For serious this time.

If you want to make yourself alert, try this: get a bunch of ice cubes and a sink. Out the cubes in the sink, then fill with cold water. Let the water chill for a few minutes. Dunk your face in the water. If that doesn't make you alert, nothing will!

You're still doing great! Keep it up!

My name is (redacted) and I endorse this message. Get HIGH ON LIFE kids!

• Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

I don't feel too good today. Not sick, more mental I think. Up until today, I was always looking forward to the gym. Not today. I feel...defeated? I think that's the word I'm looking for. Anyway.

Log

5am: wake up, study; protein shake

7am: gym

10am: mic genetics lecture

11am: anatomy lab. Run home because I forgot my laptop *facepalm*

1pm: ceramics. Build a box

4pm: Chem lab

7pm: home, dinner: homemade taco leftovers; study

11pm: sleep

Exercise

Weightlifting

Squat:125lb

BB row:65lb (I has to way deload on this one because it turns out I was doing it wrong. Not surprising :P)

BP: 85lb

Nerdiness

My new favorite molecule is Tetraphenylcyclopentadienone. Because a) it forms a really pretty dark purple crystal, and b ) its a hoot and a half to say.

Song

Q-Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

Thoughts

Maybe some other time.

Hook and a half is an understatement.  

You are stronger than the feelings of defeat.  You've got this.  Two weeks left.    

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thanks guys :)

I'm feeling a bit better. I was glad to go to the gym today, anyway. I think Monday I may have been a tad under the weather, since I noticed later that day that I felt a little feverish.

I started playing the piano again. I've hardly touched a piano since all my music was accidentally tossed about 2 years ago. Its disheartening how rusty I've gotten. I couldn't even read the notes. But after a while of reading Moonlight Sonata note by note I'm proud to say I've almost got the first page down again. And it feels great. I missed it. To quote Sweeney Todd, 'at last, my arm is complete again.' (I do mean Lou Cariou, not Johnny Depp. Damn you Tim Burton, ruining things I love! Well that's not true. Nightmare Before Christmas is spectacular. I'm sorry, Tim Burton. But seriously, boo Johnny Depp.)

Anyway, I still mostly feel meh. I'll post later, my laptop is about to pass out.

• Like 1

Glad you're on the mend.  Hope you're 100% soon.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Lord above.

I just attempted an HIIT thingy. Made it 7/21 minutes before I said "well, that was fun" and laid down to die.

Just kidding. But seriously. My muscles are screaming.  :offended:  I'm gonna give it another whirl in a minute here. I need to get my cardio up.

My right arm is still being a pain in the patootie. Any more than 60# on the overhead press, and it feels like a shock is going through my arm. Same nerve, same side, every time. I'd consult my doctor, but I'm about 90% sure he'll say "you probably just shouldn't do that." Because what option is there? Surgery to move a nerve over? I don't think so. I like benching better anyway. 

In other news, I get to bust out the 45# plates on Friday! So that's something to look forward to :)

I aim to be able to play this in the near future. I managed to track down the sheet music. This music makes me inexplicably sad.

EDIT: Noooope, turns I'm just plain too heavy to do burpees currently. I felt my elbows do something weird when I dropped down to do the push up that quick. Will try again when I'm 20 pounds lighter, I do believe.

• Like 1

My right arm is still being a pain in the patootie. Any more than 60# on the overhead press, and it feels like a shock is going through my arm. Same nerve, same side, every time. I'd consult my doctor, but I'm about 90% sure he'll say "you probably just shouldn't do that." Because what option is there? Surgery to move a nerve over? I don't think so. I like benching better anyway.

Actually, there are a couple things a good doctor can do. Nerve injury medical FAQ: go!

An electrodiagnostician can diagnose the exact state of your nerves: which nerve is injured, where and how it's injured, and how severe the injury is (like whether or not it's affecting your motor function). Can be helpful if you can afford it, especially if your nerve injury is getting worse.

A good physical therapist can help diagnose which nerve is injured, and help you rehabilitate your limb. There are really only two prescriptions for nerve injuries: rest and physical therapy. They'll give you nerve glides, gentle stretches, and simple exercises to help your nerve heal and correct whatever funny path it's taking.

If you've got health care, I'd recommend talking to a physical therapist with some experience with nerve injuries. In the meantime, check out Youtube for nerve glides for the nerves of the arm: the radial, median, and ulnar nerves. Or just check out this video that I found two seconds ago:

Good luck with the nerve, that shit sucks.

Cowardly Assassin

Heyoooooo Friday. I wish Fridays meant something. I feel like I've been in an eternal state of Monday since January.

The thing about my arm is that I don't beleive it's an injury, because there's no pain involved. You ever reach into the nook in your elbow where your ulnar nerve is and just press on it to simulate that "funny bone" sensation? Or the knee-jerk reflex? That's what it feels like, it only lasts for that instant (except when it was definitely inflamed. But that was a different issue). Thank you for digging up that info though, I do verily appreciate it :)

Well I think it's a good time for an inventory:

Weight: 220.3 lb (boooooo. I'm still blaming this on woman stuffs.)

Body fat: 24.8% (I feel like this is a lie. My goal was 23%, and I'm still way jiggly. I don't think 1.8% is going to make a substantial difference.)

Waist: 32.5 in (I think that's, what, 2 inches lost since I started? Plus, I'm starting to see some ab/oblique definition. It's kinda freaking me out.)

Bicep circumference: 14 in (This was really just for fun, wewt)

Today's exercise!

Weightlifting

Squat: 135#

Barbell row: 70#

Bench press: 90#

Today's log!

I'm gonna save everyone some time and say this: from 5am-5pm I studied. 5pm: chem test. 7pm-10pm: studied.

Speaking of which, I have to get to class.

• Like 1

You're still doing great, I see.  Keep at it and kick some butt!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You're doing amazing, just keep up the good body and the rest will work itself out in time. And whoah the work routines, pretty hectic schedule! The last time I had to work like that I completely collapsed after it was done and got myself in a bit of a rut, on top of sacrificing almost everything to get it done.

Tell me, how do you 'keep the soul burning' so to speak? It's difficult balancing everything in situations where one thing predominantly requires your attention. I still haven't really figured it out. I dunno if I will sacrifice food or fasting anymore in order to do something but other things (e.g. Fitness, jogging, walking, social time, errands and cleaning routines such as washing clothes even) can still be hard to motivate oneself to do.

Also do you find procrastination an issue in your routine? I know you've mentioned distractions here and there but not often and overall you seem to be on top of yourself.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

You're doing amazing, just keep up the good body and the rest will work itself out in time. And whoah the work routines, pretty hectic schedule! The last time I had to work like that I completely collapsed after it was done and got myself in a bit of a rut, on top of sacrificing almost everything to get it done. Tell me, how do you 'keep the soul burning' so to speak? It's difficult balancing everything in situations where one thing predominantly requires your attention. I still haven't really figured it out. I dunno if I will sacrifice food or fasting anymore in order to do something but other things (e.g. Fitness, jogging, walking, social time, errands and cleaning routines such as washing clothes even) can still be hard to motivate oneself to do. Also do you find procrastination an issue in your routine? I know you've mentioned distractions here and there but not often and overall you seem to be on top of yourself. Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk[/q]

Um...hm. That's a good question. I havent really thought about it. Which may be part of the key there.

People have always said of me that I'm extremely calm and patient, very stoic. Which may or may not be true, I have stresses and worries like everyone else. I do, however, try to take things one at a time. If you try to take in too much, you'll leave yourself a very wide open opportunity to panic. Employ that '20 second berserk', just push through and once you get to the other side you can look back and go, 'see, that wasn't so bad'.

I dunno, I just try not to think of things as 'hectic' or 'inconvenient'. It is what it is, and for what end goal I have, its necessary. I mean in a total life kind of way, not just fitness. Some day I will have a PharmD after my name, I will have a family to care for, and I will buy my mom a house to repay her for what she's done for me. Those things are non-negotiable. And no amount of 'I don't wanna' is gonna slow me down.

Don't get me wrong, its a daily lesson in discipline. Its hard to fight the want to complain and whine and throw in the towel. But I know it'll feel good at the end to look back on it.

I don't know if that was exactly the most cohesive response to that question :P But uh...that's my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Thanks :-) And wow, you're going to do awesome I'm sure, it's just amazing that in that busy schedule you're looking out for what's best for you too with health and fitness. My approach earlier in my studies was to just focus on one thing and everything else will be placed in the back burner, but that can only get you so far. So yeah, it's very admirable to see you find a nice balance of many thing whilst still attached to your priorities.

Again, you're amazing and can totally see why you're perfectly suited for your industry :-)

Lord. I'm tired. Been getting up a half hour earlier and going to bed later. And I still feel like I'm getting behind. Ah well, another Monday.

Today's log!

4:30am: up and at em. Have some tea. I don't think I ate. Write lab report.

7am: gym; protein shake, salad

10am: mic genetics class

11am: head to other campus, anatomy lab; find out I have awesome blood pressure bwaha! Take that Dr.'s office trying to tell me I'm obese!

1pm: head to other other campus for ceramics; salad and a cookie *shame*

4pm: campus #1 for them lab

7pm: home, dinner: leftover bratwurst

Exercise!

Weightlifting

Squat: 140#

Overhead press: 55# (I tried putting my hands further apart, to where it almost felt awkward. I didn't lose control of my arm at least)

Deadlift: 130#

Music!

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

I watched Metropolis with Dark Side of the Moon overlayed on it. Surreal as hell. Its on YouTube, check it out.

Thoughts?

So I had to rescue Black Cat from the bunny this morning. Have I mentioned Black Cat? Little kitty from down stairs who comes in our apartment in the mornings. Well, our rabbit does not like Black Cat. She attacked the cat this morning, biting and grunting and everything. Thanks a lot, Bun, we lost our best good kitty friend. :( My rabbit is such a grump :P

Ok, story time.

