Any cosplayers?

I love to cosplay and I'm wondering if anyone else here does too or even if you just find it interesting. If you do what is your favorite character to cosplay and what are your future cosplay plans? I usually go as a zombie because it's cheap and I'm poor but I'm working on green lantern things right now. I'm pretty excited about them.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

I've always wanted to, but in the shape I'm currently in the only characters I could convincingly cosplay would be Big Daddy or Buck Godot.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I've always wanted to, but in the shape I'm currently in the only characters I could convincingly cosplay would be Big Daddy or Buck Godot.

It's not about being convincing is about having fun. As long a you are in a good group it doesn't matter.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

I absolutely ADORE cosplaying.  I do it a lot during the year, but I don't have as good of designs as other people.  I can show you some of my latest costumes! :D

945950_10151863420139726_172924709_n.jpg

This one was this past fall... and probably the most intricate costume I've done: Captain Falcon.  With a little bit of creative thinking, anything is possible :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind doing it if I were in better shape... not a lot of rotund characters (well, none that are cool enogh to want to cosplay)

I would definitely do Jin from "Samurai Champloo" once I get back down to 200 or so.

I've pretty much got the hair, I wear glasses, I'm normally a bit quiet with a touch of stoicism... yeah, I could be convincing and have fun doing it.

Its not about being convincing its about having fun. you dont have to be exact. you can be any shape or size and play any character. Just have fun with it.

oh man, so many that i want to do!

Samus
vsjo0l.png

Fionna
f1mt0h.jpg

Supergirl
33442dj.png
[i would customize it, but i would base it on this particular design]

Sheik
ou31qq.png

aaaand randomly, Brock and Hank.  :tongue:
xg9rvd.png
lol i would be the tiniest, most feminine Brock ever.

i have to level up my sewing skills before i can do any of that though. and i've never had any reason to cosplay other than Halloween. no conventions or anything in my town, really.

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

oh man, so many that i want to do!

Samus

vsjo0l.png

Fionna

f1mt0h.jpg

Supergirl

33442dj.png

[i would customize it, but i would base it on this particular design]

Sheik

ou31qq.png

aaaand randomly, Brock and Hank.  :tongue:

xg9rvd.png

lol i would be the tiniest, most feminine Brock ever.

i have to level up my sewing skills before i can do any of that though. and i've never had any reason to cosplay other than Halloween. no conventions or anything in my town, really.

What would you change about the supergirl? Those all seem like they would be fun.

I would love to say that I cosplay but sadly I think what I do is just playing dress up :(  Would love to go all out at a con sometime.

If you are dressing like a character it's cosplay. It doesn't have to be perfect it has to be fun.
  • Like 1

I'll take that.  

If you are dressing like a character it's cosplay. It doesn't have to be perfect it has to be fun.

When I was younger I used become a Star Fleet officer often.  Then I transitioned to an all things vampire and gothic phase.  Now there is a lot of Kimono's and anime-esque clothing in my closet.  Although I have to admit that my general approach to fashion tends to be what character do I want to be today....the only the that changes is how obvious is it to the world that I'm in character.  

• Like 2

I'm just starting to get interested in it.  I found out there's going to be a Con near me in April, which is amazing, since St Louis rarely has Cons that I've ever heard of.  

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so naturally my first plan it to be a Sith Lord.  It'll be more of a generic one though.  I don't have anything like the money to build Revan or Malgus or any of that.  

Plus, I want my costume to double as sparring gear for my lightsaber training, so that makes it a little more complex.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm just starting to get interested in it.  I found out there's going to be a Con near me in April, which is amazing, since St Louis rarely has Cons that I've ever heard of.  

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so naturally my first plan it to be a Sith Lord.  It'll be more of a generic one though.  I don't have anything like the money to build Revan or Malgus or any of that.  

Plus, I want my costume to double as sparring gear for my lightsaber training, so that makes it a little more complex.  

youtube can be your best friend. there are tons of tutorials and ways to do things cheap on there.