45# 1x10

95# 1x5

135# 1x3

170# 5x5

OHP

45# 1x10

65# 1x5

95# 5x5

Deadlift - Still doing DOH and just started using chalk.  Felt great, can def feel the weight more.

95#/185#/225#

21s Curls 35#/45#/55#
Incline BB Front Raises 35#/45#/45# 10 each

Monday 2/24

Bench - The very last rep was a bit rough, lost form, but got it up.  Changing my breathing REALLY helped.

1x10 @ 45#

1x5 @ 95#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 160#

Row - Form felt strong.  I can felt it in my back today.

1x5 @ 95#

5x5 @ 115#

Also did a few light deadlifts while show my brother in law proper form.

Tuesday 2/25

This was supposed to be a squat day, but the unfortunately the squat racks were both occupied.  Lol I was gonna ask to work in, but they jumped to 225# for their warm ups, I quickly re-thought that idea.

OHP - Felt good and my form wasn't bad at all toward the last reps.
1x10 @ 45#
1x5 @ 65#
1x3 @ 75#
5x5 @ 100#

Lat Pulldown - Needed something to do with my extra time.  Haven't really done these in awhile.  Felt these COMPLETELY throughout my back.
5x5 @ 90#

KBS Tabata @ 35#
TGUs 3 each side @ 35#

Wednesday 3/5

Bench - Felt easy.  I didn't go up in weight being that I hadn't bench in over a week.  Cut warm up reps down.
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 95#
1x3 @ 135#
5x5 @ 160#

Deadlift - I think holding a 25# toddler has killed my lower back.  First time the weight has ever been GLUED to the floor.  Couldn't budge it.  I was supposed to pull 235# but that wasn't happening.
1x5 @ 105#
1x0 @ 185#
1x5 @ 105#

TGU 3 each side @ 30#

Farmers Walk 120ft 50# DBs

Saturday

Squat - Felt better than it has in sometime.  Wore a ball cap, its silly but I think it helped my form by not allowing me to look up and instead keep a more neutral head position.  Also cut the warm up reps down about 8 reps.
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 115#
1x3 @ 135#
5x5 @ 170#

OHP
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 65#
1x2 @ 95#
5x5 @ 105#

21s 40#/40#/30#

TGU 3 each side @ 30# - Will try to get up to 8 get ups then up the weight to 35 or 40.  Challenging movements, but don't really feel them.

Farmers Walk 120ft 50# DBs - Love these. Figure I will try to get up to 4 round trips before I bump up the weight.

Sunday 3/16

Bench
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 95#
1x3 @ 135#
1x4 @ 165#
5x5 @ 162.5#

Supported Row
1x5 @ 20#
1x5 @ 25#
5x5 @ 55#

Deadlift
1x5 @ 120#
1x5 @ 165#
1x5 @ 235# PR

Sledgehammer Tabata
TGUs 5 each side @ 30#
Farmers Walk 180ft (3 round trips) @ 50# DBs

So today's mantra as my alarm clock went off at 5:45am (which I hurried to turn off for fear that it would wake my girlfriend and 17 month old nephew) was "IF IT WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!" I repeatedly told myself this as I got, got dressed and walked to the gym on a rainy, dreary day.  It wasn't easy, but I did it.

After reading Staci's article "Strength Taining 101: How to Squat Properly" and looking at the pictures of high bar and low bar positioning I decided to try low bar.  Felt weird, but the weight didn't feel as heavy.  Also, the baseball cap definitely helps with my form, kind of like a race horse with blinders.

Monday Morning 3/19

Squat - I'm still 25# or so off of where I should've been by now, but hey, unless the weight is increasing again.

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 95#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 175#

OHP - Ran out of time. Will try to fit in rows, bench and OHP tomorrow morning.

TGUs 3 each side @ 35#

3/20 Thursday Morning

Bench - very last rep was difficult, but felt good. Happy to see the weight keep moving on this
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 95#
1x3 @ 135#
5x5 @ 165#

OHP - started to run out of time, but I don't think I was hitting 5x5 anyway
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 85#
1x3 @ 95#
3x3 @ 107.5#

TGUs 3 each side @ 35#

3/21 Friday Morning (3 days in a row! What What!)

Squat - Low bar squat again. Weight felt easy again, form felt funky.
1x5 @ 45#
1x3 @ 95#
1x3 @ 135#
5x5 @ 180#

Supported Row - ran out of time for 5x5
1x5 @ 25#
3x5 @ 60#

So I realized yesterday that I really REALLY wanted to do a Triathlon Sprint this year.  Main issue...I despise running.  Second issue I love lifting lol.  But I figure I'll need 3 to 4 months to be able to accomplish this goal which puts me on track for a summer Sprint. 

