Hiraedd’s 4 week 26-30 minute challenge

Hiraedd

Hi all!  I'm finally over the very nasty flu bug that knocked me out for a week and a half, and ready to slowly work back into things.  Slow, steady, and simple here we come.

Walk: 6 minutes a day, adding 1 minute weekly

Tidy the basement: 2 minutes per room per day = 10 minutes

Workout: split Star Wars workout over 3 days = 10 minutes per day, every day

That’s it: 3 goals, 4 weeks, no more than 30 minutes a day.  No stat increases due to only doing it for 4 weeks, but when I complete it I’ll take the level up.  Goals are all measured on days done/days capable.  (I.e.: Illness, injury, etc don’t downgrade the rating, but skipping it because “I don’t wanna†does.) NF standard A-F grading applies.

Let's do this!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

WOOO HOOOO!!!

31h3BIkgslL.jpg

you can do it!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better.

Subbed

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Welcome Back :)

It's good to see you're not pushing too hard in the wake of illness! Also can I ask what your picture is? All I see is a giant ranger ... with a face like this guys helmet ... 

Img0063.jpg

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

@kim, jenn Heidi, Cid -- it's great to BE back.  Thanks for the cheering section :)

@pear -- Great to have you on the GL bandwagon :) Welcome!! And LOL -- my picture is actually a secret doorway in a forest, covered in moss.  To me it represented "a way through", as though if I looked hard enough I could find a way to get where I wanted to go...but I like the giant ranger idea, too!

First day of everything, and it kicked my butt more than I expected.  I guess two full weeks of convalescence will do that to a person...

tidy: easy peasy.  I like how short the time is!  (I HATE tidying)

walk: 2.0 incline, 2.5 mph, 6 min

workout: yikes.  I have fallen so far!  

• handstand practice: against wall, 1x10s, will measure hand distance when someone else is home to put down tape
  • squats: 3x15.  Next up, Jedi level.  But those are the hardest squats I've done in a while....maybe because they're the only squats I've done in a while?
  • Like 1

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

[*]handstand practice: against wall, 1x10s, will measure hand distance when someone else is home to put down tape

I've been laying down the yard stick on the floor where I do my handstands... it's a cool way for me to measure by myself :)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Great idea, Jenn.  I used a measuring tape on Monday, and that worked.  Thanks!

Monday:

walk: yes

tidy: yes

workout: yes 

handstand -- 10s, hands 4' from wall

waiter's carry - 20lbs, 45s, each arm

bodyweight rows - 1x10, 1x4, 1x1  (not quite the auspicious sets I had planned)

Tuesday

walk: yes

tidy:  yes

workout: unfortunately I did my workout after supper on Monday and it made my throat sore, so no more of that.  Day off to recover.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Great idea, Jenn.  I used a measuring tape on Monday, and that worked.  Thanks!

:) glad I could help!

Spoiler

WALKED: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday

TIDIED: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday

WORKED OUT: n/a.....and I know that looks bad, but it's because I was saving my muscles for my first time ever snowboarding, and am I ever glad I did.  4 hours on Saturday, and I'm only just starting to feel human again today.  Serious ouch.  But serious fun.  Enough that I might try again this coming Saturday....weather permitting.

Need to work on my Tidying, and pencil in a workout for tomorrow.  Other than that, I'm good.  Busy, but good.

• Like 2

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Glad to hear you are well! I agree snowboarding is a blast

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

How's it going?

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Crazy.  Somewhat derailed, although I expect this coming week to be better.  

On Wednesday morning I found out that my best friend's marriage was in trouble; her husband (also a good friend of mine) walked out on them on last Sunday.  I took a day off on Friday to go down and help relieve her load, and to be a friend to both of them, and to their three kids (youngest is 13 mos, oldest is 14 yrs but a moderate level of special need).  I brought the wife and kids home with me for a day as well, so they could sort some things out in a neutral environment.  Things are tough, but they're going to work on their marriage since 11 1/2 years isn't something to just throw away, especially when they have been mostly good ones.  I am exhausted emotionally and physically, and I expect that for the next few months I will be travelling to see them frequently and to help out however I can (they live 3 1/2 hours away).  He's not back home yet, but I think that's a good thing: that they need to work through some of the things before he comes home.  So I did what I should have done as a friend, but my goals were the least of my concerns.

