6 pack in 6 months

Hi guys,

Recently made a fitness bet with a friend (you can read about it here).

Going to start working out Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, just said I'd give the workout a go this morning to see how I get on. Hoping to get a pull up bar too, but here's the results so far.

Deadlift 25kg x10, 25kg x10, 25kg x10

Pushup 10, 10, 10

Bodyweight squat 10, 10, 10

Plank 40 secs, 30 secs, 30secs

I'm a bit surprised I did that well, hoping to build on that over the next few weeks!

Hey Stub,

Good to know there's someone else out there going through something similar!

I'm doing it fasted at the moment, just literally rolling out of bed and into my warm up, then grabbing some breakfast afterwards. Don't really fancy the idea of working out on a full stomach!

Trying to get the workout done 3 days a week, I play football 2 of the evenings too, so I'm hoping that should be enough, might still need to find something to do to keep myself busy at weekends though!

Hi,

I like exercise fasted too. Although I've recently forced something down my throat before training and I've noticed better gains on my lifts. Only just started this so I can't really reflect on how its going bu I haven't been sick and I'm lifting more weight.

At the weekends I'm trying to either climb or go for a hike- weather hasnn't been great for that recently! I try and make it more fun than being inside a gym.

Good luck with the early mornings,

Stub

Fail to prepare... Prepare to fail.

hi again Bof!

stopping in to say again that i'm excited about this and that i will give your butt a kick when you need it. also, HIIT [high intensity interval training] is great for burning fat. i use this Tabata timer on T/Th to do HIIT sessions. http://fitlb.com/tabata-timer
i love them because they're so short, but i still feel like i worked really hard.

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

well, Tabata protocol is 20 seconds of the hardest possible work you can muster and 10 seconds rest, for 8 rounds. you can do sprints or any other all-out activity like that, but i do burpees. [they're easy to do inside, and i think they're really fun!] this is pretty dang hard to do, and it's wise to work your way up to doing the actual protocol. [taking a few more seconds of rest, subtracting a few seconds of work, and cutting down the number of rounds are all ways to customize the protocol to your particular needs. just remember to make it at least 10% harder every week!] sometimes people do lift/strength training to Tabata protocol, but i've heard it's not a good idea to do so.

so HIIT is the 1st best fat-burning workout [that i'm aware of], and circuit weight training [like Steve's body weight workout here on NF] is the 2nd. or maybe it's the other way around. regardless, they are the two best ways to burn calories. either/both of those + a healthy calorie-deficit diet = 6 pack.  B) oh, and of course, no matter what routine you decide to do, warming up and cooling down are crucial. [steve's got guides for those as well somewhere around here...] cheers!

level 4 elf ranger

I'll definitely give it a try when I get into slightly better shape, the circuits are tough enough on me as it is, not sure if I could take anything more intense at the moment! Today's workout went well anyway, improved in all areas (except squats, my legs are in bits after football last night, I couldn't even manage any on my third circuit...) Here's the results anyway:

Deadlift 30kg x10, 30kg x8, 30kg x8

Push up 12, 11, 10

Bodyweight squat 10, 10, N/A

Planks 45 secs, 45 secs, 38 secs

Assisted pull up 4, 3, 3

• Like 1

haha you gave it socks?

being sick does suck, but i find that sometimes, depending on what kind of sickness it is, working out actually helps me feel better. good job on keeping strong so far!

level 4 elf ranger

Haha, steal away! It's common enough here, can be used to describe putting a lot of effort into something (like I did above) or to encourage someone to put a lot of effort into something "I'm going for a run." "Give it socks!" :P

English lessons aside, here's how I got on today!

Deadlift 35kg x10, 35kg x10, 35kg x9

Push up  15, 12 ,12

Bodyweight squat 20, 20, 15

Planks 50 secs, 50 secs, 40 secs

It's all going well so far, think the eating healthy is the hardest part! I've no problem with the workouts, just would constantly love pizza or subway or a lasagne sandwich... :P

It can be a bit of a pain trying to coordinate everything around work too, but sure there's not much I can do about that! Hoping to get out for a few runs as well when (if) the weather gets warm again!

Workouts were neglected a bit for the last 2 weeks, due to family reasons, but I'm back on board now, and I've signed up for the latest 6 week challenge (here) to try keep me motivated. Today's workout was pretty tough, hopefully I'll be back to where I was by the end of the week.

Deadlift 39kg x8, 39kg x8

Push up 13, 10

Bodyweight squat 20, 20

Plank 50 secs, 50 secs

Lunges 10 per, leg 8 per leg

Assisted pull up 5, 4

Had to give up after the 2nd go, most of my limbs felt like they were ready to fall off...

Still absolutely wrecked (tired and sore!) after the last workout, so only did a half workout today. Definitely didn't have enough energy to get through a whole one, better to do something than nothing though!

Deadlift 39kg x5, 39kg x5, 39kg x5

Push up 10, 6, 6

Bodyweight squat 10, 10, 10

Plank 30 secs, 30 secs, 30 secs

Lunges 5 per leg, 5 per leg

Assisted pull up 3, 3, 3

Decided to try split this week's workouts up, as I've been doing them in the evenings after work, and don't have any energy left by the time I get home!

Monday:

Push up 8, 10

Plank 50 secs, 30 secs

Assisted Pull up 5, 4

Tuesday

Deadlift 39kg x7, 39kg x8, 39kg x6

Bodyweight squat 20, 20, 20

I was a bit wrecked on Monday, so the workout didn't go too well. Might have to switch back to morning sessions, just do be way too tired in the evenings!

So you are working out alot which is awesome!

From my understanding though, a 6pack is mostly a show of body fat percentage.

What are you eating and stuff?

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"