookies and gummy bears, so I am going to take one grade away from me for last week. 

I did catch a cold last week, so my only sports was 30 minutes on indoor bicycle and 10 pushups. 

But this week I have taken for two days long walks in the town (pretty fast paced). So I am going to count that as at least 30 minutes of exercise every day!  ( I did hit awesome 20 000 steps on both days)

Aaaaand now I can promote myself to LEVEL 1. Yippeeee!

Yes, of course! Had an exhausting  en bloc class about emergency medicine over the weekend in another town, so I had to wake up at 6 am, be in that town at 7:30, then we had 10 hours theory and practical blocks until 5, followed by a practical and written exam... and the same thing on Sunday. bad thing: There were ONLY cookies and pizza to eat, but after asking nicely they ordered me a salad! 

But: I took three very long walks, so I am going to count that as exercise. That's an A. 
Food: I discovered bullet proof coffee, and it is awesome. I am full for hours and get less carb cravings. I stayed under 20% the whole time! That's an A. 
On Valentine's day it came close because of junk food (breaded mozzarella sticks/ chicken nuggets/ onion rings), but I also resisted a cocktail and limited myself to red wine - 19,6% of carbs. And I lost some weight this week. 

And I always wore my fitbit and logged everything. So that's an A as well. 

Summary will be in the first post. 

Yes! I have thought that as well :D

I will just copy this from the summary thread: 

yay finally I managed to do a whole challenge on Nerdfitness. I really think the new system with main goal and three small goals makes it easier, as well as the half-way upleveling!

Main quest was: Lose weight! I want to reach my goal weight of 110 pounds. Don't worry I am really small, so the weight will  be perfectly healthy for me.  (Be healthy and fit and kick-ass is included in this main goal I think)

- I started from 144,6 pounds and now I have reached 140,9 pounds. So that's 4 pounds lost in 6 weeks and since I've been gaining for the last year I am very proud of it. 

So, first thing: 
1) Do sports three times a week, for at leaaaaast 30 minutes, with 50 minutes (altogether 150 minutes) as a goal. 
-Continue with half-marathon training if possible, do insanity, yoga, university sports centre or my collection of workouts from Seventeen (I started the collection when I was 13! But it is really big and has a lot of exercises). 

-This was the worst challenge, with one week of no sports at all, and often with only one time per week or only walking. That's definitely something I have to work on, but my hope is that since it is getting warmer and sunnier it will be much easier for me. So that will be a C for me. 

Plan: I will start serious training for the half marathon during the next challenge  :)

2) Stick to low carb, carbs making up NO MATTER WHAT, 20% or under of my daily food. 

It was successful and a good goal, difficult at first and it got easier in the end, but it's a B altogether.

So I will make it more difficult for me next time and will strive to stay under 50 g of carbs, which seems to be the weight loss zone for me. 

3) Log everything and wear my fitbit. 

A bit too easy, that goal, but it definitely got me into the habit of logging everything and before I leave home in the morning to ask myself - do I have my fitbit? An A!

Next month I will make it a bit more difficult and will try not to go over my set calories.  :)

So it will be a B altogether and I go on to be an Adventurer.   :triumphant: 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines