For serious this time.

So I have been MIA for a few weeks. Life is better in some ways, worse in others. I have completely fallen off the fitness wagon :(

Since I've been home, I have eaten 4 pepperoni pizzas, probably 4 litres of soda, 2 bags of cheetos, 2 boxes of cookies, 10 pieces of KFC chicken (on the positive side, probably the third time I've had KFC. On the negative side, probably the third time I've had KFC.), and many many pretzels. Also I have not exercised since December. Needless to say, I fee l like poo.

Interestingly, I'm only back up to 220lbs. So I got that going for me. :)

But, from here it is full speed ahead, guns blazing, rooty tooty fresh 'n' fruity.

• Like 1

Glad to see you back. I was following your last log and I wondered where you went. I'll be waiting for your next post. :)

Also, KFC's not as bad as it's made out to be if you eat it in moderation... I was checking out their nutrition facts on a lark today and some of their stuff has higher protein/lower calories than any fast food I've seen, even with the breading. Much better for you in moderation than pizza.

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Glad to see you back. I was following your last log and I wondered where you went. I'll be waiting for your next post. :)

Also, KFC's not as bad as it's made out to be if you eat it in moderation... I was checking out their nutrition facts on a lark today and some of their stuff has higher protein/lower calories than any fast food I've seen, even with the breading. Much better for you in moderation than pizza.

Hey thanks :) I will shortly be up and running, I do believe. That's interesting, I didn't realize that about KFC. I suppose since the chicken itself remains basically intact with just a coat of bread on the outside, it would be better than ground up I-don't-want-to-know in a pan :)

• Like 1

Welcome back! Don't beat yourself up.

I got blind stinking drunk on New Year's Eve, was seen in embarrassing photos and puked the next day, and I'm 41 years old.

Psh. What's a few liters of Pepsi to that? KFCs not terrible. And just think, you've met your whole pizza quota for the first quarter if 2014, relieving you of the overwhelming burden of eating anymore! That must come as a relief.

So, dust yourself off and get back in there.

:-p

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

We're glad to have you back.  A new day dawns and you have the whole of it to do as you will.  Make it great

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thank you, guys! You're all so wonderful :) It is good to be back with you fine folks.

Alrighty, let's take an inventory here.

Weight: 220lbs

Fat %: Unknown (I am assuming the excess puddle I've gained in the last month isn't completely fat, just water. After a week on track, I'll measure.)

Stats:

Con: 4

Str: 3

Cha: 1

Dex: 0

Int: 1

Wis: 0

Goal: I'm still sticking with my space cats leggings goal (because yes); however, to this I am adding the following: Weigh 200 lbs by my birthday (which incidentally is also the same day as national Star Wars day. I was destined to be a nerd.) Which means I have 124 days to lose 20 lbs. Or 1.12 lbs per week. I think that's reasonable.

Challenges: So my boyfriend (well, fiancé now :triumphant: ) has moved in with me after 2 years, and I couldn't be happier. However, he eats way way more than I do; and, like me, he tends to follow his stomach in what it wants. Which is fine, I like cooking anyway. But that being the case, it offers a very difficult-to-ignore temptation. I don't want to make him cut out things he likes (like potatoes; he's Irish, it would be almost sacrelige) but I like those things as well, so I eat them because they're there...So. I will be doing a risky dance with self-control these next few months. Because I have very little.

That being said, let's give this another whirligig, shall we?

• Like 1

So. As it turns out I am horrendously busy. I started making a post yesterday and wasn't able to finish because time is not my very best good friend it would seem.

But I shall start over today, since I don't have class until 12:30 and I'm in the library :)

Stats and such! :rapture:

Weight: 217.6 lbs

Body fat: 26.5%

Hooray, off to a good start! I'm still not all the way back into the healthy ways, my mom and I went to a restaurant yesterday and I had a bison burger and like 3 glasses of rootbeer (I don't care, rootbeer is yay) and we had pizza again earlier in the week. But, silver lining: I only ate half a pizza and am actively adding salads before these dinners so at least the grease has some greens to break its fall.

New high scores!

Squat: 100 lbs

Deadlift: 100 lbs

Bench press: 70 lbs

hooray.gif

(I hate this kid but he's expressing my sentiments.)

I'm a bit unsure of going to the gym again. I went once last week and, since I haven't been in a month, I was sore afterwards. Mostly in my legs and lower back. Also went yesterday and I'm still a bit sore. So I'm thinking I'll stall out for a week or two at my current weights to get back into it.

Achievement unlocked! Glutton for punishment - Make it through the holidays and come out the other side without completely ruining all the work you've done to improve yourself. +20 points

Achievement unlocked! Never skip leg day - Squat and deadlift 100 lbs. +10 points

That being said, new stats! +1 to STR

Stats:

Con: 4

Str: 4

Cha: 1

Dex: 0

Int: 1

Wis: 0

Also, personal success: I have not yet purchased food at the cafeteria at school this semester. I cannot express how difficult it is to walk by Panda Express all the time and not look over my shoulder and see that panda, its doleful eyes full of hurt and questioning of my betrayal, and all I can do is whisper, "I'm so sorry" as I turn and walk away as Boys II Men starts to play...

Ok, not really. But it does smell oh-so-good.

• Like 2

Yowza. Is it Friday yet? It feels like Friday. :miserable:

Sooo long week. I miss checking up on everybody. My schedule is the suck :nightmare: I feel like I don't sleep.

Anywhoozies. Couple good things about this week.

Weight: 220.1 lbs I assume this is due to...woman stuffs that may be in my immediate future. :dispirited:

Body fat: 26.3% It's lower than last week, I'll take it! An improvement is an improvement, dadgumit!

Soooo funny story. I was at the gym yesterday, and the dude next to me is deadlifting probably 200 lbs. "Deadlifting". I may still be at the they-really-shouldn't-let-you-touch-the-equipment stage of weightlifting expertise, but even I can spot horrendous form. In comes the weight room hero. You know how some people just tend to be really really loud? Like, they're not doing it on purpose, but they somehow manage to make people in Tennessee go "the hell was that noise?" just by talking as they normally do. Yes. This guy rolls up, and says, "Hey man, you got really terrible form. I just mean bad. You're gonna hurt yourself." Only 50 times louder.

Me: "Pretends to play with ipod and stretch..." :unsure:

Poor kid. I woulda died. :disgust:

But! I have a few new records. That whole "I'm gonna ease back into" idea? Yeah, that didn't happen.

Squat: 110 lbs

Bench press: 80 lbs

Barbell Row: 75 lbs (all I can say about this one is ow ow ow ow)

Food-wise, doing better. My schedule makes eating more of a luxury than anything else, so I'm worried my protein intake is low, especially with pushing the weights. I got this nasty pre-made protein shake thing from the drugstore on Monday after lifting, tasted like a melted milkshake. Er, yesterday. Feels like ages ago. :hypnotysed:

Hope y'all are doing well with your respective challenges!

• Like 1

Aww, don't worry Anneh. You'll catch up on your sleep eventually. :)

Good job on the new records! If the protein shake tastes bad, try making it with skim milk instead of water. It's going to add some protein without adding too many calories.

Good luck and don't give up!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Weight: 220.1 lbs I assume this is due to...woman stuffs that may be in my immediate future. :dispirited:

Body fat: 26.3% It's lower than last week, I'll take it! An improvement is an improvement, dadgumit!

The weight fluctuation is totally normal, but if the tape measurement is going down, you're making progress. Congrats!

And yeah, those premade shakes always taste gross.

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Its Wednesday! I love Wednesdays. Because Odin. :tongue:

My goodness, yesterday was horriblay food-wise. I had a burger with an onion ring and bacon on it. And half a pizza for dinner. And a few cups of soda. And it scares me I don't feel as poo as I should. I'm getting used to mass amounts of junk again :(

What I should do is make a bunch of food on...uh...a day when I have a few hours to spare. Which is...maybe...Fridays? Here's the thing, I'm a full-time student at 2 different schools. I'm taking 28 units I think. So cooking, as much as I love to cook, is difficult to squeeze in.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

But! Good things about today:

1. I have not procrastinated
2. Gym!
Squat: 115 lbs
Deadlift: 105 lbs
Bench press: 85 lbs
I really want to start running again. I felt like more got accomplished. But I bet I'll be starting from ground 0 all over again :(
3. I'm making catfish for dinner!

I've been watching a lot of Duck Dynasty lately. I wish I could live like they do. Go out in the woods everyday and make your own food. My grandma was an old Louisiana pioneer lady, thats show makes me miss her.