Time is not my friend and I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit in some runs and biking while still getting my rest in, so we'll see how that goes.  I'm not worried about the bike leg at all, swim a little, but the 3.1 mile run is my big hurdle.  I'm enjoying pushing my body to see the things it can do, so I'll just suck it up and start doing "traditional" cardio.

• Like 1

Err.... Total noob moment here, what's a lying back row???

Oh shit...people actual look in here?? I need to stop making up exercise names lol.

I totally made that name up while I was walking home from the gym. After googling I think it's Supported Row...see below

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Err.... Total noob moment here, what's a lying back row???

Oh! And congrats on that very impressive deadlift!

Hahaha! Nice one :D

First: thank you! Though it's not particularly impressive, Im totally stoked about it :D

And second: bloody Hell, that still just looked like some sort of torture device. I had to go google it to work it out. Then of course I was like "Ahh...." *enlightenment* ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Not impressive?? Says who?? Not I!  Haha do not down play your amazing accomplishment there miss!

Haha yea, I had to try and find a pic without a really weird person performing the exercise.  Though there was one with a German looking guy with flowing blonde locks...

Though there was one with a German looking guy with flowing blonde locks...

Oh no!!! Now I have that image in my head. Just.... for the love of all things Holy, do NOT tell me what he was wearing! I've seen what passes for "fashion" in Germany ;)

And thanks btw

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

3/24 Monday Morning

4 sessions in a row making it to the gym before 630am.  If I can get that down to 6 in the morning I might be able to actually do more than just squat.

Squat - still using a low bar squat for these.  Wrist position definitely isn't good cause I felt some wrist pain.  There should be a form check vid up in about 20-30 minutes.  Excited to hit 190#.  Closing in on 200!

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 115#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 185#

TGUs - 3 each side @ 35#

Farmers Walk - 3 roundtrips @ 50#

3/25 Tuesday Morning

On a pretty good roll.  Though all the early mornings caught up to me last night.  I was knocked out at 915 and slept through the night, conveniently waking up at 5:44am right before my alarm went off.  Which means I didn't eat dinner nor did I eat breakfast, so I expected pretty bad results in the gym this morning...thankfully that wasn't the case.

Yesterday I registered for the Chicago Triathlon.  Well the Supersprint.  Decided to start very small, originally planned on doing the Sprint, but after some thought I view the Supersprint kind of like starting lifting with just the bar. 1/4 mile swim, 6 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run.  Looking forward to it this summer.

Bench

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 95#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 170#

Supported Row

1x5 @ 25#

5x5 @ 65#

1 /4 mile swim, 6 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run

Bleedin' eck! That sounds awesome. I don't think that's anything to be sneezed at. Dammit! Now you've put ideas in my head :D

Bleedin' eck! That sounds awesome. I don't think that's anything to be sneezed at. Dammit! Now you've put ideas in my head :D

Lol do it! Haha it's a little humbling only because the Chicago Triathlon events are over two days. Saturday is two kids triathlons (7-10 & 11-14) and then the one I'm doing. So I'm about 2 miles more than a 14 year old, but we all start somewhere!

• Like 1

03/26 Tuesday Morning

Squat

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 95#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 190#

Deadlift - didn't feel my grip start to give like it did at 235lbs. Best lift by far, I continue to add weight without a stall. Possible that my hips aren't low enough so I posted a video in the form check area... Form Check

1x5 @ 135#

1x3 @ 205#

1x5 @ 245#

1x1 @ 245#

03/27 Thursday Morning

Bench - I haven't missed reps on bench in 3-5 sessions....forgot how much it sucks. Love have to do the roll of shame twice.  What sucks more is missing reps on the last session of the week.  Now I have to wait until Tuesday to redeem myself. I'm thinking it might be time to go down to 2.5# increases each session instead of 5, but we'll see.

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 135#

1x3 @ 155#

5/5/4/4/4 @ 175#

Supported Row

1x5 @ 25#

5x5 @ 70#

• Like 1

03/28 Friday Morning

WOOHOO!  A full work week making it to the gym before work.  Its probably been 3 or 4 months since I made it to the gym 5 sessions in a row before work.  Especially hard the past two days with it being rainy and dreary.  And if we count last week (which I will), that's 8 sessions in a row.  Feeling pretty good about that.

Squat - felt some right hip pain getting out of the hole in the last 2 sets or so. 195lbs is a PR for me.  I hit 190 back when I first started this thread and then real life happened.  Regular at the gym complimented both my form and my knee high socks.

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 95#

1x3 @ 135#

5x5 @ 195#

OHP - dialed it back here, its been over a week since I struggled with 107.5lbs so I decided to work back up.

1x5 @ 45#

1x3 @ 65#

3x5 @ 95#