Niko's Ninja Quest

Well, I better get on this. It's been 3 weeks (I think) since I joined NF and I don't want to forget how crappy these early stages were whenever I'm feeling lazy.

Summary of weeks 1-2: Doing a very good job of minimizing beer and mocha latte's. Doing a very good job of minimizing junk food at work. Sucking at the leg workouts in bodyweight level 1 workouts. Had to take 3-4 days to rest my quads in wk. 2.

Week 3: Was the first week of my 6 wk. challenge. It doesn't end until this Sunday, but so far I'm on track with the liquid calorie goals. Sunday will be difficult. I can only drink one beer during the Bronco's game. The junk food went well, except for getting stressed over my work schedule and eating two chocolates. Today will be my third bodyweight workout of the week, so all is good there. My pants may feel a tiny bit looser. I absolutely feel stronger though. I've gone from being able to do 20 jump ropes before hammering my toe to 100.

I just discovered Animal Flow workouts the other day (thank you assassins!) and I'm going to try to incorporate some of those into my warm-ups. They look like a ton of fun and seem like they would help the aspiring parkour / capoeira newb.

If anybody has a good yoga flow sequence for cool downs I'd love to hear it. I'm putting some yoga into my cool down, but it's not exactly flowing much.

Level 2 Rocky Mountain Hobbit Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log | Challenges:  1 2

Becoming The Sapling (lose 40 lbs.) = 8.5% Complete

"First thing you do is you don't stop. Second thing you do is you keep going." - Frank Zappa

Oh yeah, and I'm going to google a good beginner bouldering area. It's been so nice here, why not try to be outside? But, I also think I'll stop by the climbing gym on my way home from my drum lesson.

Current Challenge

"First thing you do is you don't stop. Second thing you do is you keep going." - Frank Zappa

Welll, it's been awhile and I have a shiny new ACL, so let's get on with this...

Today I walked about a mile, did a quick little bodyweight workout with 10 assisted dips, 5 assisted PU's, 10 bench press at 15lb dumbbells, and something I'm going to call reverse push ups.

I've had one beer and that will be it.

Current Challenge

Got all the academy stuff going again. I'm an assassin here and an adventurer there...yeah, I need to decide I suppose. I love the mini-challenges and general awesomeness of the assassin forum here. But, atm I seem to be more of an adventurer. So, I was placed in bodyweight lvl. 2, but this morning my pathetic excuses for unassisted squats and knee push-ups allowed General DOMS to slay me with (let's be honest) a not so swift counterattack. So, I've demoted myself to bw lvl 1. I did 11 squats, 4 perfect form knee push-ups, 40 sec. front plank and easily maxed out the balance thing (I longboard...).

Morning walk was 0.73 miles in a time that is inaccurate because my GSP's superpower is excreting something every 10 ft.  ;-)

Current Challenge

Monday I did bodyweight lvl 1A in the morning and ate clean.

Yesterday I ate pretty clean and walked a mile on my rest day.

Current Challenge

Yesterday my husband screwed up my hiking...grrr. Only about a mile and 300 ft. elevation gain before having to turn back because of thunderstorms. I bought a pair of trekking poles at REI and they're making me feel better about hiking with my gsd up and down steep trails. Today I have to figure out what loot to get with the $20 gift card I got with the poles. It expires on the 25th. I'm going to say I need to hike or walk 50 miles by the 25th, or I have to give the card to my husband. Now, I need to figure out the loot. mwah ha ha.

Current Challenge

Had an awesome 4th of July. The constant hiking every day without a rest day is wearing me down a bit, but I think it's mostly the low carb thing. I think I need to eat some more carbs. I ate some leftover mock mash potatoes at lunch after my hike and it felt like a sugar rush, lol. We had an awesome paleo 4th dinner after playing some music with our sax player on guitar. I made the bacon jalapeno deviled eggs, avocado slaw, and blueberry jalapeno margarita recipe from paleoOMG, while my husband made the blueberry bbq chicken recipe. We also had a corn on the cob and watermelon. So, a lot of carbs. But, I'm feeling more recovered today and I think that's why. 

I going to start entering my daily miles into the Walk to Mordor spreadsheet and try to add themes into them that correspond to the stage of LOTR. So, tonight I think I'll do my hike around dusk (I have a headlamp) and look out at the lights, since my mileage will be at the stage: ' Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.'

I think I'll post a pic of my view later. :-)

Current Challenge

Wellll, one of my best friends from undergrad visited this weekend. So, unfortunately we got into the dwarven ale...for 3 days straight. Tonight it's straight back to a little whiskey. We did go fly fishing two days in a row. But, for me it should just be called wading. Still been walking and working out even though the diet took a hit over the weekend.

Current Challenge

I have to rename my wading activity to fishing now! I've caught a fish on both my last trips. Really pretty brown trouts. I've also caught too much ale. I would be making my calorie goal of 1200 per day without it. Started doing maximum fitness bodyweight pyramids again though. 

Current Challenge