Hi everyone,

I'm happy this exists! Boy do I need accountability. So as hard as it is to put this all out there, I'm going to do it to get to a better place. I used to be a competitive skater. So. In. Shape. Now, not so much. That was 13 years ago and boy do I miss it. I stopped because of money and school. I had to make a decision. Fast forward to today: I have an illness that has been diagnosed that gives me all kinds of issues and makes me very sick and I have some kind of allergy/illness that we are working to uncover what it is, but it makes me exhausted, sick (a different kind than the other), and causes rashes on my legs. I am a slave to my crazy rotating schedule, 50 hr a week job (which I do love but makes my personal life really difficult to manage). I have been having bouts of depression because of the exhaustion/ sleep schedule/ rashes/ stress/ and general lack of sunlight during the winter. I've wanted to skate but I've gone and been so exhausted I needed to sleep a whole day to recover. My doctors wanted to put me on an elimination diet which they said was like a Paleo diet. Wanting to feel better I immediately went home and started this diet HARDCORE. (Before talking with the nutritionist, hehe.). I felt immensely better. I felt like I was running on rocket fuel. I had tons of energy. Then I met with the nutritionist and she took out some of the items to test for allergies. Since then my energy has crashed and I'm hoping that excersize will help me get some of that energy back. I can't afford a gym so I'm going to do this at home and hopefully I can get back enough energy to skate again. I can't wait to do a challenge, but they are already 4 weeks in so ill hop on board on the next one. I also want to learn to meditate and figure out how to fit taking care of my place into my life. It would be really nice to get to a place of balance where I can do activities I love again, instead of feeling like a slave to my work and house. I want to be happy guys! Here's to accountability :)

Kelli

Adventurer janni

So the last two days I've been doing these squat things that I found on a cross fit video site. You basically do squats quickly throwing your arms above your head as you squat. They are really fun. I'm sure the neighbors are super amused. I also talked to my hubby about getting heavier weights in the house, to which he told me that we DO have heavier weights :). He wants to get some matting for our basement so we can have a real area to exercise in. It's cold as balls here so I asked for a space heater. He said we will see.

Food: I've pretty much had to follow this allergy elimination diet that the docs put me on, so I've only eaten meat and veggies. I can't wait to add stuff back in. If anyone is interested in trying it, it is: no soy, no dairy, no grains, no sugar, no eggs, no nuts, no tomatos, no citrus. I think that is all the nos. I can't wait to get back the eggs, tomatos and nuts. Hopefully, I am not allergic to any of those things but we will see.

Exercise: see above.

Life quests: I make costumes for people sometimes in my spare time ( like I have any). And I got two synchro swimmer costumes ready to be fitted with the help of my mom. So that was exciting. Got big plans for laundry and cooking today, plus planning the garden full of yummy veggies I will be eating this summer :)

-k

Kelli

Adventurer janni

Didn't do much exercising today, but did get a lot of life stuff done. I'm trying to decide what my first quest will be. Some thoughts, being able to do a full push up, getting back my six pack, being able to do a certain number of burpees in a row, getting a toned tush. Not Sure what I want to tackle First. I'll have to think about it more. I made lots of paleo foods to munch on during the week, including some snacks which is Good because it's easier to follow the diet when you have snacks. Time to get some quality rest because I've started getting signs of the autoimmune stuff rearing its ugly head and I want to keep ahead of it.

Have a great night everyone.

K

Kelli

Adventurer janni

I think I figured out my 6 week goal, although it may take more than 6 weeks to do it, so it's kinda lucky I started this now. I want my six pack abs back. So that will be my 6 week adventure and I will sign up when the next one comes through. I'm pretty excited now that a decision was made. :). Amazing how it changes your whole perspective. So I'm trying to remember my ex resizes from skating training that got me them in the first place. It was a circuit that I had to do everyday. Crunches, split hugs ( my name for them from childhood), bicycles, leg Lowers and full sit-ups? Can't remember but this sounds like a good starting point. I also was doing a lot of cardio and leg lifting, so I will continue with some crossfit activities at home and do some weighted squats. I haven't worked out the details yet as it is formulating in my head right now. My other goal is to do something on the days I am working instead of just crashing and surfing the web. This way when I get to my weekend I don't have a bunch of stuff all piled up to do. Personally, I'm going to continue to pay off debt until the cards are done and then I'm going to attack my student loans arrrr. (Attacking student loans makes me feel like making pirate sounds for some reason). Today...

Food: I stayed on track with my diet although I was dying for cake and chocolate today. I made porkito chips for myself so I wouldn't feel deprived and ate an entire container. I can't wait to start adding things back into my diet. Hopefully, I'm not allergic to anything.

Exercise: I am going to start my ab circuit today after my post :)

Personal: what a long day at work! Didn't do much physical stuff today which made me tired. I'm going to work on a costume tonight and fix an arm hole, and I did fold some laundry, yay !

-k

Kelli

Adventurer janni

I haven't written in a bit. Epic fail. But I do have some great news! I went to the doctors today and found out I'm now 134lbs. I lost 5 lbs since the last visit. So in total from starting the elimination diet I've lost 13lbs. I wasn't trying to lose weight, but it does make me feel better. I still am having a lack of energy and some foggy-ness. They did some vitamin and mineral tests and found out that I'm deficient in iron, vitamin d, vitamin e, magnesium, and calcium. So 200$ later in supplements and here I am. If it helps give me my brain back it will totally be worth it. It amazes me how I'm feeling much better than before and still I'm having these issues. I must have felt like poop before. The dietician said I can start adding things back into my diet. I had wine last night and interestingly woke up all night with muscle cramps in my legs really bad. I was told that the magnesium will help with that.... Hmmm. On Monday I'm planning to either add back in tomatoes or eggs. I'm really excited! I don't really want to add wheat back in, I'm scared of the results. I've been reading wheat belly and it sounds terrifying. Now that the swimsuit costumes are done I can start back in with my abs of steel dream :). I'm going to see if there is a challenge coming up soon. I can also catch up on sleep and cleaning the house. :). Yay!

Kelli

Adventurer janni

@jack, I think so. I'm looking forward to it :D.

So today, I woke up at the crack before going to work and ate a decent breakfast of bacon and greens and did my "circuit". Felt pretty good, but now that I'm home from work I'm zonked out. Maybe I didn't eat enough for all that extra activity... I'll try again tomorrow and see if it works. Still waiting on the supplements. Hoping these make me feel a bit less light headed and out of it. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope.

Kelli

Adventurer janni

@jack, I think so. I'm looking forward to it :D.

So today, I woke up at the crack before going to work and ate a decent breakfast of bacon and greens and did my "circuit". Felt pretty good, but now that I'm home from work I'm zonked out. Maybe I didn't eat enough for all that extra activity... I'll try again tomorrow and see if it works. Still waiting on the supplements. Hoping these make me feel a bit less light headed and out of it. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope.

Would you post the link to your upcoming challenge here?

Does it help that you eat more and have your supplements arrived?

So many questions, I´m sorry :)

Still haven't decided which group to join. I'm thinking of focusing on just taking care of the life stuff first and dealing with getting in shape second. There is so much holding me back here. I need to organize my life so I have time for not just excersize but also all the awesome things I want to do. I started taking the supplements and they are amazing. I still have the crazy rash on my shins, but I feel much better and have more energy to do things. I'm also warmer which is ridiculously awesome. My dh took me ice skating for Valentine's day and I was so happy being there. I miss it so much.

Kelli

Adventurer janni