• Like 1

Here's an idea: wear that beard of yours when you have to eat junk. That should help you fight the urge, considering how messy it would get. :D

If you don't have much time for cooking, try making soups. I buy a frozen vegetable mix where they are all chopped up, toss that in some broth, add some tomato paste for flavour, maybe some chicken for protein, and boom! Easy quick meal.

Or, you could get a pressure cooker, fill it in the morning and have food ready in the evening. Just make enough for both lunch and dinner.

You're still doing good on the training. Don't give up!

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Here's an idea: wear that beard of yours when you have to eat junk. That should help you fight the urge, considering how messy it would get. :D

If you don't have much time for cooking, try making soups. I buy a frozen vegetable mix where they are all chopped up, toss that in some broth, add some tomato paste for flavour, maybe some chicken for protein, and boom! Easy quick meal.

Or, you could get a pressure cooker, fill it in the morning and have food ready in the evening. Just make enough for both lunch and dinner.

^----This.  Don't give up.  You've got this.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hi SillyAnneh! I didn't know you made a new thread, "and here I was sitting here waiting for your other one to get updated". So glad your back and ready for action!

And gosh gal, you seem busy, and with that much going on, I totally get why you don't have the time to do things like cook sometimes.

It's work experimenting with what @SilverRapier has said and seeing how that fits into your lifestyle. And with your fiance I can see how things are not necessarily easier for ya, but will definitely be that much more rewarding when you find the routine that works for you.

It's a tough situation, but be sure to experiment and see what works for you, this is the journey to a great lifestyle. No one can just jump into it and expect sustainable without trial and error. We'll be there to help you with the high and lows, best of luck! Your a superstar and you've got this! :-)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Guys. For serious, you're my heroes.

Oh my gosh, I wish I still had it. It didn't make it through the Great Closet Purge of 2013, unfortunately. Fare thee well, 99¢ lumberjack beard!

Dude, that is a fantastic idea. I'm aiming to make a trip to the grocery store (since we have basically just water and mustard in our fridge at the moment) and chicken with wild rice soup ingredients is on my list!

Pressure cookers kind of freak me out. But crock pots! I like crock pots. I should invest in a crock pot. I have a little tiny one for onions, but I'd need a super serial one for soups. And beef. And such. I'm just rambling now, I'll stop.

^----This.  Don't give up.  You've got this.

Thank you! I am plugging away :)

Hi SillyAnneh! I didn't know you made a new thread, "and here I was sitting here waiting for your other one to get updated". So glad your back and ready for action! And gosh gal, you seem busy, and with that much going on, I totally get why you don't have the time to do things like cook sometimes. It's work experimenting with what @SilverRapier has said and seeing how that fits into your lifestyle. And with your fiance I can see how things are not necessarily easier for ya, but will definitely be that much more rewarding when you find the routine that works for you. It's a tough situation, but be sure to experiment and see what works for you, this is the journey to a great lifestyle. No one can just jump into it and expect sustainable without trial and error. We'll be there to help you with the high and lows, best of luck! Your a superstar and you've got this! :-) Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, I did not consider that eventuality when I started up a new thread. I am rather busy; school 7 days a week for the foreseeable future. That's a lie. Middle of March and I'll be back to 5 days. It is for sure a lesson in willpower. But hey, what is life without a box of monkey wrenches every now and then :)

• Like 2

Well! I figured hey, I can afford 10 minutes a day to hop on here and see all you lovely folks and your day-to-day wondrousness. 

lsd_2.gif

(I typed "wondrousness" into google and got this picture. Of LSD. LSD for you all! Just kidding. Stay in school, kids.)

So! Let me see here. I don't exactly remember my old format, so let's try something fresh.

tumblr_m2dr0yTisC1r5r4uyo1_500.gif

Today's log!

7am: protein shake; head to school

8-9am: Micro lecture

9-12:30pm: Chemistry tutor room; study; 2 packets of tuna; create this post a touch preemptively.

12:30-1:45pm: chem lecture

2pm-5pm: genetics lab

5:30pm: grocery store!

6:30pm: chicken and wild rice soup for dinner; study until 10pm; sleepytimes.

Today's exercise!