So this morning I was in the gym, plugging away as usual. Excited to be there, since the gym was eerily empty. As I'm doing my squats, I notice my lower back is starting to feel tight. At the end of my sets it's really hurting, but I figure some stretching will fix it and start barbell rows. It keeps getting worse, so I move on to bench press, since my thought is if I lay down for a minute it'll feel better. No such luck.  :jaded:  It's really tight. And I'm thinking "crap, I hurt my back, I'm gona have to take it easy, etc etc" when it suddenly hits me that I have to pee. Like super serious not-even-kidding-you-this-is-important need to pee. SO I go to the restroom, and hey what d'ya know - my back feels fine.

Moral of the story: always pee before you weightlift. :hopelessness:

Today's log!

4:30am: wake up, protein blend thing; study

7am: gym

10am: microbial genetics lecture

11am: ceramics; ruin another pair of jeans with ceramic goop; 2 packets tuna

4pm: to Target! Dinner: probably some sort of chicken and vegetables

6pm-9pm: study then sleep

Today's exercise!

Weightlifting

Squat: 145#

Row: 75#

Bench press: 95#

Planks! 2 min (not consecutively)

Today's music!

The Eagles - Take it Easy

Today's nerdery!

Remember that Friends episode where Rachel has her baby and Phoebe is trying to learn about that guy Cliff who is also in the hospital? And Joey is pretending to be a doctor and asks how the guy's wife died, and the dude says, "it was a mycardial infarction." Joey: "...uhhhh" Cliff: "...A heart attack, doctor." Joey: "Of course! Myo...mhm yep." (I couldn't find a clip on youtube of it, otherwise I'd just link it) That little exchange is how I remember the technical name for a heart attack :P

Thoughts?

Um...I had some, but I can't think of them now. I'm tired today.

• Like 2

Great advice any day of the week!  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Hey thanks guys :)

I remembered what I wanted to mention. This morning before I left for school, the Irish hous (as my boyfriend shall henceforth be known) tried to pinch one of my side rolls but there was no roll left to pinch :) and he said 'wow you really have trimmed down'.

Was a great feeling :)

• Like 1

Lawdy lawdy lawd. Craziness abounds. I slept 9 hours last night and I still feel exhausted. I don't know my logs, its just been one big blur.

Anyway, got some new PRs

Squat: 150#

Bench press: 100#

Deadlift:140#

Hooray for breaking into 3 digits! Just row and ohp to add, but I'm not overly optimistic on those.

Hopefully the madness stops soon. Just a few more months to go.

Coming up for air for a minute.

I been stalling on my lifts. Because I just don't have the energy. I do my first 5 sets and all I want to do is sit down. So my squats and deadlifts are kicking ass, but my arms are making no gains.

Squat:170 lbs. Congrats, self,you can now squat 16 year old you. :P (DL is here as well)

Bench press: 100 lbs still

Other things are other places, but I'm losing focus. I've been eating phenomenally well though, and it shows.

So I haven't photo updated in a while. I'm fixing to. Im about to lay this 'weightlifting makes women bulky' thing to rest. Because I'm comparing the before shot of me to how I look right now. Guys, its awesome. Alright, heading back into the abyss, I got studyings to do.

• Like 1

You're doing Stronglifts, right? If you're stalling, it sounds like it's time to switch to 3x5. 5x5 is too much volume to sustain strength gains past the very beginning stages (like a month or two).

Looking forward to seeing those progress photos!

Cowardly Assassin

SillyAnneh you're doing splendidly, yaaay I'm so happy to hear that! :-) Seriously, it ain't easy balancing so many things, congrats gal you're kicking ass!

Hopefully your arms will regain more energy over time, or as @PaulG says maybe you need to tone the reps down.

Oddly enough I've been finding that my arms seem to get weaker and weaker, it's especially been harder with push ups and bent over dumbbell workouts :-/ I've found that it's harder for me to do exercises later in the day, probably due to the IF. Maybe your stronger at certain times than others?

And yeah, I bet your latest pic update is awesome! :-)

Alrighty! So I thought I was going to have 5 tests this week, but it turns I had an old copy of one of my class schedules, so one test isn't actually for another 3 weeks. So I only have 4 tests this week.

What to do with my time off? Why, snoop around all you wonderful peoples' logs! :P

Anyway.

I think for the most part I'm back on track. Fitness-wise. Not that I was off-track, I was just out of gas. Literally. I was spending energy I didn't have, and was making no progress. So I got myself a bigger tank :rapture:

Moving away from the metaphorical, I have started running again. My best time to date: 11:56. Which means! I can run faster than 13 year old me. Which is pretty friggen sweet, since I was 70 pounds lighter then. :pride: Also approaching the 200 pound mark on squats/deadlifts (currently 190). My arms are still weak(er) than my back and legs, but I'm working on it (finally managing to push into the 100s on BP and OHP).

Also, I wasn't breathing right, I think that's made things difficult, so after my lifts I would get crazy light-headed. But I been using that valsalva maneouver thingy and not immediately stepping out from under the bar when I rack it. No more lightheadedness.

On a gross note, I'm starting to see veins (er, arteries, I guess technically). Which is severely grossing me out. I got this whole thing with veins...in that they gross me out.

• Like 1