Anxiety ARGHH!!

Hi guys,

So I've had anxiety issues as far back as I can remember, and at 23 I haven't began to live as a direct result of this.

So I've decided that the time to act decisively is now, and am currently waiting for my CBT assessment in the hope that it will teach me some valuable coping skills.

At the moment I'm unable to travel far from my house, haven't been out for lunch or to the cinema in over a year, and have frequent panic attacks while outside.

However, this shall end!

I've completely revamped my diet, exercise 6 times a week, including interval training (gets me out of the house) and am physically in the best shape of my life.

I will win this war, ARGHH! :pirate: 

-Layla 

• Like 2

Anxiety sucks.  My wife struggled with it extensively but she is doing much better now (thank goodness).  Not to be too personal but are you on any meds for it?  My wife takes something (can't remember the name) and it seems to be working for her.  She also met with a psychologist for a couple months and that really, really helped her.

Its an ongoing battle but it is something that can definitely be overcome.  Good luck!!!!

You can follow a photo log of my weight loss here

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/fattyveg password is nerdfit

Hi dodg,

I'm not on any meds at the moment, I'm generally quite wary as I've been on quite a few different types throughout my life, and their such a bitch to come off!

If things don't improve otherwise I'll probably start to seriously consider them.

First I'm going to give the therapy a go, and see where it takes me. :)

Yeah! Kick anxiety's ass!

I don't have anxiety but I do have depression and from what I understand the effects are quite similar although they obviously manifest very differently. My battle hasn't been going so well lately so I feel your pain. I just noticed we're the same age too. Anyway that was a slight ramble but good luck and remember your nf family is always here.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

i have had problems with anxiety and i know friends who have had problems too. i m not one who likes medicine but i take prozac to help with other stu ff. i havent like the anxiety meds. they do dont sit well with me. i have found food is medicine in the past few years and i have made some teas that will help me and my friend with with both every day anxiety and the strong attacks. one friend annleese now is finaly able to sleep because she can actually calm down at night with the every day tea. if you want i cant can tell you the belends and send you some if you want to try it out befor going and get the stuff for your self. and yes they are all legal before any one asks. lol. 

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

My anxiety is not out of control, but I find between mild depression and the anxiety, I have stopped being social, don't like being around alcohol or party atmospheres.  I also get very anxious about travel especially flying, but my biggest trigger is actually my kids and vomit.  Any sort of stomach bug works me up into a frenzy and tummy aches, upset tummy... sends me in a spiral of worry.  I have recently been put on some mild meds and they definitely help with the anxiety - it isn't gone, but a lot of the minor day to day anxiety is gone.  I did do therapy first and still use a lot of the breathing and self-talk exercises to help me get through the time ones.  My hope is that if I get through a few flying episodes or stomach flues and handle it okay, then I can try to go off the meds again - we'll see.  

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

My anxiety is not out of control, but I find between mild depression and the anxiety, I have stopped being social, don't like being around alcohol or party atmospheres.  I also get very anxious about travel especially flying, but my biggest trigger is actually my kids and vomit.  Any sort of stomach bug works me up into a frenzy and tummy aches, upset tummy... sends me in a spiral of worry.  I have recently been put on some mild meds and they definitely help with the anxiety - it isn't gone, but a lot of the minor day to day anxiety is gone.  I did do therapy first and still use a lot of the breathing and self-talk exercises to help me get through the time ones.  My hope is that if I get through a few flying episodes or stomach flues and handle it okay, then I can try to go off the meds again - we'll see.  

I'm still not great with flying, which sucks as I have to travel internationally on business regularly or when I go home to see my parents, somehow I make it through. 

Keep doing what you're doing, sounds like it's getting better, we're all rooting for you!