Twilight's World Conquest

I'm still sooo sore from Monday's classes! My above the knee muscles, my butt muscles, and my chest muscles are all sore. :D

Decided to shoot a quick and dirty thing for my night job while dinner was being made last night. Rather than worrying about everything being just so, I threw on some makeup and did it in one take, then I uploaded it right away. Progress! And the thing itself showed my tummy, folding over forward even, and I actually liked the way it looked! THAT's even better progress, as far as I'm concerned. I liked how my stomach looked in the whole thing! I don't think I've lost any weight (still don't have a scale), but I'm feeling good about my body, and that's the best thing as far as I'm concerned. 

Trying to fight off a cold. Trying to not do everything at once. 

Husband's birthday is tomorrow! Making a cake tonight. :)

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Twilight said:

but I'm feeling good about my body, and that's the best thing as far as I'm concerned. 

That is what matters, yes! :D  Great job!

Cake, what kind of cake, can we have pics, please?  Pretty please? (I'm on keto, but I like to watch! ;) )

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Well it's husband's birthday and I'm sick. Still making the cake; just being extra careful to not breathe on it and stuff.

Still sore from Monday's classes. Gonna go to the heels class tomorrow and am crossing my fingers that today's day of rest and working from home will cure what ails me.

On 1/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Vibrantella said:

That is what matters, yes! :D  Great job!

Cake, what kind of cake, can we have pics, please?  Pretty please? (I'm on keto, but I like to watch! ;) )

Thanks! :D

Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake. He likes that brand, and wants a chocolate cake with canned chocolate frosting every year. I used to try and get fancy with it, but he likes what he likes. I'll see if the cake is worth taking photos of! :lol:

• Like 3
On 1/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, Twilight said:

Decided to shoot a quick and dirty thing for my night job while dinner was being made last night. Rather than worrying about everything being just so, I threw on some makeup and did it in one take, then I uploaded it right away. Progress! And the thing itself showed my tummy, folding over forward even, and I actually liked the way it looked! THAT's even better progress, as far as I'm concerned. I liked how my stomach looked in the whole thing! I don't think I've lost any weight (still don't have a scale), but I'm feeling good about my body, and that's the best thing as far as I'm concerned. 

<3

• Like 1

I survived class and only fell on my butt twice near the end! I hurt my little toe though. But not my ankles, which is what I was most worried about.

Yesterday was the meet n greet for the group drag act in the spring. I'm really excited to get to work on that. 

Retro Go Go and Bump n Grind class tomorrow. :)

• Like 3
On 1/15/2018 at 9:22 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Dancing and walking in heels is no joke! Whenever I've had a pole routine and I had to step away from the pole I felt like Bambi on ice. :D 

How are the other people? Did you know them for before?

Yeah that's how I felt! :lol:

I had met one of them in another class the week before, but the other person and the instructor were new to me. Lots of class crossover in general though, which is nice. :)

Next class is actually Wednesday, not tonight. Tonight is my monthly bi mom's group meeting, and since it's at my house, my gf might attend for the first time! She's a parent now, but there's not much info out there for new third parents in a poly triad, so it's tough. Lots to adjust to all at once.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Twilight said:

Dance class x2 went great! I'm getting better at remembering sequences of moves, and my movements feel more fluid. I really like the instructor for the Wednesday classes, so that helps, too.

Awesome!

On 1/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, Twilight said:

She's a parent now

Wait you mean she's "coparenting" with you or that she got her own kid?

That’s what I suspected but with your complex relationships you never know ;) 

I can imagine that’s a really tricky transition, and I guess the older the kids the worse it gets. Then again I wonder if it’s much different to introduce a third parent than a second parent? More room for intraparental disagreements, and generally more complex, but overall I’d think many of the issues are similar? Not that I have any clue whatsoever. :P I’m sure you’ll figure it out though. 

• Like 1
On 1/19/2018 at 1:01 PM, Mad Hatter said:

That’s what I suspected but with your complex relationships you never know ;) 

I can imagine that’s a really tricky transition, and I guess the older the kids the worse it gets. Then again I wonder if it’s much different to introduce a third parent than a second parent? More room for intraparental disagreements, and generally more complex, but overall I’d think many of the issues are similar? Not that I have any clue whatsoever. :P I’m sure you’ll figure it out though. 

Mr. Husband and I have been coparenting since day one, so it's hard for a new person to come in when there's all this established stuff that's been going on for years. I figure it's like a step-parent situation and have suggested she seek out step-parent info and groups for guidance, but since they aren't poly-oriented, it will be missing something. I'm hoping she finds something that helps though. I also need to learn how to incorporate her parenting ideals and ideas into what I do; I've never been one to listen to anyone else's parenting advice, and I'm very much not used to having another person not only give me their two cents about how to raise my kids, but I have to listen, evaluate, and incorporate (with negotiations and further communications of course) the new info into my life. It's challenging for all of us, but the kids seem to have adapted already. :lol:

My intermittent fasting plan seems to be producing results; I'm wearing one of my size 6 skirts again! My tummy looks flatter in that spot below my belly button. I feel good. When I find a scale I'll know for sure, but evidence seems to be pointing towards me slimming down. I like this method.

Last night I was practicing my number a bit in the kitchen right before bed, without any clothes on. Is there a better way to channel Billy Idol? :D 

Dance class tomorrow!

• Like 4

I've never been one to listen to anyone else's parenting advice, and I'm very much not used to having another person not only give me their two cents about how to raise my kids,

Yeah that sounds really tough. After all you've been doing this and now this upstart is butting in. ;) Glad that your kids are adapting well! How old are they now again?

Yay for IF results!

Is there a better way to channel Billy Idol? :D 

Is there any other way? ;) 

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yeah that sounds really tough. After all you've been doing this and now this upstart is butting in. ;) Glad that your kids are adapting well! How old are they now again?

Is there any other way? ;) 

;):lol: 

The kids are 9 and nearly 12. 

I figured out my outfit for my performance last night. GF is very into it. ;) And previously, I didn't think I'd want to do any clothing removal, but now that I know what I"m wearing I can see when and how I could take stuff off, so that's cool! PROGRESS.

I saw my optometrist today and have contact lenses for performance, so I'm not going to lose my glasses all the time any more!

• Like 3

Didn't wear my new contacts for dance class last night and lost my glasses repeatedly while we were practicing spinning across the floor. Oops. :-p I picked up some moves and ideas for my performance in March at the first class. Not sure I want to do the second one again; I ended up quite nauseous because of all the spinning.

• Like 2
On 1/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, Twilight said:

And previously, I didn't think I'd want to do any clothing removal, but now that I know what I"m wearing I can see when and how I could take stuff off, so that's cool! PROGRESS.

Yay I'm glad you're taking clothes off! (I'm glad this is your thread where comments like that won't be taken the wrong way ;)) Clothing removal is such a huge part of burlesque, even if you're doing neo I think it's nice with the nod to tradition, it wouldn't be the same without it.

5 hours ago, Twilight said:

Not sure I want to do the second one again; I ended up quite nauseous because of all the spinning.

They say it gets better... Though I'm not sure I believe them. :P 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yay I'm glad you're taking clothes off! (I'm glad this is your thread where comments like that won't be taken the wrong way ;)) Clothing removal is such a huge part of burlesque, even if you're doing neo I think it's nice with the nod to tradition, it wouldn't be the same without it.

Weeeeelllll ... drag queens don't strip, so why should drag kings? This is a drag act, so stripping isn't a given. I've got no problem with nudity, but it bothers me that this is one of many double standards between kings and queens.

• Like 1