Walking around campus. I have an app on my phone (I just got my first iphone and it's confusing. And my poor, sweet, little ipod has been finally laid to rest. Good night, sweet prince.) that does that whole track where you go when you do a workout, I think it's Nike? Something like that. Anyway, I'm going to track how far I walk everyday that way. ...As soon as I figure out how to do that exactly.

Today's music!

Zoo Brasil - There is Hope

Today's nerdiness!

Never pay for beer again - with a few caveats.

Thoughts?

Mm...mostly chemistry thoughts. My life is chemistry. Everything is chemistry. Chemistry all the things!

• Like 1

Rawrglerblargerlawr!

Yes.

Today's log!

5am: wake up, study

6:30 am: protein shake (~130cal), head to school; gym!

7:30am: library, study; 2 packets tuna (~140 cal)

10am: microbial genetics lecture

11am: home; study (snacks incl. almonds, dried cranberries, seaweed, ect) (~200 cal)

4pm: chem lab (damn you Martin Luther King Jr day! Making me have a makeup lab because school was cancelled *grumble grumble*

7pm: dinner! spaghetti (homemade meat sauce, whole wheat noodles) (~600 cal)

Load up the proteins!! I got sh*t to do. :bull_head:

Today's exercise!

Weightlifting

Squat: 120 lb :)

Overhead Press: 65 lb

Deadlift: 110 lb

Today's music!

Eve 6 - Think Twice

Today's nerdiness!

Shew...um...Oh ok, so I got a case for my phone. It has a horde symbol on it. :) It matches the horde sticker on my car :P Which incidentally is red. Also I'm fixing to make a horde flag to put over the bedroom window. I can neither confirm nor deny that I might possibly like World of Warcraft a little too much. I haven't played since the 15th and it hurts right down in my soul :miserable:

Thoughts?

I feel good today :) Weighed myself this morning, back down to 217. So was just a water fluctuation. Which makes sense, my water consumption is by no means consistent lately. The whole make-a-buttload-of-food-at-a-time thing kinda fell through too. Since I actually have to remember to bring the food with me. :dejection: That's really the only way that works :highly_amused:  Anyway. I have my first test on Sunday. Bright and early Sunday morning. :hurt: I don't even want to think about what all I have to do. Taking things hour by hour here.

• Like 1

Way to go.  Keep taking it one step at a time.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Hey Ann, are you doing tape measurements too? They tend to be more consistent than a scale, particularly if the amount of water you retain tends to fluctuate.

I do have a tape measure, yes. Somewhere :P it tends to stay pretty constant, maybe varying within a half inch. I do need to get that measurement though.

OK so I wasn't planning on posting until later today, but I'm done my test and I'll just be sitting here until 10:30. And its not 9 yet (as of this sentence)

Today's log!

5am: wake up, study

7:30am: school and test; protein shake

8:30am finish test, sit here and play with my tablet and realize I should be studying right now.

12pm: head on home early because I'm proactive and finished a two-day lab in one day (wewt.)

12:30pm: home again, soup, almonds, cranberries; study until sleepytimes.

7pm: dinner. I'm thinking...taco type thing. I could go for some hot sauce.

Today's exercise!

None, its Sunday. Weightlifting tomorrow :)

Today's music!

Rooney - Sleep Song (my. Tablet won't let me do what I want to do and make a link so booooo. Curse you Asus and your sudden yet inevitable betrayal)

Rhougghrs?

Ha, I typed 'thoughts' and that's what my tablet auto corrected it to. Fair enough :)

I want to take a second and talk about coffee. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? It just I mean I don't even. Blech. I've been drinking it lately, its like taking robitussin. And then the whole house smells like coffee. It doesn't even do the job its supposed to. I was told there would be alertness.

• Like 2

Rhougghrs?

Ha, I typed 'thoughts' and that's what my tablet auto corrected it to. Fair enough :)

I want to take a second and talk about coffee. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? It just I mean I don't even. Blech. I've been drinking it lately, its like taking robitussin. And then the whole house smells like coffee. It doesn't even do the job its supposed to. I was told there would be alertness.

If you want to make yourself alert, try this: get a bunch of ice cubes and a sink. Out the cubes in the sink, then fill with cold water. Let the water chill for a few minutes. Dunk your face in the water. If that doesn't make you alert, nothing will!

You're still doing great! Keep it up!

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.