I walked Wednesday and Thursday,

I didn't do any workouts,

and my 10 minutes of tidying was more like 2 hours on Friday as I tried to get my house clean enough for a baby.  Maybe now that the process has been jump started, 10 minutes will be enough to help it along.

Here's to a good sleep tonight (hopefully) and brighter days ahead.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

crazy week :(

super hugs :)

Spoiler

I'll be checking in to hear how today went.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

LOL. Thanks, Heidi!  It was definitely successful.

Wed - walk, tidy, workout (handstands & squat jumps 3x10)

thurs - walk, tidy, workout (sprints & jumping jacks....I know they're not on the Star Wars workout, but I ended up participating in a "game" in the grade 1 gym class because we were short a partner and the teacher is pregnant).

so done and done.  Feeling so great about myself.  Now to leap tall boxes in a single bound...oh, wait, that's for next week.

Not sure what my weekend holds (probably more traveling) but will try to fit in what I can.

• Like 2

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Great job!

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Okay....basically, it's wrap-up time.  

4 weeks really flew past.  I'm glad that the structure overall is 6 weeks, because 4 weeks really didn't seem like enough time.  Luckily for this challenge I was basically treading water (ie: not really building any new habits) so the shortened version worked well for me.

Walking: 23/28 days = 82% B+

This is a really good habit for me.  Although I don't care for running, walking for a few minutes gives me time to clear my head, which is something the emotional turmoil of these last few weeks has really required.  Rather than increasing time or distance, I plan on rolling this into my workout as the warm up.

Tidy: 17/28 = 61% C+

This goal was difficult.  Once I got started it was easy, but it required some hard-hatting to get at it.  Even then, it was easy for me to leave to the wayside since I naturally dislike doing it.  Despite that, I think it was a useful goal, and is one I will roll over into another goal session, since it kept the mess under control which I really needed while I was back and forth between here and my friends'.  

Workout: 10/15 = 66% C+

I love my workouts.  I am somewhat disappointed in myself that I didn't push myself harder than I did, because I love the way working out makes me feel, but I'm pleased that with all the travelling and ups and downs of the past three weeks that I didn't let it slide entirely.  I still need to work on making myself a priority while I look after others, which is what this goal has shown me.  My handstands are coming along slowly, as is most of it, but I moved a whole stair downwards on my push ups (3rd stair with good form!) and moved up to box jumps for leg exercises, which I really really really like.  So weird.

As for the rest of my world, my friends have decided to divorce.  Although the wife is willing to work on it, the husband is done and just wants out.  It's frustrating and heartbreaking, and there's lots of pain to come as they battle out custody, access, and financial divisions, as they split the business and sell the house and break each other's hearts even more in the process.  My role will be to be there for both of them as much as possible, to give them the calmest, most rational counsel that I can, to love those kids, and to hand out hugs when necessary to all involved.

• Like 1

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Great insights and work.

Hugs as you go through this with your friends; it's hard on everyone. And here are some extra hugs to share with the kids.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

****This is a semi-automatic message from your robot guild leader****

End of the challenge! Time to report.

This time, to be eligible for the most wanted list of the challenge, to allow us to have more data about the guild and many other good reasons, the most important being: you don't want to make your Robot guild leader cry :'(, please report a summary of your challenge wrap-up in this online form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1szgyHJNfrdtRWfCwCMKbC5Q3IiGziI_enFGsBzNRfo0/viewform

It shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes of your time, but it would save us a lot! As Usual, you can also write a more detailed report in the Challenge wrap-up thread:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44145-challenge-wrap-up-thread/

And in your own thread. Thanks for your time!

****This was a semi-automatic message from your robot guild leader*****

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines