Only Water for a Full Month!!

So I have officially consumed only water as a beverage for a complete month. I have tried the soda detox before and failed miserably. I wasn't addicted to soda but hated how I always got so many calories from them. My main problem was my chronic migraines. Drinking water while having a headache that is bad enough to make you physically sick is an amazing feat. I am beyond proud of myself. 

Plus, I was wondering how long it takes to kinda cleanse your system of the nasty carbonated jerks. Any ideas?

• Like 3

Six Week Challenge 1

Drop two pants sizes

0%
0%

Congratulations!

Well, if you have been off the soda jerks (giggle) for a whole month, your system is probably pretty clean. Remember kids: the only legitimate use for soda cans and bottles is target practice. Or making fizzy fountains with mentos. :D

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Congrats! I've seen how hard it is to go off soda (roommate tried for lent and was completely miserable). I agree with Silver. If you've been off soda for a month you're sitting clean.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Thanks guys. I am so thrilled with myself its not even funny. I also switched to incline pushups from wall ones today during my workout. I am following Steve's advice and going for 4 sets of 20 reps before advancing. I don't weigh until tomorrow so hopefully I'll see a change there as well. 

No really the place but considering caffeine was one of the only things that would cut my headaches, does anyone have any tips?

Six Week Challenge 1

Drop two pants sizes

0%
0%

If caffeine helps it would be best to drink green tea, black tea (but green is better for you) or black coffee. coffee generally has more caffeine than tea. 

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris

No really the place but considering caffeine was one of the only things that would cut my headaches, does anyone have any tips?

My main problem was my chronic migraines. Drinking water while having a headache that is bad enough to make you physically sick is an amazing feat.

these two statements really jumped out at me as a fellow migraine sufferer.

have your migraines gotten any better since u started drinking only water? personally caffeine is my migraine trigger. i loooove coffee but will get a day when i drink a cup and BOOM migraine within half an hour. i kept a migraine diary and had 3 common factors that happened each time i had a migraine. im also different in the way that when i get a migraine i can down 2litres of water in 10mins and just get so thirsty and all i want is water.

so apparently caffeine does help some people but remember that it can also be a trigger and you need to figure out what your personal triggers are.

just some advice that my doctor gave me which helped me figure out my triggers;

keep a notepad with you and when you get a migraine write down

what you ate/drank that day and day before if u wake up with them

what the weather was like at the time (mine always happen on bright sunny days when there is a lot of glare and it gets to my eyes)

what you were feeling before the attack (ie were you tired, lack of sleep etc)

after doing this for a few months you should notice some common things that may be causing it.

Most common triggers are dairy, caffeine, hormones, fatigue and bright light

Knocking caffeine can be hard, I am addicted.  Soda's are my worst vice, I can say no to most every other food temptation, but god I love a cold Coke.  Cutting the habit is one of my main goals.  This is for both health and financial reasons.  Congrats to you for a full month, I'm only on day three -- sadly a new record. 

'Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths'. -- Walt Disney

Knocking caffeine can be hard, I am addicted.  Soda's are my worst vice, I can say no to most every other food temptation, but god I love a cold Coke.  Cutting the habit is one of my main goals.  This is for both health and financial reasons.  Congrats to you for a full month, I'm only on day three -- sadly a new record. 

No new record is a sad record! Keep up the good work :D

I haven't made a goal, I have made a lifestyle change.

I am not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

It was hard to make changes at first, I will never go back.

The only person that was standing in my way was me.

Now that I have gotten out of my way, nothing can stop me!

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

Challenges -(1),(2),(3), Current

So I have officially consumed only water as a beverage for a complete month. I have tried the soda detox before and failed miserably. I wasn't addicted to soda but hated how I always got so many calories from them. My main problem was my chronic migraines. Drinking water while having a headache that is bad enough to make you physically sick is an amazing feat. I am beyond proud of myself. 

Plus, I was wondering how long it takes to kinda cleanse your system of the nasty carbonated jerks. Any ideas?

This is great! Sodas are liquid garbage... I hope you are free of the soda desease now? :)

If you ever feel a need for sweet drink, you can cook some tea (white, green or black), cool it to 40 degree celsius (or less) and insert a bit of honey.